Music talk

Speaking of makeup/eyeliner, have you guys seen Machida Tatsuki's eyeliner for recent shows lately? His 'liner game is tiiight :geek: Imagine if Yuzu were to wear the same thing.. *swoons and sighs*

Yuzu doesn't need an eyeliner (no, please!) He has killer look already :hachimaki:

Well, I'd reckon he'll still rock it (and look very pretty while doing so)

I just was hit with a thought what are the probabilities of Yuzu taking Danse Macabre for one of the programs. It wasn't used too heavily by skater lately, I think? It's classical and strong... and, well, Yuzu could have his killing stare :hachimaki:

But it's been used by both Brian Orser and Yuna Kim... I think the comparisons would too huge :/

Guest turquoiseblue
sublimeskating said:
ralucutzagy said:
OmNom said:
Speaking of makeup/eyeliner, have you guys seen Machida Tatsuki's eyeliner for recent shows lately? His 'liner game is tiiight :geek: Imagine if Yuzu were to wear the same thing.. *swoons and sighs*

And that gloss/lipstick he wears sometimes when he appears in shows on Japanese television... :love::pbow:

anyone got pics of tatsuki's eyeliner? i want to see this... :smile:

Here you are :cool:

I just was hit with a thought what are the probabilities of Yuzu taking Danse Macabre for one of the programs. It wasn't used too heavily by skater lately, I think? It's classical and strong... and, well, Yuzu could have his killing stare :hachimaki:

But it's been used by both Brian Orser and Yuna Kim... I think the comparisons would too huge :/

Those aren't that recent, to me it feels like it's been ages. I do love Danse Macabre so much, and I think it will be a big hit - the concept is interesting, the music is amazing, it suits !fierce Yuzu, and it has great mass appeal.

just_peachy said:
Sombreuil said:
Agree there - he can make a new warhorse- just can't think what it might be

Something 'safe', classical yet popular...emotional... like Mahler's symphony 5; 4th movement? He'd do it justice :,)

Hey just_peachy, somebody sent me these links. Look what somebody made, Notte Stellata set to Mahler's 5th.

Part 1

Part 2

I do love Danse Macabre so much, and I think it will be a big hit - the concept is interesting, the music is amazing, it suits !fierce Yuzu, and it has great mass appeal.

Yes, I agree, Danse Macabre would suit Yuzu so much. It's a warhorse but not as overused as many other pieces. It's dramatic and mystic and the same time the music is gorgeous too. A plus it to me that both Yuna's and Jun Hwan's programs were excellent imo (His DM program got me into Jun Hwan last season).

Here you are :cool:

[tweet]858189317520240640[/tweet]

This is just me and Machida looks nice with eyeliner but I really hope yuzu never wears eyeliner or dye his hair, he's beautiful with no makeup :)

hmm oops knew i forgot something. I wish Schubert was used a bit more.

Schubert - 4 Impromptus (3rd movement)

Ravel - Gaspard de La Nuit: Ondine

Ravel - Miroirs III - Une Barque Sur L'Ocean

(Orchestral version)

(Piano version - I think this one is better tbh)

Someone mentioned Hans Zimmer few pages back and I was like yes that was the one I wanted to mention last time (I can't believe I forgot his name) :ohno: it would be an interesting choice..

I see quite a lot of you like Dance Macabre too.. the orchestra I was collaborating with last time played it (and Carmen :smile: ) for their concert and they had this very cool concept with the tuxedo for the concert master and all of them wear this kind of creepy mask it was so good!

I think if you wanna go classic Liszt or Tchaikovsky could be an option too.. even Schubert? idk guys like I said, it's embarassing I play music but I'm not really knowledgeable on potential pieces you guys are much better than me. I'd love to branch my knowledge to more amazing pieces out there.

Oh and guys.. if he skates to any movie soundtrack, what would you like it to be?