Team Japan

Guest turquoiseblue

Kazuki Tomono about his performances at Rostelecom Cup:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW2neksoao6/

I've always aimed for 95 points in SP, I know I'm capable if I do my best. The jumps were not all great, the toe loop was ok, but not the rest. I still got high scores so I am happy and I know I can aim even higher.

I did train hard so this position on the podium is thanks to the hard work. The experience is helping me to remain calm, I felt I grew through this competition.
Next competition is the Nationals and today's disappointment will refill my energy to work harder. This competition gave me a step up to the next level and I'll take it from there. I'm an athlete who takes it step by step so I hope I'll continue to grow going into the nationals.
I aim for the performance I can be satisfied with. I want to put out what is truly me and hope people enjoy it.

So, Utaji has broken up... :(

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW8PSaBp7d0/

This year I partnered up with @_utana_96 to begin a new adventure. Unfortunately after a few months we have decided to advance in different directions. I wish her the very best and I am thankful for all the amazing learning experiences we went through together. I should also say thank you to Arikawa sensei for all of the support she provided through our relationship.

Utana hasn't commented on this yet.

5 hours ago, sweetwater said:

So, Utaji has broken up... :(

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW8PSaBp7d0/

Utana hasn't commented on this yet.

That was a very short partnership!  I hope they will each find another partner soon. This shows how difficult it is to establish a consistent and compatible partnership in ice dance as well as in pairs.   

On 12/2/2021 at 10:05 AM, turquoiseblue said:

Here is an update:

Shoma Uno, Shunsuke Nakamura and Tatsuya Tsuboi were added.

Special guests:

• Rika Hongo

• Yura Matsuda

Source:
https://static.chunichi.co.jp/chunichi/pages/event/figure/skater.html

By the way
There is again a "countdown" for JNats and Fuji TV introduces the skaters, who participate.

On this account.

:68271262:

I hope everyone stays healthy and safe until then:smiley-angelic001:

Guest turquoiseblue

Meagan Duhamel's comment on Riku Miura and Ryuichi Kihara:

Meagan Duhamel: "I would like the judging system to reflect the real performance"

However, you continue to train the Japanese pair Riku Miura / Ryuichi Kihara. They won silver and bronze medals at the Grand Prix this season and became the first Japanese pair since 2011 to do so. How did you start working with them?

Meagan Duhamel: My husband has been working with Riku for a long time. We even trained together when she was only 13-14 years old, and I helped her with her former partner. But at some point, she no longer wanted to skate with him. Riku went home to Japan to rest and found Ryuichi there. She asked my husband if they could work together and he advised them to try and send him a video. They did it. Then Riku and Ryuichi came to Canada to train with my husband. When they arrived in 2019 I told Bruno that in a year this pair will be competing for medals at big competitions. And the husband said: “We’ll see.” But then a pandemic came and the skating rinks closed. So I was wrong and it took two years (smiles). But I think it would have happened last year if we hadn’t had problems with the coronavirus.

We immediately saw potential in them, but rather in their character then in skating. If you give them direction, they will try to do everything. They respect and listen to the coach. Although I don’t coach them at the rink right now, I give them feedback after every competition and they try to fix what I said. They have the right qualities to be successful: they are determined, they work hard and they want to be the best, they want to challenge themselves. I saw it in their personalities and knew that one day they would succeed. Because this must be a certain person who will do everything, whatever the cost. I was also a skater who did everything to succeed. And I see in them many of the qualities that I had myself.