8Koshiro Shimada

10Takahiko Kozuka

10Tatsuki Machida

10Takahito Mura

10Daisuke Murakami

10Mitsuki Sumoto

10Yuma Kagiyama

10Yuto Kishina

Expecting to be chucked out of PH as a dissenter in 3...2...1... :D :banned1-smiley:

Spoiler

Ladies 

1Rika Kihira

2Wakaba Higuchi

3Kaori Sakamoto

4Mai Mihara

5Satoko Miyahara

6Mao Asada

7Marin Honda

8Nana Akari

9Akiko Suzuki

10Mako Yamashita

11Shizuka Arakawa

11Yuna Shiraiwa

11Rion Sumiyoshi

14Kanako Murakami

15Rika Hongo

15Yura Matsuda

15Moa Iwano

18Miki Ando

Mens 

1Yuzuru Hanyu

2Nobunari Oda

3Keiji Tanaka

4Tatsuki Machida

5Takahiko Kozuka

6Kazuki Tomono

7Daisuke Murakami

7Shoma Uno

7Sota Yamamoto

7Mitsuki Sumoto

11Takahito Mura

11Koshiro Shimada

13Ryuju Hino

13Daisuke Takahashi

13Yuma Kagiyama

16Yuto Kishina

My list 😀

This blog has a few snippets of a new Sota interview dated Aug. 20, 2018 for Figure Skate Life magazine published on Oct. 10, 2018.  The ellipsis (…) indicates the part the blogger left out.   Thank you @surimi for giving me the link to read and translate.

https://ameblo.jp/kmn-psn/entry-12411618469.html

■ Looking Back Last Season

- Looking back the last season now, what are your thoughts?

... At first I had a lot of feeling of hesitation, but gradually it went away and I feel now it’s the season I enjoyed....

- Does that mean that you hesitated because you were still not at the level (you are comfortable with)?

That is true and also the fact that I have been alone for such a long time, I mean there were many times when I was by myself so I felt uneasy being with other people.  I was wondering how to interact with others (laugh).  Feeling that way I wondered how to go about competing.  These were my thoughts and feelings that made me hesitant a little.

■ Change in This Season (excerpt)

- Has there been a change in your mindset?

... I feel like my mindset this year is back to the one I felt 2 or 3 years ago ... I feel I can do more and more.

- In a good way?

In a good way (laugh).  I think I am facing competitions and practice with that kind of thought.

- After you got your jumps back are you absorbed in jumps?

Umm, huhu, that's right (laugh). Since I started practicing the axel jumps, the jump practice time has increased.

- When did you start practicing axel jumps?

Well, maybe around July. I started off with practicing the double axel jump and I had been doing that jump nearly 100 times during the period.

■ Asian Open (excerpt)

- How was the competition under new rules?

It had not sunk in yet until I did my short program and I skated as before without thinking much, and then I realized that this was so different. When I did free program I kept these (new rules) in my mind....

- What kind of jump is the ideal one that gets +5?

After all, considering the past trend so far, I would say Hanyu senshu. It is amazing to see him jump with your own eyes, isn’t it?

- The distance of his axel jump.

Ridiculously big (laugh)

■Short Program

- "Air on the G String" I think it is a very beautiful program. I was moved when I saw you skate to it at Nagano show.

No, no, no, it's a beautiful program if I skate to it properly, but if I underperform, this program really gets me into a serious trouble (laugh). 

- Do you watch the videos of your skating?

I do. I watched the one (in Nagano) where I fell on the jump in an extremely embarrassing way (laugh)....

- How about the videos of the competition?

I have not watched it yet. Hehehe

- You’re laughing. You do not have time to watch it yet?

No, I thought it was so terrible and not worth watching (laugh).

- Lol. How did you work on choreography?

... Even now I record the video of my skating during each practice.  I’m trying to polish my program thinking “I should be able to make this move more beautiful" and such every time I practice with the music.  But it is quite difficult....

■Free Program

■ Music Selection (excerpt)

- Did you select the music after you watched the drama?

I did not watch the drama, I went through YouTube and found the song and I bought an album ... I’m not very familiar with currently popular artists. I only listen to odd songs (laugh).

- Odd songs? (laugh).

Because I really loved Pokemon it’s my hobby these days to listen to these theme songs thinking nostalgic (laugh)....

■ Costume Change (excerpt)

- What kind of image did you give to the designer?

What kind of things did I tell her? Oh, I asked her to add flowing ruffles to the one for the short program ... I'm thinking about how to make my program look more beautiful.

■ Off-Ice and Campus Life (excerpts)

- I heard you took difficult classes in the previous interview.

