Let's show our gratitude to TCC (and not only?)

KatjaThera

OK, I've never actually started a fan project before, but since the topic has popped up on the General Chat thread, I've been really thinking about it.

Brian and the whole TCC team have been very supportive of Yuzu, from the beginning, but especially in the last few months. And with all the hope Brian is giving us nowadays, there is an overflowing of love towards him. And with that awesome Team Cricket trailer, it grew even more so.

So the idea is to try to do something to show them how much we appreciate them, their support for Yuzu and all their skaters and so on.

Gifts are tricky, because I honestly have no idea what we could get them, and there's the financial issue, too. So I'm thinking more along the lines of gathering messages from fans. We can do that at Worlds in Milan and we could even take messages here and print them (or if you want to handwrite and take pictures, that could maybe work, too).

I'm currently thinking a black hard cover, kind of like this:  _188799_1_1437388678.jpgSource

And we could write something like "Thank you, Toronto Cricket and Curling Club" in gold somehow (either spraying with a stencil or I could try some gold glitter and glue...). And inside, colored paper, just for some color and to better emphasize the different nationalities and such. I'd prefer A5 to A4, as it's easier to handle, but I'm not sure I can find those in A5 size. I'll look, though.

Of course, if anyone else has other ideas - and @Xen also mentioned Nobu and Matsuoka as well, which I'm not sure how we could go about, as I'm not sure we'd find as many people to write messages? Maybe more of a 'letter from PH' for them? - please share them here and let's see if we can do something nice :)

(Also, since I have no experience with fan projects, if someone else steps up with better ideas and organizing skills, I will not mind lol)

Ah, we could say thank you in our native languages - it would be like thank you from many parts of the globe. That would mean writing it, taking a photo and uploading it, and then printing it out to bind it. And a foreword explaining just what the messages inside mean lol. Even if there are multiple ones of the same language (as there would be), different handwritings would make it look different. But this would probably a lot of work for whoever puts it all together in the end...

12 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Ah, we could say thank you in our native languages - it would be like thank you from many parts of the globe. That would mean writing it, taking a photo and uploading it, and then printing it out to bind it. And a foreword explaining just what the messages inside mean lol. Even if there are multiple ones of the same language (as there would be), different handwritings would make it look different. But this would probably a lot of work for whoever puts it all together in the end...

Hmm just thank you's wouldn't be that hard, I think, but it probably wouldn't turn out that big? That would probably work better on a banner or so... Making a collage of all of these handwritten thank yous and printing it on something like that... That'd be pretty cool, too, actually... (actually, even if we went with the messages in a binder idea, we could include that, somehow... as the cover would be awesome, but maybe first and last page would work, too...)

I was thinking more along the lines of messages like "Thank you, everyone at TCC for all your support for Yuzu, Javi, Gabby etc." Though I guess there's not a whole lot of different messages like that, either lol Maybe if they included a brief intro... like I'm X from Y country and a big fan of A, B, C skaters. I'd like to thank you/everyone/specific coach/choreographer etc. for etc. etc.? Though of course, that'd be just a suggestions for people struggling with ideas of what to write.

Great idea about the present!

I think we can do a fan book and print there photos of messages + arts + maybe our photos.

Printing a photobook isn't that expensive so I can even do it if needed.

Or maybe just print a long letter with messages for TCC Team and put it into nice envelope.

Also there's such thing you can make for a present like a fake medal - you can write whatever you want, so we can make a gold medal for the best coach team? It will be fun? (or too silly idk :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:)

4 minutes ago, Lunna said:

Great idea about the present!

I think we can do a fan book and print there photos of messages + arts + maybe our photos.

Printing a photobook isn't that expensive so I can even do it if needed.

Or maybe just print a long letter with messages for TCC Team and put it into nice envelope.

Also there's such thing you can make for a present like a fake medal - you can write whatever you want, so we can make a gold medal for the best coach team? It will be fun? (or too silly idk :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:)

I've never printed a photobook to be honest, so I have no idea lol

A fanbook requires more effort into putting things in a nice format. Although it would also turn out looking much nicer.

The messages thing would be more impromptu and we could have people at the venue, who are maybe not active here - and maybe even fans of other TCC skaters who aren't Yuzu fans? - join in.

Pros and cons...

Actually, now I'm kind of liking the banner idea lol People could sign and write messages, too. I've never printed a banner either, though... but that shouldn't be that hard, I think... though someone with more experience could do it. And we could see who is best at making collages to make the image to print...

I was also kind of hoping we could give it - whatever it will be - to someone from TCC in person, though as it's Worlds, it might be harder to run into them. But if not, I guess we could then mail it.

