Music talk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not a Game of Thrones fan but I am hugely into soundtracks so someone told me (told me) I needed to check out the music.

I am now totally wanting someone to use The Night King (probably not for competition, but I don;t care) even if the only skater this boased person can think who could do it justice is...

Guess.

On 8/10/2019 at 6:06 AM, TallyT said:

I'm not a Game of Thrones fan but I am hugely into soundtracks so someone told me (told me) I needed to check out the music.

I am now totally wanting someone to use The Night King (probably not for competition, but I don;t care) even if the only skater this boased person can think who could do it justice is...

Guess.

Trusova will use it as her FS music next season. I hope that she can do justice to this amazing piece...

This weekend I made a trip back to the 70's and 80's and discovered THIS   :LOL:

Rocky Sharpe & The Replays: Rama Lama Ding Dong

Imagine Yuzu trolling us with TWO SUNGLASSES like Rocky in the video:rofl:

16 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Trusova will use it as her FS music next season. I hope that she can do justice to this amazing piece...

Oh is she?

Damn.

She is one of only two skaters I can say I really, truly would rather listen to nails running down a chalk board than watch.

10 hours ago, TallyT said:

Oh is she?

Damn.

She is one of only two skaters I can say I really, truly would rather listen to nails running down a chalk board than watch.

Oh, now I'm curious who the other one is :muahaha:

To be honest: her skating style is not my cup of tea either.

• 5 months later...

It has already been said that Yuzuru Hanyu skated on a Krystian Zimerman interpretation of Chopin's First Ballade, which I "happened" to "discover" only last weekend, when I found the Japanese pianist's interview about 2015 Fantasy on Ice. I had just noticed how good were the cut and the interpretation, but not recognized "his usual touch", the skating score having, how to say, a "thicker stroke". I should have thought better. Krystian Zimerman is very sensitive of the conditions of rendering of a recording, having once said for instance that digitizing old analogical records, where pianists had played according to the recording technical limitations they knew, was like "undressing the Gioconda and finding she had not had shower". ;-) Of course, for the piece to be played on an ice rink, with the problems of reverberation (though usually a hundred times better than they used to be in my childhood, when I wondered how those skaters could bear such horrors), he had to play with that thicker stroke; and we could see in this last 4CC that his interpretation was efficient to compensate this fail, as Yuzuru Hanyu could skate so wonderfully, so immersed in the music, while the problem of reverberation was more acute than usual, which he could not do with the Onmyoji score.

No, the recording doesn't come from any DVD or live recording of Krystian Zimerman's. His contracts with Deutsche Gramophon must be quite stringent, I believe, and forbid any such use anyway. I am rather certain he conceived and recorded it specially so that Yuzuru Hanyu could skate on it, from what we can deduce he is an early fanyu — or at least, from his first Olympics.

By the way, there are several similarities between them. Particularly, both are G.O.A.T.