Music talk

As much as I love seeing Yuzu dance to classical pieces (Chopin is a MASTERPIECE) I love it when he gets playful and sassy in his programs, like in PW and LGC. I think I'd love seeing him perform to more playful pieces like those. I also love him skating to Japanese music, it really brought something unique and refreshing to his programs. As for suggestions for specific music pieces,....I'll get back to you on that one :facepalm::laughing:

Hmm I know I've suggested it before, somewhere, some of the pieces I'm putting here.

1) Music from The Constant Gardner, specifically "Kothbiro" is too pretty to pass up. : https://youtu.be/L48PCisRZ7s

2) Ambus from 10 sides. It's Chinese, but Japanese and Chinese instruments are fairly similar, it has enough content here that 4 minutes edit is doable:
https://youtu.be/Mk1fcoD5p5A

3) @theblingmonster I've mentioned music from "The LIttle Prince" movie, it's very light-hearted, and almost completely unlike what he's been skating to. But on a darker note, Danny Elfman's music from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory-whimsical, heavy, dark. And well, Yuzu has done commercials for chocolate before....:devilYuzu:Alice in wonderland music from Elfman could work too, but since it's Alice, I wonder if more likely a female skater would pick it.

@Sombreuil: I like V/M enough that after their Tango De Roxanne this Olys, I don't want to see it again. Let this warhorse die a nice, peaceful, good death whereby it at least achieved an OGM. Yeah....*waits for every dance team to ignore that*

But tangos...there's Assassin's Tango, Tango de Santa Maria, Tango de Los Exilados, then all of Astore Piazzolla, let's see how badly this could get butchered. Which tango do you think could replace Roxanne as the new Warhorse tango?

If Yuzu does tango, I would love for it to be to this music - Tanguera from Luis Bravo's Forever Tango. It's different from the warhorses. It starts very rhythmic and fun like a sleek spy movie a la Thomas Crowne Affair and then transitions into a classic tango that manages to stay interesting because of the melodic/tempo variations.

Here is my favorite Argentinian Tango couple dancing to it.

If you want to see more of their insane footwork in better lighting and can stand to hear La Cumparsita one more time, here they are again.

I'm sure if he does I will come to love it but I hope he doesn't - I hope no one does - if tango is the SD next season I think everyone will be totally fed up with it by Christmas, especially those who are also watching the juniors....  this season by the Olympics I couldn't bear to watch the SD,  and any Latin American music in pairs and singles put me right off.

• 2 weeks later...

anime music:

i find the Kuroshitsuji ost pretty good. All three seasons actually, especially 3rd one which is circus-themed (and the ost has some beautiful original classical pieces).

https://youtu.be/SGXp-cSsBaA

As for OP/EDs, i really like both of the season 2 endings

maybe more appropriate for an EX number tho :P

(I've heard that Zhenya is - unsurprisingly - a fan :biggrin:)

Handel - music for the royal fireworks-  maybe as an ex because it doesn't have the kind of climaxes you prob need for competition.  I really want Zadok the Priest but that is all climax - maybe as an ensemble piece one day....

Okay, got myself my project for the next few days- come up with compilations of music/music cuts for Yuzu, assuming one day he decides to lurk in this thread and peruse the music choices we have. 

First up I need to get taiko drum music, and maybe some nice koto. 

Classical...hmm, he does chopin well, maybe some Brahms or maybe some of the Russian Romatics. I wonder if Tchai's Piano concertos would work, or even some of the lesser known Rach?