Team Japan

Kanto
senior men FP
both qualifying to East Sectional

1. Yuma Kagiyama   167.39  total: 261.90
4loq(step out) 2s 4t2t 3a-eu-3s CSSp4 StSq3 4t 3f3lo 1a ChSq CCoSp4 FCCoSp4

2. Minato Shiga   54.57  total:. 95.52
1f 1lz ChSq 1f 1a(step out) CSSp3 FCCoSp1V StSq1 1lz 1s 1a CCoSp2   minus goe on non-jumping elements😅

protocols
https://www.jsfresults.com/National/2021-2022/fs_j/block2/data0105.pdf

U2iUiAB.jpg

Kanto
senior ladies SP
TOP 7 after FP will qualify to East Sectional

1. Shiika Yoshioka   54.83
3lzq(fall) 2a FSSp4 3t2t CCoSp4 StSq3 LSp4

2. Shioka Yoshino   43.50
3s2t 3t FSSp3 CCoSp3 2a Lsp4 StSq2

3. Julie Suzuki   39.87
3s(overturn) 3t2t FCSp3 ina bauer-2a(step out) SSp4 StSq1 CCoSp3

4. Arisa Nakamoto   39.48
3t2t 3s<<(hangs on) FSSp2 2a CCoSp4 StSq2 LSp3

5. Kanon Ayabe   35.59
3t2t 2a LSp2 FSSp3 3s<<(fall) StSq2 CCoSp3

6. Akane Matsubara   33.61
3tq+COMBO(fall) 3s<(hangs on) FCSp4 2a StSq1 LSp1 CCoSp4

7. Aimi Shimizu   33.37
3t<<(2ft)2t 3s<<(fall) CCoSp4 FSSp4 2aq(hangs on) StSq2 LSp3

8. Haruna Suzuki   28.37
3s<<(step out) 3t<<+COMBO(2ft) LSp1 FCSp1 StSq2 2a<<(2ft) CCoSp2

protocols
https://www.jsfresults.com/National/2021-2022/fs_j/block2/data0203.pdf

VC8MGmP.jpg

Tohoku-Hokkaido
senior ladies SP
TOP 7 will qualify to East Sectional

1. Honoka Hirotani   48.45
3t2t 3lzq(foot down) LSp4 FCSp3 2a StSq2 CCoSp3

2. Airi Miyamoto   41.61
3t2t 3s CCoSp4 StSq1 FCSp3 2a<<(fall) LSp4

3. Himari Miura   40.99
3t<(hangs on)2t(rippon) 3turns-3lo< FCSp4 2a<<(step out) CCoSp4 StSq2 LSp4

4. Hiyori Sato   35.38
3t<2t 2a(2ft) FSSp4 CCoSp4 3s<<(2ft) StSq2 Lsp3

5. Yurie Shimizu   34.12
2a< 3t<<(2ft)+COMBO+2t* FSSp4 3s<<(hangs on) CCoSp4 StSq1 LSp3

6. Nodoka Taneichi   33.87
3t2t 3s<<(hangs on) LSp3 2a<<(fall) FSSp3 Stsq1 CCoSp4

7. Suzu Fujisaki   30.61
3t2t 3s<<(hangs on) CCoSp2 2a(step out) StSq2 FSSp*(shaky) LSp2

8. Karen Katou   27.19
2s*(hangs on) 2t2t* CCoSp3 FSSp3 2a<<(fall) StSq2 LSp3

9. Shouko Hasegawa   25.33
3s<<(2ft) FCSp1 2a<<(2ft) 2lz!<<+COMBO(2ft) CCoSp3 StSq2 LSp1

protocols
https://www.jsfresults.com/National/2021-2022/fs_j/block1/data0203.pdf

aVpoUhW.jpg

Random thoughts on JO

Spoiler

I watched it online. (though I missed Sena and the second half of Mana's program due to technical issues.) 4 out of 6 women attempted 3A, and I thought Wakaba's was very nice. Hers in this season looks competition-ready. I hope she has gained confidence with it and will be able to skate the FP cleanly later in the season. It was exciting to watch Mana right after Wakaba too, although I couldn't watch her entire performance. I could feel her fighting spirit sparking inside when she went out to skate her program. Her 3A also looked rotated in real-time. 

