Team Japan

From what I can tell, they asked about favourite Olympic programs. (correct me if I'm wrong)

DaddyMura: Alexei Yagudin's SLC FS

Rika: Arakawa Shizuka's Torino FS

Mai: Asada Mao's Sochi FS

Satton: Carolina Kostner, Asada Mao, and Kim Yuna's Sochi programs

Keiji: Takahashi Daisuke's Vancouver programs, Machida Tatsuki's Sochi programs

Wakababy: Kim Yuna's Vancouver SP

Shoma: Asado Mao's Sochi FS

Guest turquoiseblue

Here is an article in English about Keiji:

Figure skating: Tanaka injures pelvic muscle, to miss Rostelecom Cup

Keiji Tanaka injured a muscle in his right hip-pelvic area and will withdraw from the upcoming Rostelecom Cup in Moscow, the Japan Skating Federation said Monday.

Tanaka was told by doctors he would need three weeks to recover,...

According to officials, the 22-year-old Tanaka sustained the injury after falling on the ice in a jump attempt during practice before an international event late last month. He continued light training but was not able to regain competitive form.

"I will focus on healing and hope to recover in time for the Cup of China," he said of the Nov. 3-4 competition in Beijing, the third of six events in the series.

I wish him a speedy recovery :10742289:

Guest turquoiseblue

Kihira clinches spot in Junior Grand Prix Final

Barton said Kihira’s triple axel appeared fine at the outset.

“It looked pretty good in the air, just started to lean at the last second and had to step out,” he pointed out.

“I have seen her skate much cleaner,” Barton concluded. “She had to work through the program and she did. This an experienced competitor, gaining more experience every time out.”

Kihira thanked her fans for their support in an Instagram post from Italy while evaluating her own performance.

“I think that there were both good and bad points,” she wrote. “A lot of tasks must be worked on before the next event. The final has been made and I was a little relieved, but as the season is still going on, I will review the performance this time and I think I will practice even more! Since the next event is West Japan (regionals), I will try my best to overcome the problems and I will try hard for the perfect performance!”

Guest turquoiseblue

An adorable interview with the Honda sisters :tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw:

Star sisters: Marin, Miyu and Sara Honda make their mark on figure skating, films and more

The Yomiuri Shimbun: What do you admire about each other?

Marin: Miyu can improvise choreography for skating. Upon hearing the melodies, you automatically start to move. I’m always amazed to see this. I want you to choreograph my exhibition program.

Sara is the youngest, so we often take too much care of you, but you’re smart enough to do everything on your own.

Sara: I am? People often say my handwriting looks beautiful.

Miyu: Yes, yes! When we give autographs together, the two of us always ask Sara to write down the date and name [of the person who will receive them].

About my onechan [honorific for elder sisters], I’m envious that you can fall asleep anywhere. I can’t sleep unless I’m in complete darkness, but you can fall asleep with the light on.

Sara: Marin is not picky about food at all. You enjoy eating anything.

Marin: [Laughs] Entrails inside crab shells, for example. I ate about 50 xiaolongbao [steamed buns] on the final day of last season’s world junior championships.

Q: You eat that much? Do you fight over food?

Miyu, Sara: We do! And Marin is always the winner.

Marin: Sara can also win fights ... but in the end, I’m the one who gets the food, I think.

Sara: Everybody offers you something.

Miyu: When I’m eating pudding, for example, I think: “Oh, onechan is looking this way. Maybe she wants to eat some.”

Marin: So you’re always considerate of me [laughs].

Q: Are there any things you think your siblings should give up?

Sara: Marin, unpack your suitcases as soon as you’re back home from competitions.

Miyu: I agree. And you also often say to me, “Can I ask you to organize my room?”

Marin: Sara, it’s so bad you call me Ma-taro in front of others. [Taro is a name for boys.] It’s nasty.

Miyu: When Sara and I are together, she adopts an attitude as if to say, “I’m the elder sister of Miyu.”

Marin: Well, that could be true in a sense ... By the way, Miyu, aren’t you too clingy with me, always hugging me, even in front of others, just like when we’re at home?

Sara: Yes, Miyu is a clingy child!

