Music talk

On 13.4.2018. at 6:21 AM, Xen said:

we're still missing Yuzu+strings (violin or cello).

I will forever mourn Yuzuru not doing Tartini's Devil's Trill because that would be a step sequence to out-do all step-sequences ever. If anyone can skate that properly, he can.

4 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

I will forever mourn Yuzuru not doing Tartini's Devil's Trill because that would be a step sequence to out-do all step-sequences ever. If anyone can skate that properly, he can.

I liked that so much -it would be great.

I still have a yen for the demon barber's Epiphany - or some Danny Elfmann - he'd make a great Edward Scissorhands, but neither lends itself to the costumes he likes :happy:

2 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I liked that so much -it would be great.

I still have a yen for the demon barber's Epiphany - or some Danny Elfmann - he'd make a great Edward Scissorhands, but neither lends itself to the costumes he likes :happy:

Uh yes, I would love seeing that! Haha, well now that he's dusted off the two OGMs, he could try stepping out of the box sartorially if some good music demands it. Shock the masses and all :biggrin:

One other thing I'd perhaps like to see him try is Elgar and Violin Sonata in E minor, just gorgeous but I would say that is even less possible as he's really not all that known (unfortunately). I think him trying to handle the Devil has a better shot than that! 

1 minute ago, Sombreuil said:

He'd find the Scissorhands hair easy enough- just do a few energetic spins in the warm up and ready to go - save a fortune in hair products!

Spin hair! :laughing:

There was a particularly wonderful case of spin-hair at some point last season, post Notte Stellata so yes, agreed! Bet he'd enjoy doing Scissorhands but alas, as it often goes, someone actually has to think of it and suggest it. It's a crime how limited FS music is. 

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Wouldn't it be wonderful if

Honestly, I couldn't stop my tears from falling watching this.

Yuzu is the only skater who can hold entire audience's breath with a single hand movement.

Subtle and gentle music like this is very difficult even for Yuzu to appeal to the judges but I want to see Yuzu skating to beautiful and organic music. His H & L showed the world there are more to figure skating than performing to dramatic music.