Planet Streaming Parties

robin

thank you @4Nessie for hosting the streaming party! and for the extra too:7938863:

thank you satellites :grouphug: still a few weeks waiting.....ok hopefully all this soothing content will keep me from starting freaking out already.... for...maybe... a day or so:tumblr_inline_mh8pweVDqw1qid2nw:

• 1 month later...

A fancams streaming party :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Tho it would be hard to pick only one for some performances...

(Also one more reason to be :waffle: at Saitama WC, no fancams:/)

Also, I have seen a young Romeo practice that left me :knc_yuzu1: at how good he was already back then...

@hoodie axel is there a special reason why you propose those competitions?

10 hours ago, LadyLou said:

why not Sochi ladies?

Good competitive performances, not particularly fantastic skating performances.

10 hours ago, LadyLou said:

I enjoyed that more than Turin

Objectively, though, Turin had better programs and performances from all the top singles skaters in men's and ladies'. We had Cohen, Slutskaya, and Arakawa all delivering good programs (and Cohen had outstanding programs, in fact), plus Slutskaya's basic jump technique blows practically everyone away in the current field, as do Arakawa and Cohen's spirals, and also Cohen's spins and Arakawa's basic skating. For men, Plushy showed excellent jumping and great performance ability to win, Lambiel had great programs, Savoie had an excellent LP, Weir had a set of outstanding programs (so that leaves Buttle, who I think shouldn't have been on the podium, and Lysacek, whom I don't consider a top skater).

Actually, why not Turin men's and ladies'? Wasn't everyone excited about Yuzuru's "origin" being there, and how him not retiring would mean he might skate at Torino GPF? ;)

On 4/15/2019 at 4:10 AM, hoodie axel said:

Actually, why not Turin men's and ladies'? Wasn't everyone excited about Yuzuru's "origin" being there, and how him not retiring would mean he might skate at Torino GPF? ;)

I like this idea, since there were so many skaters who meant a lot in Yuzuru's skating journey:67638860: 

Though maybe it would be hard to watch the whole event...

Also, ngl, I'd also like to also watch Yuzuru skate...it could be a theme, pick one Yuzuru program to watch after one group...something linked to that group...tho I guess it would be hard to find links outside the obvious Plushenko&Weir +Jeff. For example, which program could we associate with Stephane? For Shizuka maybe something like group choreo for charity event/special. For Carolina there's that brief duet at least season FaOI:peekapooh:(Or maybe Bolero...yeah, I know it was different piece, but title is the same and both in black costumes :laughing:). Or maybe it could be something fitting the mood or the qualities of this or that skater in a group?

Ok, nevermind, it would be quite hard

I’m gonna be basic and suggest Yuzu focused streaming parties — fancams sounds great! The whole season ones we did a couple of years ago were great and it was so cool seeing the programs evolve during the season. I’m worried most of those videos are gone now in the yt purge tho. But yeah, wouldn’t mind doing them again, like from first year of senior or something?