Music talk

On 2018/7/14 at 午前5時27分, Sombreuilさんが言いました:

I’ve been busy but picked up a few suggestions made in various media -  🙏🏻 Mr Hanyu, I beg of you, no Michael Jackson.......

I dunno about them being used in a program but I really like Will You Be There and Man in the Mirror. These two are on my list of all-time fave tunes. And as far as MJ-themed progs go, albeit only just for show progs, Balde really made it work. Higuchi's showing of it was pretty awesome too.

I think something from the Over the Garden Wall soundtrack would be really good. Like the opening, Into the Unknown. It's not gonna happen, I know, but it's a thought worth relishing nevertheless. (:

On 7/16/2018 at 4:33 PM, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I dunno about them being used in a program but I really like Will You Be There and Man in the Mirror. These two are on my list of all-time fave tunes. And as far as MJ-themed progs go, albeit only just for show progs, Balde really made it work. Higuchi's showing of it was pretty awesome too.

I think something from the Over the Garden Wall soundtrack would be really good. Like the opening, Into the Unknown. It's not gonna happen, I know, but it's a thought worth relishing nevertheless. (:

I've been thinking lately MJ and Queens. There are so many Queens hits I see fitting for Yuzuru... and he would interpret so well! Maybe some of them are too warhorses though? (For example, Machida having skated to a medley of them...) 

On 7/17/2018 at 6:43 AM, Glory said:

This would be pretty

This is so beautiful <3 I actually don't see this fit for Yuzu so much, maybe with another skater... (uh, I wonder if Nathan will ever be given this type of delicate music to skate to... it would really help him to work on his IN!)

I just put this up on youtube while talking about slow jazzy programs on GS, because I didn't think anyone outside Australia could find it otherwise (and Tedeschi's Gershwin is to die for). I'm not sure anyone could do a program to it, but if anyone could, it'd be Yuzu... and stunning.

7 hours ago, TallyT said:

I just put this up on youtube while talking about slow jazzy programs on GS, because I didn't think anyone outside Australia could find it otherwise (and Tedeschi's Gershwin is to die for). I'm not sure anyone could do a program to it, but if anyone could, it'd be Yuzu... and stunning.

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. 

I can already imagine Yuzuru doing unthinkable difficult entries and exits and perfect elements, amidst the most peaceful and relaxing performance ever. The amazing thing about his skating is how easily and effortlessly he does things, right? he would be one of the few to be able to pull this off. 

9 hours ago, kaeryth said:

I was thinking of a shamisen program.. mainly because I saw this shamisen version of Bolero...

Hide contents

... and realised that the middle 3 musicians are the same ones at the TOI 2014 Change performance!

Hide contents

Oh god, I adore that TOI Change program so much.... just the sheer exuberant joy of it.

LOL I challenge any skater to skate to anything Hiromi... she is a pianist genius, discovered her recently thanks to a violinist friend of mine. With musicians like this, I really fear of calling myself the same. She is unreachable. 

You guys, I'm so sorry.

Spoiler

MOAR THINGS:

Ever since he said he liked dark music at FaOI, I can't get the idea of Burn by The Cure out of my mind. I think it was @Sombreuil who mentioned it initially? (Sorry if I'm mistaken.) The costume alone would kill us all it's pretty much just trashbag UA and if he's already growing his hair out, why not? :D 

Spoiler

the_crow_1994_6-h_2016.jpg

As an experiment I played the music arrangement of PotO for Alina and Yuzuru to the ALW fans in my family - just the music, not the skating videos.  They were horrified at the sacrilege of cutting it into bits at all 🙄, but once the concept was explained they were OK with Yuzuru’s arrangement but still horrified by Alinas.  I listen when I have to but these two love Phantom and know it by heart- they think Alinas arrangement is just chopped up bits with no thought to the flow- I wouldn’t say they were happy with Ys version but they can see that it was put together with thought and care towards the music.