Rino's and Satoko's 3A didn't look anywhere near becoming their weapon, but I guess practicing it would boost their motivation considering what other top women are doing.

I thought Kaori's FP and its costume were better than The Ice version, but her performance today wasn't as good as her scores. According to recent articles, Richaud conceived her FP and SP as a pair of programs that convey the same message or approach the same theme, and he insisted that Kaori should present them as such. It looks like Kaori has determined to meet the choreographer’s expectations, but I don't feel comfortable seeing this struggle. If expressing the strength of women with her skate was her own idea, she might be able to conquer all the doubts and skate strong through this Olympic season, but... Richaud is probably one of the people who have the highest opinion of Kaori, but I think he should put Kaori in the driver's seat in an Olympic season.

As for the men, I loved Shun's POTO the most. Despite including 4quads including a Lz and a F, it wasn't a series of long set-ups and jumps. Jumps were placed in quickly changing scenes, and it felt like Shun was executing them while portraying Phantom. In this regard, I hope Sota and his team will brush up the first half of Io Ci Saro when Sota is physically ready. Keiji's Whiplash and Kazuki's La la land looked much better on large competitive ice. Watching Shoma fell on 4Lo and then popped Sal and hearing Yuma did the same in Kanto Regionals, I wonder why people place 4S next to 4Lo and how each of them thinks about the layout, thinking of Yuzu's Origin layout.

By the way, Yuma has changed his SP costume

2 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Random thoughts on JO

Reveal hidden contents

I watched it online. (though I missed Sena and the second half of Mana's program due to technical issues.) 4 out of 6 women attempted 3A, and I thought Wakaba's was very nice. Hers in this season looks competition-ready. I hope she has gained confidence with it and will be able to skate the FP cleanly later in the season. It was exciting to watch Mana right after Wakaba too, although I couldn't watch her entire performance. I could feel her fighting spirit sparking inside when she went out to skate her program. Her 3A also looked rotated in real-time. 

Rino's and Satoko's 3A didn't look anywhere near becoming their weapon, but I guess practicing it would boost their motivation considering what other top women are doing.

I thought Kaori's FP and its costume were better than The Ice version, but her performance today wasn't as good as her scores. According to recent articles, Richaud conceived her FP and SP as a pair of programs that convey the same message or approach the same theme, and he insisted that Kaori should present them as such. It looks like Kaori has determined to meet the choreographers' expectations, but I don't feel comfortable seeing this struggle. If expressing the strength of women with her skate was her own idea, she might be able to conquer all the doubts and skate strong through this Olympic season, but... Richaud is probably one of the people who have the highest opinion of Kaori, but I think he should put Kaori in the driver's seat in an Olympic season.

As for the men, I loved Shun's POTO the most. Despite including 4quads including a Lz and a F, it wasn't a series of long set-ups and jumps. Jumps were placed in quickly changing scenes, and it felt like Shun was executing them while portraying Phantom. In this regard, I hope Sota and his team will brush up the first half of Io Ci Saro when Sota is physically ready. Keiji's Whiplash and Kazuki's La la land looked much better on large competitive ice. Watching Shoma fell on 4Lo and then popped Sal and hearing Yuma did the same in Kanto Regional, I wonder why people place 4S next to 4Lo and how each of them thinks about the layout, thinking of Yuzu's Origin layout.

By the way, Yuma has changed his SP costume

Re Yuma: ...still the same boring costumes. He goes from the full suit to the shirt without the tie but adds a pair of baggy pants. Although I guess with that song, nobody can dress nicely. 

Re Shun: That's a lot of music cuts he gets so the program feels a bit all over the place. 

Re: Kaori: I agree.

Re: Mana. There you go, but I suppose the clip will be strike down very soon so you should rewatch right now.

