Team Japan

I really like Shingo as an ice dancer. He is one of the best, with great speed, great sense of rhythm, and possibly the best expression among the current crop of ice dancing men. I hope he finds a compatible partner soon. I'm afraid he doesn't have a future in singles, with the new stress on jumps. But the skating world needs more skaters like Shingo, who can make crowds come alive and clap along.

Guest turquoiseblue
12 minutes ago, surimi said:

I really like Shingo as an ice dancer. He is one of the best, with great speed, great sense of rhythm, and possibly the best expression among the current crop of ice dancing men. I hope he finds a compatible partner soon. I'm afraid he doesn't have a future in singles, with the new stress on jumps. But the skating world needs more skaters like Shingo, who can make crowds come alive and clap along.

I agree with you :2thumbsup:

I miss UtaShin... :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

Right, I am very much not amused to see JNats female medalists plus Rinka (that's okay, pretty much everyone else's assigning their skaters like their lives depend on it), while out of the men, only Kinoshita-backed luckyboy Koshiro, with zero medals and results last year, but shows, GP and now also a Challenger. And there are only 2 more Challengers from the JSF list to assign to. Big thumbs down to JSF. An easy Challenger medal for Koshiro in this field, and tough ones for anyone who gets Shoma and Kagiyama in Germany and Finland.

Guest turquoiseblue

2022 Tokyo Summer Figure Skating Competition

Results

Senior Women

1. Rion Sumiyoshi 191.62 
  2. Rinka Watanabe 186.68
  3. Maria Egawa 172.33

Senior Men

1. Shingo Nishiyama 174.93
  2. Taichiro Yamakuma 169.06
  3. Kazuki Hasegawa 155.35

Kazuki's been assigned to Nebelhorn Trophy, as well as the new pair, Yunoki/Ichihashi. Happy for them!

I guess RikuRyu are still recovering from injury, as is Rika.

Still waiting: among women, Mai, Rino and Rinka, possibly Yuhana. Among the dancers, Kana and Daisuke, I suppose they'll be going to Finland. And among the men, all of Shun, Kao, Sota, Sena and Tatsuya. So far, JSF is showing the middle finger to all of these. I guess something like testing one's programs after a rule change before the GP starts, and getting points to get into better groups in GP, are not relevant for JSF... I guess no Challenger this year for Uno and Kagiyama as they're going to Japan Open and then the GP starts, although Kaori has been sent and she needs points as little as these two... I hate JSF and their unfair, chaotic decisions.