Music talk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I watched a David Bowie concert from around 2003 on tv tonight - very good.  I saw him live only once, in Manchester in the late 80s - his voice was rough from a long tour and he hadn’t resorted to delegating some of the vocals to others as he had by the time of the concert in Dublin that I watched tonight.  He probably should have.

I’ve said I’d like Yuzuru to skate to something by Bowie, and I still would like to see that,  but in the present climate I’d just like him to find something that calls to him, like Seimei, and something that fits him perfectly like Ballade no 1,  or Parisan, do that 4 A in competition and then free himself from the straitjacket of ISU and its vacillations and create whatever he feels like, free of requirements of time or elements, or any of the rest of the requirements that are so arbitrarily dropped when it suits the powers that be.

• 4 weeks later...

I felt a sudden urge to see Yuzuru Hanyu skating to Maurice Ravel's Concerto en Sol (Concerto in G).

SP and FP cut on the first movement :

and Gala/Exhibition skated to the whole second movement, with no jump, a spin or two, just his glide and his beautiful body movements, changes of edge, etc.

To be honest, my preferred version of the first movement this concerto is by Martha Argerich with Armin Jordan conducting the Orchestre de la Suisse romande, because I don't like Pierre Boulez' tendency towards some violence, which I had tape-recorded on France Musique; but all her interpretations I heard on Youtube had a very approximative conducting — which is intolerable in this piece of music, and even influenced Argerich's play. Boulez may not be to my taste, he was precise and accurate to his vision of works. And anyway the second movement is largely dominated by piano.

Here is the third movement :

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hope Yuzu has been taking a good break, stays safe and healthy!  Already miss him much... Wonder if he has decided to keep or change his SP music choice yet?  Just went through this music chats thread again, and enjoy many of the classicals and music pieces (actually learnt a lot too, thanks satellites!).  

If more ideas are wanted (say if he is lurking!), as SP, gala, or the future Continue With Wings or Fly with Wings tours (I wish!), maybe we add more  for his consideration too, e.g.:

Pop/Rock: I was born to love you... by Queen (great to see him here too)

Pop/softer:  How long will I love you... many versions that he may choose or mix and match, but there are 2 versions that I like more:

https://music.apple.com/ug/album/how-long-will-i-love-you-epic-version-single/id1523685072

... for his love to the ice rink, Pooh-san and FS... :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

• 4 weeks later...

Recently I watch a Chinese drama "The Longest Day In Chang'an" every night, and an image that Yuzuru dressed as a Chinese prince is dancing to this ending theme in the Gala of Beijin Olympics wouldn't leave my head :dbana:

(I love the lyrics, a poem written by a famous Chinese poet Li Bai.)

Different versions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgKD_HcuXEQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odpZZmXGnuw

短歌行 - "Short Song Lines"

白日何短短,百年苦易滿。

蒼穹浩茫茫,萬劫太極長。

麻姑垂兩鬢,一半已成霜。

How transient is it for a day,

Hundred years suddenly pass away.

The vault of universe is boundless,

The doomed eternal life never ends.

Even the temples of Goddess Magu,

Half has turned to frosty grey.

天公見玉女,大笑億千場。

吾欲攬六龍,迴車掛扶桑。

北斗酌美酒,勸龍各一觴。

富貴非所願,與人駐顏光。

The ruler of heaven laughs every time he sees his granddaughter,

So he has probably laughed million times.

I want to tame the six dragons who haul the Sun God’s chariot,

Tie them to the ancient tree of Fusang.

Pour a full cup of fine wine into the Big Dipper hanging on the sky,

Toast and persuade the dragons for a hearty drink.

Fortune is not what I am after,

Only hope to halt the time, preserve the youthfulness.

https://bridgeofworldpoetry.wordpress.com/2017/04/11/translation短歌行-the-short-song-lines/

On 5/11/2017 at 12:20 PM, marlet said:

This is just me and Machida looks nice with eyeliner but I really hope yuzu never wears eyeliner or dye his hair, he's beautiful with no makeup :)

Yup. I love his soft black hair so much. Just like the song What make you beautiful, he doesnt need any make up .