Team Japan

I heard Rika landed a 4T (no need to say anything about her 3A3T2T, we know she can do that)

come on Japanese men, step up your game :grin:

What is great about her is she actually has pretty consistent 3-3 too? So she is not too dependable on her 3A. And she has decent SS and presentation, pretty good spins too. Maybe needs more refinement, but if she can stay healthy and is not eaten by the puberty monster, she is the girl that has a really HUGE potential imo.

Rika plans two 3A in Lp next year. 3A and 3A2T i guess. And yep, there was a video of her 4T (ur but it was after training it for 2 days) and I just saw a video of 3-3 with tano yesterday.

Team Hamada is also great at polishing talent, so she definitely has huge potential. She has already improved so much since she was a novice.

I have heard about the 2 3As next year

I don't know what to feel about that though. I feel like this is a double-edge sword. But go big or go home I guess? since the russians are doing quads now (yikes).

But she is quite complete imo. Now if she can stay healthy, and does not lose her 3A after puberty. she is a real threat to everyone.

Add : I think rika not being age eligible for pyeongchang is a blessing in disguise. She can take her time to polish her jumps and presentation, without rushing and having all the pressure. I hope she won't focus so much on the 3A though. She has other many qualities beside that jump.

Although the Tanos and Rippons increase GOE and such, aesthetically speaking, they are not pleasing to me at all. I hope the young girls won't all follow that path.

I can accept at most three tanos/rippons in one program, that's it.

One for me is more than enough :rofl:

And I agree with Danibellerika... Rippons definitely look better. I know Satoko does one in her jump combination and it is so quick it did not bother me LOL

I heard Rika landed a 4T (no need to say anything about her 3A3T2T, we know she can do that)

come on Japanese men, step up your game :grin:

What is great about her is she actually has pretty consistent 3-3 too? So she is not too dependable on her 3A. And she has decent SS and presentation, pretty good spins too. Maybe needs more refinement, but if she can stay healthy and is not eaten by the puberty monster, she is the girl that has a really HUGE potential imo.

Rika plans two 3A in Lp next year. 3A and 3A2T i guess. And yep, there was a video of her 4T (ur but it was after training it for 2 days) and I just saw a video of 3-3 with tano yesterday.

Team Hamada is also great at polishing talent, so she definitely has huge potential. She has already improved so much since she was a novice.

I have heard about the 2 3As next year

I don't know what to feel about that though. I feel like this is a double-edge sword. But go big or go home I guess? since the russians are doing quads now (yikes).

But she is quite complete imo. Now if she can stay healthy, and does not lose her 3A after puberty. she is a real threat to everyone.

Add : I think rika not being age eligible for pyeongchang is a blessing in disguise. She can take her time to polish her jumps and presentation, without rushing and having all the pressure. I hope she won't focus so much on the 3A though. She has other many qualities beside that jump.

I think trying two 3As now is fine, as long as they pay attention to her health. Eteri's girls will try quads after all.

Yes I agree. She needs to improve when it comes to spins and transitions too. But I'm not too worried because Hamada seems pretty good at polishing talent.

Unless you're Brian Boitano, I don't like the look of Tanos. Rippons look better for me, but it also depends on who is doing it.

Same here.

There are aestetically pleasing variations and not so pleasing.

Btw Sima (Sakhanovich) said that once she started doing tano variations of jumps, usual version became more difficult to her.

There're good reasons why tanos are referred to as 'helicopters' :tongue:

Imo it's much harder to make tanos look aesthetically digestable than it is rippons. moderation is still key though. which is why alina's FS at JWC didn't bother as much as I thought it would.

Rika and 3A... None of the ladies had a consistent 3A so far- not Mao, not Liza (even with her great technique). Even many men don't have a consistent 3A. It's nice to see the ladies try it, and i'm glad that Wakaba can jump it too, but.... :s_dunno

I just hope they don't get injured. Doesn't Rika already have/had a knee injury? Ow. And it doesn't look like 3As are rewarded unless you NEVER underrotate or fall on them, and judges don't shower you with GOEs unless you can do them with steps.

Imo it's much harder to make tanos look aesthetically digestable than it is rippons. moderation is still key though. which is why alina's FS at JWC didn't bother as much as I thought it would.

I liked Alina's rippons.

I liked Alina's rippons.

I love Alina's Rippons and in general they look very pretty when done properly. Rippon's Rippon this season, was it CoR? A thing of beauty. Even Zhenya's Rippons look way better than her tanos but as she said it takes a while to adjust to that. In principle I don't actually mind a healthy mix of everything if done well.

I liked Alina's rippons.

Same here! I found her rippon actually helps extend her body line rather than simply putting arms over head :smile:

Rika and 3A... None of the ladies had a consistent 3A so far- not Mao, not Liza (even with her great technique). Even many men don't have a consistent 3A. It's nice to see the ladies try it, and i'm glad that Wakaba can jump it too, but.... :s_dunno

I just hope they don't get injured. Doesn't Rika already have/had a knee injury? Ow. And it doesn't look like 3As are rewarded unless you NEVER underrotate or fall on them, and judges don't shower you with GOEs unless you can do them with steps.

It's not worth it... not yet :nah:

Being consistent is more important right now