Introductions

Hydroblade

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-13 at 09:39, TheQuiller said:

Hello, everyone!

I am a very new fan of figure skating - I was lucky enough to chance upon the broadcast of the final group of Men's FS at Worlds 2017 and fell in love with the sport at first sight. Yuzuru Hanyu had a large part in that, because watching him skate was mesmerizing, even though I didn't know anything about him at the time - not his world ranking, not his previous achievements, not even how incredible the program I was watching really was. Even without any background knowledge of the sport, Yuzu's performance - all of the top men's performances, to be hocheese hole - were utterly breathtaking.

Now, a month and a half later, I've binged hundreds of different programs across different decades and disciplines. I've rewatched a few elements over and over to teach myself how to discern triples from quads, lutzes from flips, counters from rockers, et cetera et cetera. I'm still very much an amateur, but the more programs I watch and the more I learn about this sport, the more Yuzuru Hanyu takes my breath away when I go back to rewatch his programs. It's obvious that he's something special, but as I'm getting to know figure skating better, I'm also starting to realize just HOW incredibly special his skating really is. I have no idea how I got this lucky, but I have a feeling that one of the first free programs I ever watched is one of the very best free programs ever skated.

So, here I am, I guess. I'm completely obsessed with figure skating now. Yuzuru Hanyu has me up at 3 AM on a weekday rewatching Worlds 2012's R&J, NHK 2015's Seimei, or Sochi's Parisienne Walkways for the twentieth time each. I've started sifting through twitter and tumblr for every bit of news about him I can find, because I can't help but be fascinated by the man behind these magical programs that don't even seem humanly possible to complete with such grace and ease. I've become a complete fan girl and I have no idea how or when it happened.

Someone, help. I've fallen hard and I don't think I can get back out.

I actually had to check who posted this because I thought I wrote it! Exact same experience, exact same thoughts and feelings. It's incredible. Now I'm a host for a skating virus.

• 2 months later...

Hello! 

I’m a bit nervous because it’s been quite a while since I participated in a forum dedicated to one specific person. :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid: (Is my age showing yet, haha) 

I became a fan of Yuzu before Sochi and that was because of my friend who kept tweeting about him. x) I was already a casual figure skating fan because of my sisters who were into US figure skating during Michelle Kwan’s time, and I was a casual observer of Yuna and Mao when they were still active. 

I’m not as well-informed about Yuzu as everyone else here is, but I really do love watching him skate. I prefer his skating over anyone else’s :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

It's nice to meet you all!

22 minutes ago, 5tarfruit said:

Hello! 

I’m a bit nervous because it’s been quite a while since I participated in a forum dedicated to one specific person. :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid: (Is my age showing yet, haha) 

I became a fan of Yuzu before Sochi and that was because of my friend who kept tweeting about him. x) I was already a casual figure skating fan because of my sisters who were into US figure skating during Michelle Kwan’s time, and I was a casual observer of Yuna and Mao when they were still active. 

I’m not as well-informed about Yuzu as everyone else here is, but I really do love watching him skate. I prefer his skating over anyone else’s :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

It's nice to meet you all!

Hello and welcome to the planet :tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw:

You joined just in time for the beginning of the madness, wait for another eruption of Mt. Irene:volcano:!

Hello everyone! I'm kind of nervous since it's been a while since I actually used a forum but nice to meet you all. I always liked figure skating  but Yuzu made me fall in love with it and follow it more closely. I was a lurker at GS but I had to take a break due to classes and when I came back I noticed that the  thread was missing people and was very slow for the usual crazy standars (lol) plus it was split into seasons.

I'm glad I found this place to talk about fs and Yuzu and the design it's very pretty :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

17 minutes ago, galaxydreams said:

Hello everyone! I'm kind of nervous since it's been a while since I actually used a forum but nice to meet you all. I always liked figure skating  but Yuzu made me fall in love with it and follow it more closely. I was a lurker at GS but I had to take a break due to classes and when I came back I noticed that the  thread was missing people and was very slow for the usual crazy standars (lol) plus it was split into seasons.

I'm glad I found this place to talk about fs and Yuzu and the design it's very pretty :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

Welcome to the planet! I'm happy that you have found the forum.

I hope you will enjoy it being here! :smile:

2 hours ago, galaxydreams said:

Que bueno que nos encontraste :biggrin: espero que te guste estar aqui!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

I was lurking here for a few days and I finally decided to join this forum, it's been a while since I participated in one so im a little nervous haha.

I'm a casual figure skating fan since 2009 (I was  a really big plushenko fan) and I knew about Yuzu after sochi, because, well, figure skating is not a well known sport in my country and winter olympics are like the few times were competion are broadcast on tv. idk what more to say but yeah, I love Yuzu, I actually think that He is the best figure skater ever and I hope to keep learning more about him because he's amazing :knc_brian1: 

(another reason i joined the forum: I LOVE THESE EMOTICONS)

On 10/7/2017 at 5:15 PM, Lavak said:

Hello!