Marin: We sometimes have quarrels with each other and fight over food, but I believe they help us become even more competitive when practicing figure skating and performing in competitions. It’s nice to have many siblings, after all.

Miyu: When one of us is happy, we all share the feeling. When one of us is frustrated, we offer support. I can work hard thanks to Marin. I would be happy if Sara thinks of me in a similar way.

Sara: Miyu is amazing — you can remember lines for your roles so fast! I also have to work hard, taking Miyu as a model.

48 分ぐらい, CupidsBowさんが言いました:

Like, I can enjoy Shoma despite all of his flaws because where he excels in choreography (tho maybe not with Turandot), interpretation and performance which is pretty much exactly where Evgenia falls totally flat for me and makes it hard to engage with her skating. She has so many interesting transitions and her mental strength/stamina is incredible. There's so much she can do but it's choreographed so nothing really stands out as a moment to remember (and a lot of her programs are kind of...samey imo). 

Hmm...I'm not a fan of either (in ladies I think I like Higuchi the most) but if I had to pick one to watch out of the two, I'll probably pick Medvedeva over Uno. >_< Wish I could share your appreciation for him so we'd have more to talk about but hey, there's still Hanyu. 🙃

9 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Hmm...I'm not a fan of either (in ladies I think I like Higuchi the most) but if I had to pick one to watch out of the two, I'll probably pick Medvedeva over Uno. >_< Wish I could share your appreciation for him so we'd have more to talk about but hey, there's still Hanyu. 🙃

I am with you in liking Wakaba! I'm very soft for Mai too. I'm gonna be honest I just can't bring myself to like Evgenia, better choreography would make me more forgiving of her flaws (I am too used to Hanyu coming in and out of his jumps smooth as butter, I find how she sets up most of her jumps really pulls me out of her program and she has some of the same crappy technique as Shoma just way less pronounced) but as she is right now I'm just not into her. I respect what she's doing with that mental strength and stamina and freakish consistency but I think she's overscored in PCS and theres a pile of ladies I enjoy more than her. and I barely follow ladies.

To be fair....Shoma's programs this season are. um. not great. I would not be upset if he went back to Loco instead of using Turandot again for his fs. I'm yet to form on opinion on his short other than I got distracted by his Grey Velvet Pants of Sin even in the rather wanky quality of the lombardia stream :shrug:  But he went for very safe choices and its a bit of a letdown given his most enjoyable (senior) programs were Legends and Loco (even if the screaming was a bit much) which were slightly more interesting choices music wise. His step sequences are great though and i generally really like how he moves n the ice but. yeah. I don;t really expect him to grow on anyone this season when his program choices are the dullest of the top 6

@CupidsBow

To me, Higuchi has a smidgeon of that thing Hanyu has in her skating and in how she expresses herself through her programs though I can't quite put my finger on what it is exactly. And I'm hoping very hard, almost as hard as I'm hoping for Hanyu to skate both his programs, or at least SEIMEI, clean at the Olys, that she'll make the Oly team and present her skates, epecially her FS, well in front of the world.

I'll refrain from sharing my thoughts about Uno and his performance style + his skating (the ones I've never shared before) since you're obviously a fan and I don't want you to feel poorly about it. I mean I don't dislike the dude at all, and whatever he's good at he excels in and I can fully respect his determination to strive towards his goal of beating Hanyu.

But of all the younger competitors in the top 6 men, I find myself actually rooting for Chen the most. I mean not in beating Hanyu because it'd be a contradicting wish, and there's absolutely nothing I want more than for Hanyu to eat everyone for breakfast in PC--the events are happening early enough for them to all look like Fruit Loops or bacon to him, or whatever he usually eats for breakfast--but I do hope that Chen places the highest out of all of the younger 3 men. This started gradually happening when I heard his SP music at US Classic and became cemented after I saw his showing of it at the JO gala sans his quads where he could actually truly *skate* and did complete justice to that awesome, *awesome* piece of music. Pity it probably won't be the same with the quads but I'm hoping he'll at least be able to keep some of those lovely details SL weaved into the choreography (which he executed beautifully) in.