Team Japan

1 hour ago, axelnojutsu said:

I’m confused why is he an F1 driver and what does it have to do with the music :english1:

Sena was named after F1 driver Ayrton Senna da Silva, who is known in Japan as セナ, which is pronounced as sena. Don't know why he chose the music though.

ETA: On his back, I see a word "Yareru" which means "I can do it" so maybe this costume and music were chosen to encourage himself... :think:

I didn't know Sena was named after Ayrton Senna! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: 

Sena's new SP might be inspired by Alexei Yagudin's "Racing" short program from 2002/2003. The music is the same, Played-A-Live by Safri Duo, but Yagudin named his program "Racing" and the theme of the program was car racing.

Sena's unusual costume is most likely inspired by Senna's famous red and white Mclaren race suit (he won his three World titles with team McLaren):

Spoiler

143413-970x600-1.jpeg

I'm looking forward to this program so much :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

42 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I didn't know Sena was named after Ayrton Senna! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: 

Sena's new SP might be inspired by Alexei Yagudin's "Racing" short program from 2002/2003. The music is the same, Played-A-Live by Safri Duo, but Yagudin named his program "Racing" and the theme of the program was car racing.

Sena's unusual costume is most likely inspired by Senna's famous red and white Mclaren race suit (he won his three World titles with team McLaren):

Hide contents

143413-970x600-1.jpeg

I'm looking forward to this program so much :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Wow. I've never seen the Yagudin's program. (Sadly, I wasn't following FS when he was in his prime) It was so fun to watch!  If Sena really is inspired by this program, his could be a fun program too! Looking forward to seeing it somewhere in this season. 

2 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Wow. I've never seen the Yagudin's program. (Sadly, I wasn't following FS when he was in his prime) It was so fun to watch!  If Sena really is inspired by this program, his could be a fun program too! Looking forward to seeing it somewhere in this season. 

Racing was a really fun program by Yagudin, sadly he had to retire early in that season, so he couldn't skate to that program at bigger competitions.

And we'll see Sena next weekend at JGP Canada, can't wait! :) 

I loved that Racing sp by Alexei.  That final step sequence was so full of character... especially in his last ss where he does a little hop and lands on the back of his blades. I loved his Skate America version the most... love that Sena was named after Senna, my all time GOAT in any sport, in any era, forever. I could tell right away from just the picture (before the posts commentating afterwards) that it was supposed to be Mclaren Honda's racing suit...  can hardly wait to see this.