I was lurking here for a few days and I finally decided to join this forum, it's been a while since I participated in one so im a little nervous haha.

I'm a casual figure skating fan since 2009 (I was  a really big plushenko fan) and I knew about Yuzu after sochi, because, well, figure skating is not a well known sport in my country and winter olympics are like the few times were competion are broadcast on tv. idk what more to say but yeah, I love Yuzu, I actually think that He is the best figure skater ever and I hope to keep learning more about him because he's amazing :knc_brian1: 

(another reason i joined the forum: I LOVE THESE EMOTICONS)

Welcome :tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

I'm new here but a long time fan of figure skating.

I have a lot of favorite skaters but the one I prefer most right now is of course Yuzuru.

Growing up my favorite was Plushenko and I still love his performances a lot, then the title of my absolute favorite passed to Patrick Chan and then to young Yuzuru. I love so much the way he performs and expresses himself and his artistic side, it soothe my heart to see him skate. It's a feeling that right now I have only with him, Patrick, Misha Ge, Carolina Kostner and the Shibs. Obviously I love other skaters too, the list is actually pretty long :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I'm from Italy and I'll go to Worlds 2018 obviously, I would never miss the chance, but sadly I'll be all alone because I don't know any other fs fan and my friends don't like it even a bit :tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380:

So I hope to make new friends here to finally share my passion with somebody :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

2 hours ago, Rora1608 said:

I have a lot of favorite skaters but the one I prefer most right now is of course Yuzuru.

Growing up my favorite was Plushenko and I still love his performances a lot, then the title of my absolute favorite passed to Patrick Chan and then to young Yuzuru. I love so much the way he performs and expresses himself and his artistic side, it soothe my heart to see him skate. It's a feeling that right now I have only with him, Patrick, Misha Ge, Carolina Kostner and the Shibs. Obviously I love other skaters too, the list is actually pretty long :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I'm from Italy and I'll go to Worlds 2018 obviously, I would never miss the chance, but sadly I'll be all alone because I don't know any other fs fan and my friends don't like it even a bit :tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380:

So I hope to make new friends here to finally share my passion with somebody :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Hello friend! Welcome to Planet Hanyu!:pancake:

I am from Italy as well, we are not a lot here but we exist!! Where from Italy? I will do everything in my power to go to Worlds in Milano, although it might require a lot of effort. If they take me as volunteer, then I will be there as a worker for the whole event. 

I will gladly introduce you to a lot of Italian FS fans, as I had the luck of finding a lot of them even in my uni course at Sapienza in Rome :laughing:

Intanto, hai visto il gruppo italiano di Pattinaggio su Ghiaccio su facebook? Là gli amministratori sono quasi tutti appassionati di Yuzuru, tra cui il famosissimo Massimiliano Ambesi, e company xDDD 

5 hours ago, Rora1608 said:

Welcome :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: Glad you joined :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid: i hope you can make many nice connections here, watch out for our dear Mt. Irene volcano, which erupts whenever Yuzu does... something. Hope you enjoy your stay in the Planet!

7 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Hello friend! Welcome to Planet Hanyu!:pancake:

I am from Italy as well, we are not a lot here but we exist!! Where from Italy? I will do everything in my power to go to Worlds in Milano, although it might require a lot of effort. If they take me as volunteer, then I will be there as a worker for the whole event. 

I will gladly introduce you to a lot of Italian FS fans, as I had the luck of finding a lot of them even in my uni course at Sapienza in Rome :laughing:

Intanto, hai visto il gruppo italiano di Pattinaggio su Ghiaccio su facebook? Là gli amministratori sono quasi tutti appassionati di Yuzuru, tra cui il famosissimo Massimiliano Ambesi, e company xDDD 

I'm from Verona, so fortunately I'm very close to Milan! I hope everything works out for you and the volunteer thing :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid: I worked once at Opera on Ice and I met Carolina Kostner and saw Stephane Lambiel :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: I couldn't meet him and talk to him but he walked near me, I'm happy anyway :tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5:

I would really like to meet other italian fs fans :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: I'm so unlucky, here no one even knows that fs is an Olympic sport :laughing:

Il gruppo lo conoscevo già, lo seguo ogni giorno e anche Ambesi su FB e Twitter! Adoro i suoi commenti e di Dolfini sul pattinaggio, cerco sempre di vedere le gare con i loro commenti e seguo sempre Kiss&Cry. Mi fanno morire quando "impazziscono" per Yuzuru :laughing:

4 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

Welcome :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: Glad you joined :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid: i hope you can make many nice connections here, watch out for our dear Mt. Irene volcano, which erupts whenever Yuzu does... something. Hope you enjoy your stay in the Planet!

Thank you for the welcome :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: