Music talk

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

The crescendo at 0:40... preparing for jump... and then at 0:50... NESSIE!

And I would love for Yuzuru to unleash his demonic side with the mountain king... we know he's capable. 

That or Night on Bald Mountain by Mussorgsky. =D

5 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I may have been making a montage of Chopin's StSeq at Olys and In the Hall of the Mountain King... and it MAY have ended up epic... and I MAY be posting it on youtube right now... 

We are all eyes....

Okay....I thought that you know, we've already got Yuzu+PIano, we're still missing Yuzu+strings (violin or cello). But then, maybe he wants to branch out into lesser known and used instruments. So recently, I've started checking out other concertos-has anyone ever considered Yuzu+flute (or other wind instruments)? Which could be amazing for his footwork.

Schubert, Schumann, there are flute versions of even Ravel, Satie, and Debussy, and even Chopin!

On 4/12/2018 at 9:21 PM, Xen said:

Okay....I thought that you know, we've already got Yuzu+PIano, we're still missing Yuzu+strings (violin or cello). But then, maybe he wants to branch out into lesser known and used instruments. So recently, I've started checking out other concertos-has anyone ever considered Yuzu+flute (or other wind instruments)? Which could be amazing for his footwork.

Schubert, Schumann, there are flute versions of even Ravel, Satie, and Debussy, and even Chopin!

I was thinking about flute because it hadn't been ventured yet but didn't know where to start! Excited for suggestions :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

After learning that he was interested in string music because of his name I thought of Zoe Keating and started listening to her with him in mind... I can really see this working:

It's not violin like he mentioned, but the album it's from is called Into the Trees :dancingpooh::war:

On 4/15/2018 at 4:50 AM, LadySnowblood said:

I was thinking about flute because it hadn't been ventured yet but didn't know where to start! Excited for suggestions :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

After learning that he was interested in string music because of his name I thought of Zoe Keating and started listening to her with him in mind... I can really see this working:

It's not violin like he mentioned, but the album it's from is called Into the Trees :dancingpooh::war:

Oh wow, thanks! I have never heard of this artist, which is a shame because her music is really good. The song you picked, I think there is a way to fit something in from 0-2:30 for a short. The repetition makes me think that you'd have to cut and splice more for a long.

This one is interesting, in that the high/low is a tempo change, more than just a volume change. So it would be challenging for most skaters, since the demand on SS will be high.

For LP I think Optimist with Hello Night (mixed a bit with the heavy part at the start, and switch to Optimist for the later section) if we stick to her:

2 hours ago, Xen said:

Oh wow, thanks! I have never heard of this artist, which is a shame because her music is really good. The song you picked, I think there is a way to fit something in from 0-2:30 for a short. The repetition makes me think that you'd have to cut and splice more for a long.

This one is interesting, in that the high/low is a tempo change, more than just a volume change. So it would be challenging for most skaters, since the demand on SS will be high.

For LP I think Optimist with Hello Night (mixed a bit with the heavy part at the start, and switch to Optimist for the later section) if we stick to her:

Thanks, I'm glad! I hesitated because of the repetitiveness, had that problem when listening through her songs for this. It seemed the most immediately "accessible" so I was thinking of that too, but maybe just feels that way to me because it was my own introduction to her.

I have no sense for editing, but I just listened to the other 2 again, it's a neat idea to put them together. I was just thinking of them all separately! I was listening to "Frozen Angels" a lot but it's on the dark side... 

6 hours ago, Moria Polonius said:

How would the Beauty and the Beast be going out of his comfort zone? It's as traditional as it gets, lol. Not that much different from PotO.

I wouldn't mind if he did something new / out of his comfort zone though. Cough*heavy metal*cough

Evermore by Josh Groban would b great for Yuzu!!@@

I think Josh Groabans voice matches Yuzu very well..