Jump to content
yuzuangel

2018 Grand Prix Final (Vancouver) Tickets and Discussion

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, obscurite said:

although Vancouver is on the same side of the continent as I am, so it's not that bad?? right????

It's perfectly fine >:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Xen said:

Then we need to produce a doppelganger with top notch AI to take those exams for her. 

I have a twin :peekapooh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once everyone's calmed down from PC and Milan, anyone going for air BnB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Xen said:

Once everyone's calmed down from PC and Milan, anyone going for air BnB?

probably. i always airbnb :biggrin: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was looking at this: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/21295437?location=Doug Mitchell Thunderbird Sports Centre%2C Thunderbird Boulevard%2C Vancouver%2C BC&check_in=2018-12-04&check_out=2018-12-09&s=kLk5uZxR 

 

It's very cheap and can sleep 2 people. It's 15 min driving from the arena but it doesn't look like any of the places closer are within walking distance (or they're like $150/night?). And it's free cancellation up to 5 days in case he doesn't go...haha.

 

But IDK if I'm gonna be booking AirBnBs for an event in December just yet. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I tell you guys that I’m very excited and happy to see familiar satellites going to  GPF ? Xen , Hydro, Geo , Yuzuangel  , Brightondogwood ,...! It’s a pleasure to meet you at ACI and it’s so special to see you again ! I’m very excited to meet other satellites as well !

@Xen I still own you $ :biggrin: let’s settle then ! It’s going to be a fantastic reunion !

@yuzuangel thanks for the link of air b&b 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So uh... the ticket next to me might be available :13877886: mom is taking a friend (not bc she wants to watch yuzu but bc she's coming with us to vancouver lol) so she wants a ticket next to her friend, which means that the one next to me will be available...

If anyone here is willing to put up with my squishiness, i can sell it to you :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: cacti corner, row 8:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

So uh... the ticket next to me might be available :13877886: mom is taking a friend (not bc she wants to watch yuzu but bc she's coming with us to vancouver lol) so she wants a ticket next to her friend, which means that the one next to me will be available...

If anyone here is willing to put up with my squishiness, i can sell it to you :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: cacti corner, row 8:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

If you bring me with you I'm willing to go :pouty:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got 4 all-event tickets to the GPF in Vancouver. All four are together in the accessible area at the top of section 110 which is at one end of the arena directly across from the Kiss & Cry which is on the other end. The only areas that are wheelchair accessible are located at the top of sections 109 and 110 (between the first 10 rows and the bleachers).

 

The good part is that all four of us (me, my wife and two friends) will be able to sit together. They will provide companion seating (chairs) next to me.

 

Usually what happens in accessible seating is that for every wheelchair ticket purchased, they will sell only one companion ticket. Any other friends are seated in the regular seats, which may or may not be nearby.

 

At the ACI in September, we were assisted by and got to know a very nice young woman who we later found out is Skate Canada's Brand Manager.

 

When I received my pre-sale notice from Skate Canada, I sent an email to this young woman asking about accessible seating and she got in touch with her contact at Ticketmaster Vancouver and these four accessible seats were reserved for us. The Ticketmaster lady arranged for her customer service team to call me to process payment. She advised me that all four seats were placed together in the accessible area in order to keep us together. She said that there were no regular seats for my two able-bodied friends anywhere close to the accessible area remaining available. They were also considerate enough to copy the person in charge of the venue so that there would be no problems with our party having extra companion seating for non-disabled people in the accessible area.

 

Now that I have four tickets, I have to find two of my friends to assist us! None of them are figure skating fans, I'm afraid. I may have to get different sets of friends to accompany us on different days.

 

Looking forward to a reunion with the 2017 ACI satellites and meeting new ones!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

I've got 4 all-event tickets to the GPF in Vancouver. All four are together in the accessible area at the top of section 110 which is at one end of the arena directly across from the Kiss & Cry which is on the other end. The only areas that are wheelchair accessible are located at the top of sections 109 and 110 (between the first 10 rows and the bleachers).

 

The good part is that all four of us (me, my wife and two friends) will be able to sit together. They will provide companion seating (chairs) next to me.

 

Usually what happens in accessible seating is that for every wheelchair ticket purchased, they will sell only one companion ticket. Any other friends are seated in the regular seats, which may or may not be nearby.

 

At the ACI in September, we were assisted by and got to know a very nice young woman who we later found out is Skate Canada's Brand Manager.

 

When I received my pre-sale notice from Skate Canada, I sent an email to this young woman asking about accessible seating and she got in touch with her contact at Ticketmaster Vancouver and these four accessible seats were reserved for us. The Ticketmaster lady arranged for her customer service team to call me to process payment. She advised me that all four seats were placed together in the accessible area in order to keep us together. She said that there were no regular seats for my two able-bodied friends anywhere close to the accessible area remaining available. They were also considerate enough to copy the person in charge of the venue so that there would be no problems with our party having extra companion seating for non-disabled people in the accessible area.

 

Now that I have four tickets, I have to find two of my friends to assist us! None of them are figure skating fans, I'm afraid. I may have to get different sets of friends to accompany us on different days.

 

Looking forward to a reunion with the 2017 ACI satellites and meeting new ones!

That's great! It looks that most of us who were at ACI will be there :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: i'll make sure to drown you in swans this time:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is actually my first major skating event i can attend because i'm finally an adult for it

but i cant even buy them myself i have to give money to a friend to buy them for me since im still not 18

gpf is like a week before finals will be for my uni

and in a completely different country

i havent boutgh the tickets yet

4.4k km away yet still the most affordable event for me to go to 

the absolute hell this is going to be sigh

anyways should i wait a little longer still to buy tickets or should i just blow money on them now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, asahi said:

this is actually my first major skating event i can attend because i'm finally an adult for it

but i cant even buy them myself i have to give money to a friend to buy them for me since im still not 18

gpf is like a week before finals will be for my uni

and in a completely different country

i havent boutgh the tickets yet

4.4k km away yet still the most affordable event for me to go to 

the absolute hell this is going to be sigh

anyways should i wait a little longer still to buy tickets or should i just blow money on them now

Are you going to see Hanyu...? Because you might want o wait to see if he skates the GP first?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×