Let's show our gratitude to TCC (and not only?)

KatjaThera

I think we should really do this ^_^ because the way that TCC treated and protected Yuzu this season was really above and beyond, and the results showed. Brian, Tracey, Ghislain, and the rest of TCC staff really put their heart and soul into their skaters' health, happiness, and success, not just for medals.

I think we should do something simple:

- Ice wine?

- Spa gift cards for spas in Toronto? We can use Yelp, or if anyone lives in Toronto can make some recommendations ^_^

- A thank you banner, not a huge one, but something simple that can be hung up in an office? Maybe with messages from lots of Yuzu fans?

42 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

I think we should really do this ^_^ because the way that TCC treated and protected Yuzu this season was really above and beyond, and the results showed. Brian, Tracey, Ghislain, and the rest of TCC staff really put their heart and soul into their skaters' health, happiness, and success, not just for medals.

I think we should do something simple:

- Ice wine?

- Spa gift cards for spas in Toronto? We can use Yelp, or if anyone lives in Toronto can make some recommendations ^_^

- A thank you banner, not a huge one, but something simple that can be hung up in an office? Maybe with messages from lots of Yuzu fans?

Whatever we are gonna do I am in.  However I think TCC has its own spa service and it might be personal preference dependent compared to ice wine. The only person that I know of, from that team, who doesn’t drink wine is Yuzu, but he is out of subject here :rofl:

1 hour ago, icecreamy said:

Whatever we are gonna do I am in.  However I think TCC has its own spa service and it might be personal preference dependent compared to ice wine. The only person that I know of, from that team, who doesn’t drink wine is Yuzu, but he is out of subject here :rofl:

Oh, why am I not surprised that TCC has a spa? :smiley-laughing021: Canadian ice wine is delicious, although Brian lives in Toronto so I'm sure he has tasted his share, but there's no harm in more wine, right? As for the spa giftcard, the reason I thought of that was when I tried to think of things that Team TCC needs, the first thing that popped into my head was something relaxing :laughing:. But instead of a spa, hm who knows, a voucher for a hotel getaway? Something they can use on vacation? XD

4 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Oh, why am I not surprised that TCC has a spa? :smiley-laughing021: Canadian ice wine is delicious, although Brian lives in Toronto so I'm sure he has tasted his share, but there's no harm in more wine, right? As for the spa giftcard, the reason I thought of that was when I tried to think of things that Team TCC needs, the first thing that popped into my head was something relaxing :laughing:. But instead of a spa, hm who knows, a voucher for a hotel getaway? Something they can use on vacation? XD

I love the wine idea.However I don't like travel voucher neither because we have no idea how many people are working behind the team. How are we going to divide the voucher? I'd rather prefer stuff that can be enjoyed by virtually anyone. Maybe those movie vouchers with no expiration dates ( I have no idea if Canada has those or not, but I gift those to teachers all the time, they seem to love it)? I can't imagine Brian with a stack of movie vouchers and hand them out for free though ....

Anyways whatever we decide it needs to be implemented rather soon, since we also have to gather signatures and messages maybe(?). And this has to arrive TCC before season starts I guess. 

Banner is certainly a must, and if we want to keep it simple, we can get a big message in the middle, and surrounded by our signatures maybe? This way scanning and translation is all simplified. I'd also suggest we print out website URL there .... a URL that leads to a loving family ~~~

8 minutes ago, icecreamy said:

I love the wine idea.However I don't like travel voucher neither because we have no idea how many people are working behind the team. How are we going to divide the voucher? I'd rather prefer stuff that can be enjoyed by virtually anyone. Maybe those movie vouchers with no expiration dates ( I have no idea if Canada has those or not, but I gift those to teachers all the time, they seem to love it)? I can't imagine Brian with a stack of movie vouchers and hand them out for free though ....

Anyways whatever we decide it needs to be implemented rather soon, since we also have to gather signatures and messages maybe(?). And this has to arrive TCC before season starts I guess. 

Banner is certainly a must, and if we want to keep it simple, we can get a big message in the middle, and surrounded by our signatures maybe? This way scanning and translation is all simplified. I'd also suggest we print out website URL there .... a URL that leads to a loving family ~~~

Haha agree with all points, although I'm not sure if movie voucher works either, but...something that can be passed around would certainly be nice! Coffee giftcards? Tim Hortons? XD What do people use that comes in small, shareable increments, not weird, and would brighten someone's lives?

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

Haha agree with all points, although I'm not sure if movie voucher works either, but...something that can be passed around would certainly be nice! Coffee giftcards? Tim Hortons? XD What do people use that comes in small, shareable increments, not weird, and would brighten someone's lives?

