Yuzuru's chances at the Olympics: second OGM

KatjaThera

9 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

If Nathan goes clean with his maxed out quad layout/MIA choreography and beats clean Yuzuru ......... RIP figure skating :5918bda8ee9b0_0001(1):

It’s quite possible with politics. That why Yuzu needs the 4Lz imo. The more Yuzu’s tech content matches Nathan, the less the judging panel can fudge the score in Nathan’s favor. 

It's possible but the ISU knows it'll be a scandal. Do they want another scandal after Sochi? Depends on if they have hearts and minds...

#sorrynotsorry

BTW I was looking at the season's best lists and Boyang's winning 4CC score (300.95) is 2nd on the list after Shoma's Lombardia Trophy score. This means only 2 skaters have surpassed 300 this entire season. I was a bit shocked but thinking back on the season I'm not surprised. And skaters will probably skate better and get higher scores just because it's the Olympics. Still, very sad because if Yuzu was healthy and well-prepared, beating 300+ is a cakewalk. But hey, he's skated in many different conditions before ranging from everything being broken to perfectly healthy and still manages to do amazing. So :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed: good luck, Yuzu.

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

It's possible but the ISU knows it'll be a scandal. Do they want another scandal after Sochi? Depends on if they have hearts and minds...

#sorrynotsorry

BTW I was looking at the season's best lists and Boyang's winning 4CC score (300.95) is 2nd on the list after Shoma's Lombardia Trophy score. This means only 2 skaters have surpassed 300 this entire season. I was a bit shocked but thinking back on the season I'm not surprised. And skaters will probably skate better and get higher scores just because it's the Olympics. Still, very sad because if Yuzu was healthy and well-prepared, beating 300+ is a cakewalk. But hey, he's skated in many different conditions before ranging from everything being broken to perfectly healthy and still manages to do amazing. So :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed: good luck, Yuzu.

Just a reminder that out of the four (?) times Yuzu has broken the 300 barrier, only 2 have been healthy...and this not-so-much healthy is still the highest total. :peekapooh:

20 hours ago, Aotoshiro said:

Just a reminder that out of the four (?) times Yuzu has broken the 300 barrier, only 2 have been healthy...and this not-so-much healthy is still the highest total. :peekapooh:

I think it's three times... NHK'15, GPF'15 and Worlds'17? Or did I forget one? And I guess it depends how one defines healthy lol In the first two he already foot problems, and in the last he was coming off of an asthma attack. Of course we don't know how much - if at all - these things affected him, but I'm not sure I would say he was 100% in any of those...

ETA: I was just looking at Yuzu's wikipedia page and it made me laugh again at the inconsistent comments... Out of 38 senior competitions he participated in, he has only 6 non-podium finishes (a 7th place and 5 4th places), and out of 32 podium finishes, only one is a third place. 31 are 1st or 2nd. 16 1st places, 15 2nd places.

(That said, I know that some don't mean the result when they talk about inconsistency, but about landing jumps. But still.)

16 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I think it's three times... NHK'15, GPF'15 and Worlds'17? Or did I forget one? And I guess it depends how one defines healthy lol In the first two he already foot problems, and in the last he was coming off of an asthma attack. Of course we don't know how much - if at all - these things affected him, but I'm not sure I would say he was 100% in any of those...

He got over 300 at NHK16 and 4CC too, so that's 5 :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

36 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

301.something in NHK 2016^^ Japan is always kind of lucky for him :biggrin: 

I'm counting Helsinki as the healthy one, because if we were counting each and every health problem/injury, none of his records would have been healthy ones, abovementioned NHK'16 being only his third competition after the B***on :13877886:

Edit: I forgot 4CC...I guess silver curse made me kinda blind lol.