Ice skating FAQ and introductions for new fans

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/23/2019 at 10:32 AM, meoima said:

A very great posts for new fans who want to study the basic turns and steps, this blog has all the examples for all the steps and the examples are very great http://illyria-and-her-pet.tumblr.com/post/182237416574/figure-skating-stepsturns

Hello! This is my post. And I now have a video version of this to go along with the post and gifs as well. 

Difficult Steps/Turns (those that count for levels) for Singles/Pairs: Rocker, Counter, Bracket, Choctaw, Twizzle, Loop

Difficult Steps/Turns (those that count for levels) for Ice Dance: Rocker, Counter, Bracket, Choctaw, Twizzle, Outside Mohawk

Non-Difficult Steps/Turns (those that don't count for levels): three turn, inside mohawk, toe steps, chasse, change of edge, cross roll, crossed step in front, crossed step behind, slip steps, swing roll, progressive, illusion, crossovers

I have examples of all the difficult steps/turns from every entry edge. I also have examples of two of the non-difficult steps/turns from every entry edge (three-turn and inside mohawk).

48 minutes ago, illyria said:

Hello! This is my post. And I now have a video version of this to go along with the post and gifs as well. 

Difficult Steps/Turns (those that count for levels) for Singles/Pairs: Rocker, Counter, Bracket, Choctaw, Twizzle, Loop

Difficult Steps/Turns (those that count for levels) for Ice Dance: Rocker, Counter, Bracket, Choctaw, Twizzle, Outside Mohawk

Non-Difficult Steps/Turns (those that don't count for levels): three turn, inside mohawk, toe steps, chasse, change of edge, cross roll, crossed step in front, crossed step behind, slip steps, swing roll, progressive, illusion, crossovers

I have examples of all the difficult steps/turns from every entry edge. I also have examples of two of the non-difficult steps/turns from every entry edge (three-turn and inside mohawk).

Thank you very much for this highly informative, useful and very well edited video with all the examples and slow-mos. I hope many people will watch this (and read your post) because it's a very good way to learn about steps and turns. 

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Apologies for double-posting. Here's alternative links for the official ISU DVD materials posted earlier, since a few of the links died:

Jump video guide

PCS video guide

Dance video guides, the 21/22 Midnight Blues pattern

& a short video on the Jr. Blues pattern by @wtficedance on Twitter, they also have other ID goodies on their account :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg:

https://twitter.com/wtficedance/status/1428484823744606214?s=2