Team Japan

Guest turquoiseblue
On 1/24/2022 at 12:01 AM, Paskud said:

Winter Sports Festival

24-27 January

https://www.jsfresults.com/National/2021-2022/fs_j/nationalfestival/index.htm

among skaters:

team Hyogo: Taichirou Yamakuma, Takaya Tsujimura, Rie Imanaga, Ayumi Kagotani, Nozomu Yoshioka, Takeru Kataise, Ai Ikeda, Rei Yoshimoto

team Aichi: Kimichika Wada, Sota Yamamoto, Mako Yamashita, Miyabi Ohba, Haruki Honda, Shunsuke Nakamura, Meai Mori, Kinayu Yokoi

team Saitama: Kento Fukase, Koushou Ohshima, Kanon Ayabe, Akane Matsubara, Ibuki Ohnaka, Ryuushin Yamada, Yuuki Satoh, Maaya Ishida

team Kyoto: Sumitada Moriguchi, Shimon Fukuda, Hinako Katou, Yukino Fuji, Daisuke Kodama, Ryouga Morimoto, Momoka Maeno, Azusa Tanaka

team Shiga: Lucas Tsuyoshi Honda, Junsuke Tokikuni, Harue Inoue, Nonoka Noguchi, Shun Kobayashi, Tomoya Morioka

team Okayama: Takumi Sugiyama, Kazuki Kushida, Natsumi Nasu, Saki Miyake, Sora Suzuki, Haruyuki Higuchi, Marin Okamoto, Hinako Katayama

team Kanagawa: Sho Saitou, Yuuga Furushou, Yuna Aoki, Ayano Hirota, Shota Kajimoto, Genjirou Sugawa, Sakurako Tanabe, Mai Takahashi

team Tokyo: Gakuto Suzuki, Reo Ishitsuka, Akari Matsubara, Ibuki Satoh, Sakura Odagaki, Ryuusei Kikuchi, Rion Sumiyoshi, Yurina Okuno

team Fukuoka: Koutarou Hayakawa, Tatsuma Furuya, Niina Takeno, Hina Takeno, Sora Tarumi, Shunya Matsuoka, Maria Egawa, Arisa Kamoi

team Tottori: Chiyono Nagami, Yuuki Mimura

team Aomori: Honoka Hirotani, Miu Fujita, Miyu Honda, Nonoka Shozen

team Hokkaido: Kazuki Hasegawa, Seiya Tsuboi, Asuka Kaizu, Yuna Miyoshi, Airi Miyamoto, Yuna Nagaoka

team Osaka: Mitsuki Sumoto, Sora Katena, Riona Katou, Misaki Morishita, Shuntarou  Asaga, Shioh Kojima, Sae Shimizu, Haruna Iwasaki

team Chiba: Yuki Satoh, Masayuki Hirota, Tsudoi Suto, Ryouta Kitamura, Chikako Saigusa, Hiyori Konari

team Miyagi: Hiroyoshi Ogata, Hiroto Honda, Hono Segawa, Mone Chiba

Senior Men results

1 Sota Yamamoto 241.59
2 Sumitada Moriguchi 214.30
3 Mitsuki Sumoto 205.49

Videos:

Sota's FS

Mitsuki's FS

:congratualtions:

Guest turquoiseblue

Yuma Kagiyama Takes On the Olympic Challenge with Heroes Yuzuru Hanyu, Shoma Uno
By Jack Gallagher
29 January 2022

“The first Olympics I watched was the Sochi Games,” Kagiyama recalled. “I saw Yuzuru Hanyu and Mao Asada performing and their performances were very impactful on me. When it comes to my ideal skater, the one I would like to be, that is Shoma Uno. He has great points that I don’t have.

“You can say we are opposite types as well,” Kagiyama continued. “He has an expressive power that is by far the best, as well as great skating capabilities, so he is someone I adore.”

Kagiyama spoke about his deep respect for the living legend Hanyu, the idol of many around the globe.

“I am very impressed by the aura he gives off as a figure skater,” Kagiyama stated. “The mental strength he has is also very impressive to me. On top of that, outside of figure skating, as an individual person, I’m impressed by the way he conducts himself. His conduct and behavior shows what being a top athlete means on many occasions.

“So I have been able to learn a lot of things from him by looking at his performance,” Kagiyama added. “I don’t know how many times I will get to compete in major competitions in my career, but I would like to emulate him as an athlete in many ways, so I can get closer to the great athlete that he is as much as possible.”

“My biggest goal for the Olympics is to make no mistakes in both the short program and the free skate,” Kagiyama remarked. “Beyond that, I hope to go to the top. I want to show a good performance.”

With Japan having a legitimate chance at winning a medal in the team event for the first time, Kagiyama believes if that is achieved it would bring skating more exposure.

“When it comes to the team competition, it doesn’t get much attention compared to the Summer Olympics team events,” Kagiyama noted. “It is not as well-known as individual figure skating events. If we can win a medal this time, I think it will boost the value of the team event and also the level of attention that the team event gets. It is important for us to win a medal.”

Ice Time wanted to know what area Kagiyama, who is known for his consistency on the ice, feels he needs to improve in.

“When it comes to the second half of a program, I become fatigued and too preoccupied with jumps only,” Kagiyama stated. “I would like to be like other figure skaters who can also continue thinking about skating in the second half of the program as well.”

Ice Time wondered which foreign skaters, male and female, Kagiyama admired.

“There are many, is the answer,” Kagiyama remarked. “Take [American] Jason Brown, although he doesn’t do quadruples, he is great in skating, expressive power and artistic performance. So I look at various videos of Jason Brown for my reference.

“Also, the female Russian skaters. I am speechless,” Kagiyama stated. “I can only come up with the word ‘sugoi’ (impressive). They do various types of quads, so impressive is all I can say about them.”

7 hours ago, Sayu93 said:

I am officially on a Keijji Tanaka please switch to pairs agenda!

Any particular reason why you say so?

He's had chronic back issues for years, so it's unlikely, but I'd like to see him keep skating. 

And I hope the JSF send him somewhere yet. Otherwise he'll be out of the world standings altogether before the next season starts, and that would be just sad.