Team Japan

teeannroo said:
I hope that they get that spot at Nebelhorn. I mean they literally just won WTT so it would be shame for them not to be able to qualify for the Olympic Team Event (and then Yuzu has the opportunity of getting 3 OGMs)

to be honest, i don't mind Yuzu not participate in the team event, since there is no rest day between SP and FS and he needs all the energy for it. and Javi who will certainly not participate the team event would be advantageous out of the top six men

fluffypooh said:

to be honest, i don't mind Yuzu not participate in the team event, since there is no rest day between SP and FS and he needs all the energy for it. and Javi who will certainly not participate the team event would be advantageous out of the top six men

The team event is quite different to WTT. He will likely just skate the SP there.

mcq said:
fluffypooh said:

The team event is quite different to WTT. He will likely just skate the SP there.

is there a chance that he will skate FS? since Shoma seems to do well in his SP, and Yuzu is good with FS this season

fluffypooh said:
mcq said:
fluffypooh said:

is there a chance that he will skate FS? since Shoma seems to do well in his SP, and Yuzu is good with FS this season

In team event Japan have to skate very well in SP so as to proceed to FS. So anyone who has highest SB in SP will have to skate SP I guess.

Do anyone know what is Shoma's SP music choice for this season?

I'm surprised he decides going back to turandot though.

Do you mean the season that just finished? He did Fantasy for Violin and Orchestra from Ladies in Lavender.

This coming season he's doing Four Seasons - Winter (Vivaldi).

In team event Japan have to skate very well in SP so as to proceed to FS. So anyone who has highest SB in SP will have to skate SP I guess.

Yeah, basically it'll depend on what they do during the season. Hopefully Yuzu will be back to his stellar SP success rate so he doesn't have to kill himself in the Team Event FS. Shoma has actually a lot more experience skating in tightly scheduled competitions (see his busy weeks between 4CC and Worlds) so I think he'd do well in the Team Event FS and still have plenty of energy for the individual event. His stamina doesn't seem to be much of an issue.

There's a very low chance of medalling, while single skaters are whipped into skating their best out of responsibility. I'm selfish and I want Yuzu to do his best at the Singles' event, NOT Team event :cry:

Yes this is a good point! At last Olympics some skaters were really exhauseted in their real competition. I would like it better if the Team Event would be after the normal competitions.

But I think Team Japan will have a team either way. They already qualified a Team. And if one of the ice dancers or pairs do not make the cut at the Nebelhorn it won't affect them. They can have their skaters participate only in the Team event. That is possible. I think I heard/read in somewhere. (Team Germany has the same problem as Team Japan)

His stamina doesn't seem to be much of an issue.

It's a given, considering he makes less revolutions in air and more two-footed skating than others :cool:

Oh definitely! See how weird his jumps always look? They're never high enough for a proper quad, so his landing foot always touches the ice too soon before he could adjust his upper body, hence the "twist" in his knees. I don't think he'll have much problems with stamina; though knee pains and injuries on the other hand.. :crazy:

His stamina doesn't seem to be much of an issue.

It's a given, considering he makes less revolutions in air and more two-footed skating than others :cool:

Oh bravo :clap:

But hey, it's the truth. If he doesn't already have injury problems, I'll eat my pretty summer hat. It's new too.

As for the new guys coming up, I've really only focused on two, Sota and baby Shun. In general I tend not to get too attached to Juniors because injuries, puberty, etc but I cannot help it. Fingers crossed for Sota especially. Negl, I would really like to see him somewhere like Canada because I think it would help him.