Music talk

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

I believe his most 'out of the ordinary' music pieces he used is Stravinsky's Firebird (that is, anyways, pretty chill if you consider Stravinsky's dodecaphonic compositions, or even if you compare it to Prokofiev) and... what else? 

Yes, Firebird is truly "out of ordinary music" but still a warhorse. I have seen his program but didn´t remember it. It must Nanami´s choice because he was so young then. Pieces that he has chosen himself are not that complicated imo.

23 minutes ago, Lyyli said:

Yes, Firebird is truly "out of ordinary music" but still a warhorse. I have seen his program but didn´t remember it. It must Nanami´s choice because he was so young then. Pieces that he has chosen himself are not that complicated imo.

Yes, I think pieces like that at a young age pushed him to make effort to connect with the music more, which resulted in his incredible sensibility now that he's an adult, so I really appreciate Nanami's choices! 

Yes, he becomes 'complicated' under other aspects... Hope and Legacy is not musically complex, but the interpretation is.

Who knows what he'll chose for next year. A more 'challenging' music or a more 'challenging' interpretation? Or will he sacrifice both aspects for a more 'challenging' technical content? I wish he could find a balance with all of these three components. I am sure that this is what he aspires to, and what he searches for in a program. 

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

Who knows what he'll chose for next year. A more 'challenging' music or a more 'challenging' interpretation? Or will he sacrifice both aspects for a more 'challenging' technical content? I wish he could find a balance with all of these three components. I am sure that this is what he aspires to, and what he searches for in a program. 

Yes, the balance is important. He surely chooses a piece that inspires him and serves him both in technical and artistic content. I presume the music choice is very important for a skater like Yuzu because he really wants to express all the nuances of the piece he is skating to. If the music feels right for him it is of course easier to bring the most out of it and also to forget the pressure.  

2 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Yes, I think pieces like that at a young age pushed him to make effort to connect with the music more, which resulted in his incredible sensibility now that he's an adult, so I really appreciate Nanami's choices! 

Yes, he becomes 'complicated' under other aspects... Hope and Legacy is not musically complex, but the interpretation is.

You know he's going to go all guns blazing and order from all 3 columns...it's not him to take the easy route. Or maybe for him, it is psychologically easier than taking the less complex route.  I'm also tempted to say Firebird, though Rite of Spring would also be interesting. And New World Symphony is another piece that could work, I think Dvorak in general might work for him. 

Also, your thoughts on Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto 1? 

1 hour ago, Xen said:

You know he's going to go all guns blazing and order from all 3 columns...it's not him to take the easy route. Or maybe for him, it is psychologically easier than taking the less complex route.  I'm also tempted to say Firebird, though Rite of Spring would also be interesting. And New World Symphony is another piece that could work, I think Dvorak in general might work for him. 

Also, your thoughts on Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto 1? 

Rite of Spring Rite of Spring Rite of Spring!

Well, Tchaikovsky is a composer that wore his heart on his musical sheets, per say. He's a late Romantic bloomer. I think this makes his music and Yuzuru's skating similar in a way! So, to me, Piano Concerto n.1, First movement, could be a wonderful choice. Tchaikovsky hides a lot of pain behind his easy-on-the-ears musical themes. Also, his music is full of crescendo's and diminuendo's, which make it easy to adapt to a skating program. 

I wouldn't use Second and Third movement, but that's just because the First is my favourite :)

I also think that Overture 1812 (maybe without the bells ringing :rofl:) has to be skated at least once by someone! 

3 hours ago, Lynnie said:

:13357508: Intense serial killer Yuzu would go perfectly with that :10636614:

Right? Honestly, I'd pay to see him skate to it. It has everything necessary, just requires a good cut. I can see the step sequence in my head and :13877886:
The only person I know that's ever used the music is Caro Kostner, in the 2012/13 season (in combination with A Transylvanian Lullaby); Lori did that choreo thought I'd want just the Trill. Ahh, dreams are free!

Hi everyone, been lurking for a while here, finally got around to actually posting anything. I wanted to ask if anyone remembers The Man in the Iron Mask OST being suggested by any golden skate posters? I have seen it thrown around as possible fs music on here but don't remember about golden skate? Because I remember in that list of music some fan had allegedly sent to Yuzu to put circles on the pieces he liked, he had put a circle on Heart of a King, and double circles on The Palace and All for One. Asian dream song had also had double circles marked on it and he ended up using it. That had me thinking that he could get a really good edit out of those three pieces, they're cinematic and dramatic so would suit him too, despite also having the drawback of maybe setting up direct comparisons to Yagudin.

37 minutes ago, 5expressions said:

Hi everyone, been lurking for a while here, finally got around to actually posting anything. I wanted to ask if anyone remembers The Man in the Iron Mask OST being suggested by any golden skate posters? I have seen it thrown around as possible fs music on here but don't remember about golden skate? Because I remember in that list of music some fan had allegedly sent to Yuzu to put circles on the pieces he liked, he had put a circle on Heart of a King, and double circles on The Palace and All for One. Asian dream song had also had double circles marked on it and he ended up using it. That had me thinking that he could get a really good edit out of those three pieces, they're cinematic and dramatic so would suit him too, despite also having the drawback of maybe setting up direct comparisons to Yagudin.

Heya, welcome! Yes, it was mentioned on GS, we were talking about it in the general chat. Wouldn't mind him skating to Man in the Iron Mask. It's a nice piece of music, and Yuzu-fencing would be interesting!

I like Heart of a King,  and other than Yagudin, Anasina/Peizerat also used this piece too. We should send him the New World Symphony and Rite of Spring then, and maybe La Campanella!

1 hour ago, 5expressions said:

Hi and welcome! This post showed some compiled music suggestions given at GS. And yes, Man in the Iron Mask OST: The Palace, All for One was one of the suggestions.

https://planethanyu.com/topic/3-general-yuzuru-chat/?do=findComment&comment=33807

16 minutes ago, Xen said:

Heya, welcome! Yes, it was mentioned on GS, we were talking about it in the general chat. Wouldn't mind him skating to Man in the Iron Mask. It's a nice piece of music, and Yuzu-fencing would be interesting!

Ah thanks! And yes, it's one of those pieces of kinda-sorta-warhorse music(along with dance macabre) to which I wouldn't mind watching Yuzu skate. It's so much fun speculating and reading everyone else's speculations, even though the likelihood of any of our fav music getting picked is slim to none. Browsing through this thread was great nevertheless, I got to listen to a lot of new music.

Just now, 5expressions said:

Ah thanks! And yes, it's one of those pieces of kinda-sorta-warhorse music(along with dance macabre) to which I wouldn't mind watching Yuzu skate. It's so much fun speculating and reading everyone else's speculations, even though the likelihood of any of our fav music getting picked is slim to none. Browsing through this thread was great nevertheless, I got to listen to a lot of new music.

It does have the elements of a warhorse, though I think Surrounded would also work well as an ending piece- it was edited as the end in Anasina and Peizerat's performance. A King for a King would also work nicely. His costume might then look closer to POTO then?