I love medal idea, though! Those we have here I think aren't very good quality, though... but I haven't really looked very closely, either. Hmm... maybe I'll look over the weekend and see the options.

2 минуты назад, KatjaThera сказал:

A fanbook requires more effort into putting things in a nice format. Although it would also turn out looking much nicer.

Yes, so here we will need our own team)) Cuz even though it's not hard to print a photobook - the hardest part is to gather the messages and to organize it all together into pages.

5 минут назад, KatjaThera сказал:

The messages thing would be more impromptu and we could have people at the venue, who are maybe not active here - and maybe even fans of other TCC skaters who aren't Yuzu fans? - join in.

Also had same thought. So maybe some blank pages in the book for handwritten messages or a banner... idk... we need a brainstorm :laughing:

9 минут назад, KatjaThera сказал:

I was also kind of hoping we could give it - whatever it will be - to someone from TCC in person, though as it's Worlds, it might be harder to run into them. But if not, I guess we could then mail it.

It's not that hard if you know where to look )) but in the worst case we can mail it after WC

11 минут назад, KatjaThera сказал:

I love medal idea, though! Those we have here I think aren't very good quality, though... but I haven't really looked very closely, either. Hmm... maybe I'll look over the weekend and see the options

Yeah, never did one myself, but saw a couple of times in souvenirs shops - could be nice :smile:

2 minutes ago, Lunna said:

Yes, so here we will need our own team)) Cuz even though it's not hard to print a photobook - the hardest part is to gather the messages and to organize it all together into pages.

Also had same thought. So maybe some blank pages in the book for handwritten messages or a banner... idk... we need a brainstorm :laughing:

It's not that hard if you know where to look )) but in the worst case we can mail it after WC

Yeah, never did one myself, but saw a couple of times in souvenirs shops - could be nice :smile:

The problem with the blank pages is it would be awkward to have too many - and be left with empty pages - or to have too few - and run out of space for people to write on, depending on how many messages we could gather. I honestly can't think of where to begin to estimate how many there might be in the end... I doubt it'll be as large scale as the other fan projects, but... who knows? (Japanese fans might participate, too, in Milan... we might need extra people with Japanese skills to maybe translate their messages - with permission of course - so they can actually be understood by the team lol.)

And I agree, delivering it is the last of our issues in planning this lol

I actually saw some trophies the other day, but they should have medals, too, I think... I'll check, too. They're usually plastic, so not the best quality, but oh well... We could actually try to get a blank one and write it ourselves lol (since writing usually costs extra)

I love the idea! The coaches doesn't get to feel as much love as the skaters, so I think it will be really nice to do this :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

and the medal thing is awesome, it'll be really cool if we can make one! :biggrin:

I'm not good with ideas but I'll be happy to help layout-ing or other thing I can help from a far :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

In my country we like to give these glass trophy plaques as a sign of appreciation to a person who is not family (especially if we needed to give something from a big group)

GI516.gif  AWMOCT.jpg   HC020-l.jpg

These come in all sizes and shapes and the price ranges from really cheap to very high, but I really like them because you can engrave a personalized message on them and they can be displayed proudly to the public.

On a side note, I think sending one message representing all fans of all TCC skaters is better than separate message that they probably have no time to read and it would be easier to share with all the club staff as well 

Hmm... how about this then... maybe we actually make a banner and even hang it at the arena if we can, that people can sign, if they want - to keep that, too - and maybe to that with a central Thank you, TCC! message and the background a collage of thank yous in many languages and handwritings. And put together a letter - to be edited and agreed upon here - from fans. I'm actually thinking a sort of hard cover with just two things inside, one the letter, the other a full page collage of fun/great TCC moments. And a trophy... And actually if we find a way for the letter, we could do that for Nobu and Matsuoka as well...

Or is it too much? lol I like all the ideas...

ETA: This is kind of what I had in mind: 5239-1501770234.jpg

That's a menu, obviously, but something like that, elegant looking on the outside, that you open and one side is letter, the other collage.

Source

3 часа назад, Neenah сказал:

In my country we like to give these glass trophy plaques as a sign of appreciation to a person who is not family (especially if we needed to give something from a big group)

GI516.gif  AWMOCT.jpg   HC020-l.jpg

These come in all sizes and shapes and the price ranges from really cheap to very high, but I really like them because you can engrave a personalized message on them and they can be displayed proudly to the public.

On a side note, I think sending one message representing all fans of all TCC skaters is better than separate message that they probably have no time to read and it would be easier to share with all the club staff as well 

These are nice!