Music talk

Just now, Yatagarasu said:

Did he get eaten? :68468287:

Nooo :68468287: he was in the middle of the rink looking mad about to start his program. A lot of aggressive skating. Maybe about to fight the titans that are the judges :biggrin:

That’s what I get for watching AOT before going to bed :smiley-scared005: and being really impatient about his programs :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

2 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Nooo :68468287: he was in the middle of the rink looking mad about to start his program. A lot of aggressive skating. Maybe about to fight the titans that are the judges :biggrin:

That’s what I get for watching AOT before going to bed :smiley-scared005: and being really impatient about his programs :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

:68468287: AOT is not the best lullaby! And as long as we don't start biting due to impatience!

Seriously though, that'd be a neat thing to skate to, would be neat, especially with a glorious costume to boot.

10 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Yeah I can... kinda see that actually. Yuzu's death glare, his hair styled like Levi's... 

On another note, I was listening to this piece of soundtrack from Garden of Words (Kotonoha no niwa):

and as I was listening to it I looked at this fanart by SnoWwhite0331:

DkE78MGU8AAo6RQ.jpg

and basically now I really want him to skate to this soundtrack.

On 8/12/2018 at 8:34 PM, ballaed said:

i'd love for him to do ABBA some day, The Winner Takes it All is just screaming for someone to do a layback IB to "THE WINNER TAKES IT AAALLLL" then hydroblade into, "the loser standing smaaaall" i mean COME ON

but it would also be cool if he could make skating to Eastern songs mainstream, im sick of skaters who dont even speak english or dont really listen to western music being forced to skate to songs from like Simon & Garfunkel lol

Yass to this version though 

I heard this recently: "Mado Kara Mieru," a modern classical piece that begs for a free program by a Japanese skater. Yuzu would interpret it beautifully. It's by Hong Kong-American composer Christopher Tin, with Japanese vocalists, and it uses nature metaphors to describe the different stages in a human life - great for skating because the song keeps evolving and tells a story, and each stage has a different flavour/emotion to it.

The first time I heard this I always think it's perfect as skating music (more than Asian Dream Song/View of Silence and other Ghibli pieces from Joe Hisaishi).

It's just very touching and dramatic. 

But I read somewhere some Jpn skater (forget who, not top one) will skate to it next season so really hope to see it at least in Nats.

• 7 months later...

Resurrect this thread? 

Listening to Carmina Burana - wondering if the drama and slightly combative in a subtle way O Fortuna music might actually work well for him next season - especially if he does his own music cuts?  Also a bit appropriate?

Or go for the joyful Ecce Gratum and put in Y spin? I would  love that :heart:

Or reference current judging patterns and use Olim locus colueram.......

16 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

Resurrect this thread? 

Listening to Carmina Burana - wondering if the drama and slightly combative in a subtle way O Fortuna music might actually work well for him next season - especially if he does his own music cuts?  Also a bit appropriate?

Or go for the joyful Ecce Gratum and put in Y spin? I would  love that :heart:

Or reference current judging patterns and use Olim locus colueram.......

Yeah there so much more to the carmina burana than the snippets most used...^^

Or he could use other versions of parts of the carmina burana than orffs. Though I doubt he or anyone will (e.g. Saltatio Mortis: Ecce Gratum, In Taberna, tempus est iocundum (Totus Floreo); In Extremo: Omnia sol Temperat; Corvus Corax: Cantus Buranus )

I actually love Carmina Burana.  This is the one Orser suggestion that I wished he took. 

However, for next year I'm hoping he does something edgier with a lot of tension but still has the big crescendos that he can use to highlight his natural glide. I loved the regal, confident dark Yuzu that you see in Origin. I don't listen to a ton of different music but I'm thinking something like Disturbed version of "Sound of Silence".  Very raw and powerful but I can picture Ina Bauers and spirals skated to a lot of the long held notes.  It's also a slow enough tempo that he could conserve energy while still building intensity.

I imagine it being structured like Otonal - starting slowly with jumps in the beginning and exploding at the end.

• 4 weeks later...