Hahaha, yes, I do not miss any of my classes.  I go to college diligently but ... the test results do not reflect my efforts.

■ Message to fans

Thank you for always supporting me.  The Asian Open is over, and I was able to compete keeping in mind the joyful feeling of last season and deep appreciation to my fans.

Thank you for your translation, @Rainbow! Sota has been through hell in the past 2.5 years, and it's so good to see him back. I hope he gets stronger as the season progresses. It was a great success at Finlandia that his 3A is back and that he landed it in the SP.

Also it's very nice how he praises the quality of Yuzu's jumps. :clap:

4 hours ago, surimi said:

Help, how do I unhide my post. I wanted just to hide the list to avoid cluttering the page. I'm hopeless. :headslap:

I unhid your post. :)  

8 hours ago, surimi said:

Interesting stuff! Mine turned out to be

Skaters

1Sota Yamamoto

2Yuzuru Hanyu

3Ryuju Hino

3Kazuki Tomono

5Keiji Tanaka

6Daisuke Takahashi

6Shoma Uno

8Nobunari Oda

8Koshiro Shimada

10Takahiko Kozuka

10Tatsuki Machida

10Takahito Mura

10Daisuke Murakami

10Mitsuki Sumoto

10Yuma Kagiyama

10Yuto Kishina

Expecting to be chucked out of PH as a dissenter in 3...2...1... :D :banned1-smiley:

:banned2-smiley-face:

Excerpt of Chunichi Sports Article dated Sept. 29, 2018 in this blog.  here

Translation

The injured area with three bolts still inside has not completely healed.  He cannot practice jumping on a day when he feels like something is a little off with his ankle.  Even so, by this summer he got his five types of triple jumps back, and in August he landed successfully the triple axel which had caused the bone fracture before. "I did not feel like I conquered it, but I was relieved," he said getting rid of the nightmare of that day.

He plans to challenge the quad toe loop jump which was successful until injury.  He knows that with his current composition he cannot compete against world’s top level skaters such as Uno senpai.  At the age of 18, with high skating skills and expressiveness which are praised by many, he is looking at the Beijing Olympics in four years. "I think I still have time. I want to do the best performances in the upcoming competitions where I have to achieve good results," he said.  

I found three video clips about Sota in GS Sota thread and added my translations.  There are parts not very clear as Sota mumbled. I listened to these unclear parts many times and tried my best to interpret what he said.

https://twitter.com/japaneseperson/status/1053552421396336640?s=19

Sota Yamamoto entered the local Chukyo University in April this year. He is 18 years old and will compete at the Grand Prix series the first time. The road to this event was never smooth. He stood on the podium of junior international competitions alongside Shoma Uno and would become one of the next generation leading skaters. With not only a triple axel but also a quad jump under his belt, he was on his way to be a top level skater. However he fell when landing triple axel jump. “I heard my bone breaking sound in the right ankle.” He broke his right ankle again during practice two years ago when he was moving up to seniors, and underwent three surgeries. "I had to put up with … pain… Honestly I felt stuck." He had to withdraw from the Grand Prix series where he was going to make a senior debut. He could not even be on ice. Still he kept a passion in his heart. “I could not get rid of the desire that I wanted to skate so much, to skate again. I think this desire has been helping me work hard."

https://twitter.com/japaneseperson/status/1053553235934425088?s=19

And last year after a year and a half, he returned to the rink in competition. Relishing the joy of skating he made a comeback. What he is working on now is building a body to prevent injury from recurring--strengthening the lower body and improving the overall skating qualify. “My skating changes as well and in that sense everything is going in the right direction.” The first competition of this season is starting. "I thought that I had to raise the difficulty level a little by little, so I felt that first of all I had to overcome a challenge of the triple axel." He was determined to do a triple axel, the cause of the fracture, for the first time after he returned to competition. "These days I’m telling myself I shouldn’t be afraid or I would be ashamed of myself."

https://twitter.com/japaneseperson/status/1053555823513751554?s=19

For senior top skaters it is now nothing special to land a triple axel jump. More than anything he should not be defeated by his old self. He landed it for the first time in three seasons and received positive GOE too. He saw a sign of a comeback by overcoming fear. “I finally feel that I took a step forward. I think I should get better so that I could win over myself.” Between busy training he came to a driving school. "I think I have to be more independent. I don’t think about skating while driving and I’m taking it easy." At the age of 18 he is moving on fast to make a comeback. He is heading to the Grand Prix series that he could not go two years ago. "I think my skating at the beginning of the season is a little bit off, so I will be happy if I can deliver good performances that I’m satisfied with.”

• 2 weeks later...