Team Japan

48 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Quite busy schedule. She has to do challenger too.

we are still not sure if she’s getting one gp assignment yet right - tho I speculate she can get nhk… 

I’m hopeful this is a sign her injury will not bother her this season, surely her “newer” coaches will be on it. 

@YuDai yeah, I’m not sure why he is doing so much, but without injuries on the way he can certainly work it out… tho by gpf he would be exhausted. 

12 minutes ago, Xiupia said:

we are still not sure if she’s getting one gp assignment yet right - tho I speculate she can get nhk… 

I’m hopeful this is a sign her injury will not bother her this season, surely her “newer” coaches will be on it. 

Yes, we are sure.:huh: She has 1 obligatory gp for top 24 WS. The question is about 2nd GP. She either will be invited by nhk or skate canada out of mercy (at the end of the day it's invitational competition, many weird things happened🤷‍♀️) or she will use come back rule (bad idea imo, even if it means she would stay with 1 gp only).

But anyway, she doesn't have gp minimum score. So if she wants to go to gp, she must go to challenger.

So JO will be another competition on top of that.

Which means that either she is confident in her condition (then indeed it's better to compete as much as possible).

Or IMG sucks the life out of her.

Could be both.

Is there any chance of JSF expanding their current Challenger selection? I've just read that they're listing just Italy, Germany, the US and Finland. Sounds crazy to cram all Nationals top 10 there, and I was under the impression they usually give Challengers to all of them? 

32 minutes ago, surimi said:

Is there any chance of JSF expanding their current Challenger selection? I've just read that they're listing just Italy, Germany, the US and Finland. Sounds crazy to cram all Nationals top 10 there, and I was under the impression they usually give Challengers to all of them? 

Please, they never did it.

Nor top 10 at JNats guarantees you any assignment.

9 hours ago, Paskud said:

Yes, we are sure.:huh: She has 1 obligatory gp for top 24 WS. The question is about 2nd GP. She either will be invited by nhk or skate canada out of mercy (at the end of the day it's invitational competition, many weird things happened🤷‍♀️) or she will use come back rule (bad idea imo, even if it means she would stay with 1 gp only).

But anyway, she doesn't have gp minimum score. So if she wants to go to gp, she must go to challenger.

Is it the same for Yuzu if he decides to compete?

1 hour ago, Melodie said:

Is it the same for Yuzu if he decides to compete?

If Olympics do not count as ISU Championships (and I think they don't), then yes.

Don't worry, this score is super small and just a formality

Each entrant to the six events of the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series must meet a minimum total score from ISU Events (GP, JGP, Championships, and ISU Challenger Series Events) of the previous season. These scores will be published annually and be decided in consultation with the ISU Technical Committee in each discipline and approved by the ISU Grand Prix Coordination Group.
The minimum total score from ISU Events for this season is 3/5 of highest score per discipline at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2021:
Men 192.53
Women 139.90
Pair Skating 136.55
Ice Dance 132.70

(..) those who need to score the minimum Grand Prix score as listed above can do so in the ISU Challenger Series 2021/22.

Oh, and Yuzuru has 2 gp. 1 for SB and 1 for WS.

11 hours ago, Paskud said:

So JO will be another competition on top of that.

Which means that either she is confident in her condition (then indeed it's better to compete as much as possible).

Or IMG sucks the life out of her.

Could be both.

Ah, alright! I was not sure if it would be worth to apply the comeback rule to her! I got that she needed the challenger and JO in any case. 
SCI makes so much sense logistics wise, but nhk is a given for the audience + exposure. We should see it soon enough!

Thank you!  

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

If Olympics do not count as ISU Championships (and I think they don't), then yes.

Don't worry, this score is super small and just a formality

Oh, and Yuzuru has 2 gp. 1 for SB and 1 for WS.

Much thanks for the clarification :)

This stuff always messes up my head. I wouldn't know what to make out of it had it not been for you or some others who understand the rules to explain it to me :) 

9 minutes ago, Melodie said:

Much thanks for the clarification :)

This stuff always messes up my head. I wouldn't know what to make out of it had it not been for you or some others who understand the rules to explain it to me :) 

You're overestimating me. Too often I can't understand ISU's word salad, too.

10 hours ago, Paskud said:

Please, they never did it.

Nor top 10 at JNats guarantees you any assignment.

I said I was under an impression, not that I was sure. No need for the irony. I'm beginning to regret I even asked. I don't follow women all that closely, but in the recent pre-pandemic years, most if not all of Nats top 10 would get Challengers. It would make sense in a season after a rule change to want to see the judges' feedback before GP.

Guest turquoiseblue
On 7/22/2022 at 3:12 PM, turquoiseblue said:

Wishing her a full recovery!! :smiley-angelic001::smiley-angelic001::smiley-angelic001:

A full translation of the interview :68271262: 

FYVUoyvagAAdxAP?format=jpg&name=large

FYVUoyvaUAAqGV-?format=jpg&name=large