Ladies: triple axels and quads

On 8/25/2019 at 3:55 AM, yuzuangel said:

Unfortunately if it's more than 180 degrees PR AND 180 degrees UR, is it even a triple? 🤔

180 UR ? I need slo-mo on the landing to see it. I could see the PR, though. Anyway, Jackie said PR does not count in unofficial competitions. That does not change anything.

On 8/31/2019 at 11:40 PM, WinForPooh said:

This is the highest GOE 4Lz from a lady so far:

There are about 3.25 rotations in there at best, being generous. Very like Vincent's 4Lz.

Highest GOE? Wow. Trusova and Scherbakova's 4Lz is better than this, I think.

But Russian fed vs. US fed: who will come out on top? We might know the answer to this soon haha.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh dear. I am getting older and grumpier by the day in this early skating season...

After watching the lovely 3A by Akatieva....  yes, great for her, finally we see one of the young ones have good enough technique to get a 3A... It seems every week another little girl lands a quad, or 4...  I know i"m supposed to be impressed by all these pre pubescent girls getting quads and 3As.. but I find I am not as impressed as I should be. I"ll be more impressed when these young girls keep those jumps once they're fully grown.... and when they have skating skills to match those quads.

On 10/6/2019 at 12:13 AM, liv said:

Oh dear. I am getting older and grumpier by the day in this early skating season...

After watching the lovely 3A by Akatieva....  yes, great for her, finally we see one of the young ones have good enough technique to get a 3A... It seems every week another little girl lands a quad, or 4...  I know i"m supposed to be impressed by all these pre pubescent girls getting quads and 3As.. but I find I am not as impressed as I should be. I"ll be more impressed when these young girls keep those jumps once they're fully grown.... and when they have skating skills to match those quads.

People were saying Trusova wouldn't keep her quad for a year when she landed 1 underrotated one in Jgp Brisbane two years ago.

And here she is. I wonder when ladies will be actually recognized for their technical strength without it having to be downplayed because it might not last.

1 hour ago, mokjakarma said:

Is it *easier* to train a quad jump than a 3A? Many ladies are coming out with their quads but very few have 3A.

well, I can't imagine that the super PR 4Lzs are any harder than 3As, given that they're the same amount of rotations.

other than that, it might be personal preference. Nate is also worse at 3A than he is at many quads. also I think a lot of people find jumps that take off backward less scary than jumps that take off forward.

20 hours ago, shanshani said:

well, I can't imagine that the super PR 4Lzs are any harder than 3As, given that they're the same amount of rotations.

other than that, it might be personal preference. Nate is also worse at 3A than he is at many quads. also I think a lot of people find jumps that take off backward less scary than jumps that take off forward.

I think it was Nobu who once said how scary the 3A is compared to other jumps and when he asked Yuzu for advise Yuzu just said imagine 'crashing into a wall' :14066882: