Charity Project Planning

robin

1 minute ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Ha

That's fine, if that's what is realistically doable. Though I'm not sure I'll be galvanized enough to take action because I do already know which channels I can go through to make donations towards the Tohoku earthquake relief fund so if I wanted to do it I might as well just do it through these channels like I did twice before.

But if we do have a charity drive, what do we organize? Should we do a concentrated push, where people take screenshots of their receipts when they donate? Or do we do a charity drive where we raffle away stuff? 

27 分, Xenさんが言いました:

But if we do have a charity drive, what do we organize? Should we do a concentrated push, where people take screenshots of their receipts when they donate? Or do we do a charity drive where we raffle away stuff? 

I wasn't thinking in terms of a push or anything overly complicated or in any way grandiose. My idea was a simple money pool, and not quite a long term plan, where people can wire money over to a designated person between a time period (say from now to just before the Games or something, or longer, or a target amount could be set) which will then be recorded in an excel spreadsheet that's open for all to see. It's basically the system the admins are using for how people can donate to keep this forum running, I think. Complete with a thread where people can comment in when they've made a donation.

After the closing date, the money pooled can be wired to a charity organization with a short message saying it's just a little something from a small group of Hanyu fans from all around the world. All announced in the thread, of course, proof of transaction included. And when the organization responds, it gets posted for all to see as well. Once that's all done,  the bridge thing can be set up for whoever feels they want to donate as well but missed the window. I mean I dunno how feasible it is, because it really is a very simple idea, but if you're asking me, there you go.