38 minutes ago, Melodie said:

Re Yuma: ...still the same boring costumes. He goes from the full suit to the shirt without the tie but adds a pair of baggy pants. Although I guess with that song, nobody can dress nicely. 

Re Shun: That's a lot of music cuts he gets so the program feels a bit all over the place. 

Re: Kaori: I agree.

Re: Mana. There you go, but I suppose the clip will be strike down very soon so you should rewatch right now.

Thank you for the video!:thanks: Good to know that Mana continued doing well while my laptop froze and got rebooted :biggrin:

Wait, so why was Yuma not at JO, if he was able to compete (and as WC medallist wouldn't he be already qualified for national too)?:confused:

Re: (ladies)costumes OMG I love so many of them, embarrassment of riches!:loveeyes: I especially love Wakaba's and Mana's, I'll miss Mai's fairy costume, it was a bit more peculiar, but this one is so gorgeous too and uses some unusual colors! And I love Kaori's vibrant indigo too (will see how it looks in the program)

Re: Kaori's fs, still haven't watched it and I must be careful not letting what I read about it influence me (because most of what I've read was despair)😅 but tbh, if the choice of fs was so heavily influenced by Benoit... idk how to feel. What's the point of choreographing a program about the power of women only to tell a woman that you know better and she should absolutely do as you say?:huh: like,  if it was a I believe you can do that! advice ok, but maybe let her choose for herself (Benoit doesn't exactly have a track record of putting himself at other's service, he's more of a it's all about ME type of person, as far as I can tell). So I hope Kaori is 100% behind the choice because she really loves it and believes in it. She abdolutely can't lose motivation again, not in  oly season (even more so when it's likely that international panels will score in a most demotivating way)

Slightly OT, but the Women documentary is quite hard to find

Spoiler

for example I couldn't find a ita version anywhere and the only available english version were on a few american on demand platforms (I had hope for primevideo but guess what, primevideo.it doesn't have the doc, I'd need a whole different subscription to .com🙄 stupid Amazon). I'm thinking whether to pay on YT premium, it would be easier and cheaper than other options

So, I am wondering wheter Kaori was able to actually watch the full documentary (possibly in language she understand, idk how proficient she is in English), since it isn't exactly as easily accessible as e.g. a Disney movie, Titanic or The Matrix

Re:Wakaba's 3A YAY!!!! Too bad that JO isn't an international comp, but it must still be a confidence booster! That score, on the other hand, ain't it. I saw in protocols she popped second Lz + she didn't do a 2nd 3T, so that hurt her bv a bit, but wtf are those pcs? Tho the same could be said for others too:sigh:

Congrats to Shun for a clean lz, apparently panel left the lz alone and only went after the F (3! iirc), but I'm still pissed that internal scoring made it so that he must go for the quad version of his lz and f. 

Looking forward to catching up with his skates and a bunch of others' :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: 

3 hours ago, LadyLou said:

Looking forward to catching up with his skates and a bunch of others' :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: 

The person who uploaded Mana's FP has also uploaded the performances of Rino, Wakaba, Kaori, and Shoma.

So, I am wondering wheter Kaori was able to actually watch the full documentary (possibly in language she understand, idk how proficient she is in English), since it isn't exactly as easily accessible as e.g. a Disney movie, Titanic or The Matrix

I am wondering about this too.:scratch2:

Wait, so why was Yuma not at JO, if he was able to compete (and as WC medallist wouldn't he be already qualified for national too)?:confused:

I am not sure why Yuma took part in Kanto Regionals instead of JO, but seeded skaters sometimes take part in qualifying events to have their programs checked by judges, to maintain their intuition for competition, to try new elements, etc.

Kaori's FP is interesting in a way that I have no idea if Richaud was actually inspired while doing it or not.

Because I just watched it 3 times and can't remember anything outside of one cringy time when she is kind of laying and maybe one besti. Even ChSq was just what? a spiral and something (again besti) put in whatever order. It's not empty, but there is nothing leaving a lasting impresion.

And at the same time: IT"S SO PRETENTIOUS. This is exactly what you get for all this "Let's separate women skating from jumping children!" bu:censor:t.