Team Japan

As if everything is about quads. If they develop their artistry and consistency, that's also a way, as Jason's example showed. I'm very glad the new system is now rewarding cleanness. And just because the juniors are not showing them doesn't mean they're not training them. Not everyone's suicidal like Sota who puts it in his program after only a week's training. And just look at quadless youngsters placing above him - sometimes less is more.

3 hours ago, yuzupon said:

Cz if not, that's Sota Yamamoto erasure.

Well the article only wrote 若手 (young athlete), and the part quoted on the tweet (about Shun) is what is exactly written in the article, no further report other than that. I'd just assume that Dai has considered Sota as a senior skater, if anything :shrug:

It's just beyond baffling to me how JSF ignores some skaters like that :knc_brian3:

26 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Well the article only wrote 若手 (young athlete), and the part quoted on the tweet (about Shun) is what is exactly written in the article, no further report other than that. I'd just assume that Dai has considered Sota as a senior skater, if anything :shrug:

It's just beyond baffling to me how JSF ignores some skaters like that :knc_brian3:

I just find that rather baffling cz every other skater who competed were younger than him, so if by 'young athlete' he meant younger than him, then obviously there are more than just Shun who landed a quad(s). If he just meant 'young' in general sense, Sota is 18 yo. Unless 18 yo is now considered 'old'.

Plus, look at how Shun is being lowballed in PCS (2nd highest TES but 5th lowest PCS, in fact). Obviously, quads, even by JSF's calculations - however tf they conduct it, are not everything.

2 hours ago, moonkat said:

Perhaps Daisuke is sending a message to the JSF to stop lowballing Shun. 

Lol that looks out of place

PCSs of Shun and Yuma (especially Shun) are being severely lowballed...

(Especially when you compared those with Sena's PCS...)

@yuzupon 若手 doesn't just mean young person (or in this case, young athlete), it also has the meaning of "up and coming person", so it does tend to the juniors more instead of mere young athletes (and I assume that since Sota has skated long enough, he likely won't really count as an up-and-coming athlete anymore, especially when judged by junior standards).

That said, this discussion about the word's interpretation is pretty moot anyway :v — that kind of scoring would not benefit anyone, not even those who could (seemingly) gain some sort of prestige (if any) from being the coach/official where those overscored skaters come from. It is disadvantageous for the underscored skaters, it is also disadvantageous for the overscored skaters, and ultimately it is disadvantageous for JSF itself — because they are merely deceiving themselves with this kind of scoring.