It's Starbucks gift card for me :P and this is not a commercial.  I actually also love to pair wine with cheese, however we have no control on how long we have to wait for them to open the gift so that doesn't work neither.... now imagine Brian slicing cheese, that's even more absurd. Back to movie voucher, if we get enough, the whole team and their family get to watch the Pooh movie :rofl:

I want to help with this project, Sounds like a great idea! :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

hace 13 minutos , icecreamy said:

It's Starbucks gift card for me :P and this is not a commercial.  I actually also love to pair wine with cheese, however we have no control on how long we have to wait for them to open the gift so that doesn't work neither.... now imagine Brian slicing cheese, that's even more absurd. Back to movie voucher, if we get enough, the whole team and their family get to watch the Pooh movie :rofl:

Lol, i also thought of Starbucks Gift cards, we could send enough for all the Team to enjoy... i think the wine could also be a good idea, and to get our feelings across making a "Book" of Messages as some already suggested Sounds pretty good, each one could send a small paragraph saying Thank you And appreciating all the effort, we could mention things they do that we like, etc. And add Name and country, and a Photo or artwork, if they want.

3 minutes ago, Mineeal said:

I want to help with this project, Sounds like a great idea! :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

Lol, i also thought of Starbucks Gift cards, we could send enough for all the Team to enjoy... i think the wine could also be a good idea, and to get our feelings across making a "Book" of Messages as some already suggested Sounds pretty good, each one could send a small paragraph saying Thank you And appreciating all the effort, we could mention things they do that we like, etc. And add Name and country, and a Photo or artwork, if they want.

We need a banner that can be hanged, I want our URL to be seen... hahaha :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

39 minutes ago, icecreamy said:

We need a banner that can be hanged, I want our URL to be seen... hahaha :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Yeah we can make a banner! Not sure if we'll get enough messages for an entire book, but certainly we can try (with the caveat that we need enough messages to fill a book...lol...would be sad if it was a very blank book :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:) A small amount of fanart would be awesome, too, but it shouldn't be just yuzu fanart.

As for the starbucks giftcards, are there starbucks in toronto? I thought tim hortons was like, the starbucks of Canada haha? We could get 10-20 $10 giftcards, just to make the point that the gift is for the whole team, bc god knows how many people are involved in creating champions. my friend in toronto also suggested the Toronto Zoo and Ontario Science Centre, which he said was fun not just for kids for for adults too, but for people who live in Toronto they may have already been (but maybe someone hasn't?)

And I think we could definitely do miscellaneous food items, like cheese! Although it'd have to be factory wrapped because (1) it needs to be mailed, and (2) who wants to eat it otherwise?? Haha

4 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Yeah we can make a banner! Not sure if we'll get enough messages for an entire book, but certainly we can try (with the caveat that we need enough messages to fill a book...lol...would be sad if it was a very blank book :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:) A small amount of fanart would be awesome, too.

As for the starbucks giftcards, are there starbucks in toronto? I thought tim hortons was like, the starbucks of Canada haha? We could get 10-20 $10 giftcards, just to make the point that the gift is for the whole team, bc god knows how many people are involved in creating champions. my friend in toronto also suggested the Toronto Zoo and Ontario Science Centre, which he said was fun not just for kids for for adults too, but for people who live in Toronto they may have already been (but maybe someone hasn't?)

And I think we could definitely do miscellaneous food items, like cheese! Although it'd have to be factory wrapped because (1) it needs to be mailed, and (2) who wants to eat it otherwise?? Haha

Agree with all ideas. We should consult all Canadian fans and friends/colleagues on popular shops there; zoo and science center sound fun! And I am sure Yuzu hasn’t been there neither - just imagine someone living there for years and doesn’t visit Niagra Falls!  

We can mail whole package from someone in Canada. Or to save money - hand deliver? I myself will be visiting Toronto offfice in summer, but I hope we don’t wait till that late though!

So I'm from Toronto (I moved away 3 years ago), so I'm happy to answer any questions about the city for this project!

Anyways, it's not clear to me who the gift certificates, etc are for? Is it to give the staff in TCC an opportunity to hang out outside skating, or? I don't recommend the Science Center, the exhibits are quite outdated. The Toronto Zoo was fun when the pandas were there (they left earlier this year, I think). Also, yes, there are MANY Starbucks in Toronto. 

I think it would be really neat if the gift is a box full of chocolates/candies/sweets that's from the home countries of the forum members (kind of like the boxes of mixed chocolates that are on sale at most airport duty free shops)! This will take some coordination - but it seems like there's a handful of satellites going to upcoming events, so these can serve as opportunities to consolidate these items! 

3 hours ago, bearsies said:

So I'm from Toronto (I moved away 3 years ago), so I'm happy to answer any questions about the city for this project!

Anyways, it's not clear to me who the gift certificates, etc are for? Is it to give the staff in TCC an opportunity to hang out outside skating, or? I don't recommend the Science Center, the exhibits are quite outdated. The Toronto Zoo was fun when the pandas were there (they left earlier this year, I think). Also, yes, there are MANY Starbucks in Toronto. 

I think it would be really neat if the gift is a box full of chocolates/candies/sweets that's from the home countries of the forum members (kind of like the boxes of mixed chocolates that are on sale at most airport duty free shops)! This will take some coordination - but it seems like there's a handful of satellites going to upcoming events, so these can serve as opportunities to consolidate these items! 

This is an excellent idea! I'm sure @SparkleSalad and the other Aussies among us would be happy to pitch in some Tim Tams and maybe even some Vegemite :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: