Team Japan

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

Yuma is back :cheer:

SP 91.47   FS 174.12  Total 265.59

The SP is good; it has potential that he's bringing out more and more.

The FP, not so much; it's still very much a snooze for me. Two years in and it still left me with zero impression. 

PS: I can't stand it when his fans ooze praise for his Lutz. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ikura's charming FS to The Little Prince soundtrack. Best program yet from Kaetlyn Weaver and (mistakes not counted) one of the best free skates at least in this season: Wonderful choreo and music cuts that makes sense throughout the program, technical elements that are placed in the absolute right spots, and performance/expression that wholefully emulates the story she tries to tell. That subtle change in her facial expression at the beginning and that choreo sequence? *chef's kiss*.

Her growth as a performer is something delightful to witness. Here's hoping she'd get injury-free and more consistent. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

JPN Junior Nationals :cheer:

1st: Mao Shimada     SP: 63.34    FP: 137.99     Total: 201.33

2nd: Ikura Kushida     SP: 65.30     FP: 124.82     Total: 190.12

3rd: Rena Uezono     SP: 60.95     FP: 125.56   Total: 186.51 

Can't find other videos. I want to watch Rio Nakata's performance :smiley-happy085:

I saw his performance at the venue of the Tokyo Regionals. He was really good.

Thank you for the uploader :loveshower:

1st: Shunsuke Nakamura     SP: 76.81    LP: 135.61   Total: 212.42

2nd: Rio Nakata      SP: 64.28   LP: 141.48   Total: 205.76     

3rd:  Tsudoi Suto     SP: 70.59   LP: 130.53   Total: 201.12 

4th: Haru Kakiuchi    SP: 68.64   LP: 129.33  Total: 197.97

5th: Taiga Nishino     SP: 63.52   LP: 132.19   Total: 195.71

14 years old!  My fav. :tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:   Yuzu coached him a bit at an event in Yokohama before.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Uno - I have no words and not in a good way.  Martina Frammartino’s slow motion captures say it all for me.  Lambiel as an apologist- not a good look.  Disappointing.

Kaori Sakamoto is a force of nature-my tastes are quite diverse, I can appreciate and enjoy Mai Mihara and at the same time enjoy the sheer athleticism and joie de vivre of Kaori - and her smile lights up the stadium.  It’s athleticism of a very particular sort - there’s no strain or struggle or awkward movement when she’s really on song.  She may not do the quads or the 3A but she’s strong, smooth and delightful to watch - infinitely preferable to the flailing telegraphed movements of others.  So pleased to see Mone Chiba doing well too.

Really pleased to see new ice dance teams doing well and particularly pleased to see Utashin thriving with their new partners.

Hoping very much that upcoming teams can take on the progress made by R&R - Ryuichi won’t skate forever and they could do with getting some new teams up to the point of qualifying for international competition.