Team Japan

Fancam of Satoko's Voila EX at SOI Canada. 

And this is her Stabat Mater.

Look at that stunning flow and skating skill.

Also, she improves a lot projection wise.

I love this new trajectory for her. 

On 3/18/2022 at 2:23 PM, surimi said:

Which Japanese skaters train abroad at the moment? Shoma and Koshiro in Switzerland, Rika, Satoko and Riku/Ryuichi in Canada, and Kana/Daisuke in the US? Is that all?

Sorry for late reply, but: Moa in France.

And Ayumi Takanami remains in TCC.

And Fukase/Zhang in Gadbois.

8 hours ago, Paskud said:

Sorry for late reply, but: Moa in France.

And Ayumi Takanami remains in TCC.

And Fukase/Zhang in Gadbois.

Thanks! I wonder if Moa is still in ice dance, and has a partner. The more Japanese ID couples, the better. 

Guest turquoiseblue
2 hours ago, surimi said:

Thanks! I wonder if Moa is still in ice dance, and has a partner. The more Japanese ID couples, the better. 

I wonder, too. She hasn't updated her bio on Ice Partner Search.

http://www.icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=7019

Moa Iwano hasn't updated his/her biography in at least 6 months, so his/her biography will not be displayed.

This might be same as the Number interview but there is stuff from Brian about Yuzuru too - I just used google translate and it was OK(ish).

Guest turquoiseblue
1 hour ago, Pammi said:

This might be same as the Number interview but there is stuff from Brian about Yuzuru too - I just used google translate and it was OK(ish).

Here is a summary in English :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

More:

Spoiler

8 hours ago, Pammi said:

I'm in the skating industry and I couldn't remember the names of every single new women's champion these days, so much so that I had to call them by their initials. If the age limit is raised, it may make it possible for former Dorothy Hamill, Peggy Fleming, Rosalyn Sumners, Katarina Witt, and memorable athletes like Carolina Kostner and Kim Yuna to come back. The men's competition originally had many top athletes who have been active for a long time. Both Javier (Fernandez) and Yuzu became players that people will remember after 10 years of activity in the senior ranks. Such athletes who remain in people's memories are needed for the women's competition as well. It was originally said that women's figure skating was the highlight of the sport.

I start to find these "We don't have another Mao/Yuna/whoever" sentiments beyond ridiculous.

Is Mai's career not dramatic enough?

Was Satoko's career really so short? (in fact, it was longer than Yuna's - 9 senior seasons)

Isn't Kaori world champion?

Is Wakaba really so forgetable?

Don't we have a lot of European ladies doing very well recently, like Loena or Eva-Lotta?

Have anyone tried to find interviews with them?

Or are Russian ladies the only ones worth following and celebrating?

Especially when some of the examples Brian gave really aren't THAT spectacular.

Sumners - 4 seasons in seniors, 1 WC gold, 1 Olympic silver. Retired right after Olympics, when she was 20.

Fleming - 5 seasons in seniors, 1 bronze and 3 gold WC, 1 Olympic gold. Retired right after Olympics, when she was 20.

Hamill - 5 seasons in seniors, 2 silver and 1 gold WC, 1 Olympic gold. Retired right after Olympics, when she was 20.

Hello? Kaori is supposed to be worse next to this?

Besides, of course there aren't one or two dominating figures anymore like it was decade or so ago. The ladies field is too deep for this. Now one misstep too much means that someone else will take your place. And it's good! What other sport complains that they have too many athletes?