Team Japan

Shoya Ichihashi, who had skated with Riku Miura until the beginning of 2019, has paired up with Miyu Yunoki. Miyu had been skating as a singles skater in Hokkaido until the end of the last season, but now she is based in Kyoto. As I see Kansai Univ. in the background, they will train there, I guess? Miyu will continue singles skating as well.

On 9/3/2021 at 5:23 PM, Pink Elephants said:

Kana and Daisuke will be premiering their new RD at the Labor Day Invitational today :)

Starts at 17:30 Florida time, FD is tomorrow.

Results / Livestream

I looove this program already :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg::img_21: They seem improved from last year, lift is still wonky but not as bad as it used to be.

So excited for Yunoki/Ichihashi, please JSF invest more effort into pairs and dance, I wish for a Team Japan medal at the next Olympics :D

On 9/4/2021 at 8:18 AM, Pink Elephants said:

I looove this program already :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg::img_21: They seem improved from last year, lift is still wonky but not as bad as it used to be.

So excited for Yunoki/Ichihashi, please JSF invest more effort into pairs and dance, I wish for a Team Japan medal at the next Olympics :D

They got 84.03 for their FD at nationals.

It's a great program but... 

Look, if I was there and supposed to be judging I would definitely have stopped paying attention to my job and just been like omg omg daisuke omg that hair omg twizzles omg daisuke takahash- oh s*** I haven't scored anything!!! And quickly make it up. So like I can totally see how it can happen. I'm interested in how they go at a bigger competition. 

20 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

Figure Skate TV tomorrow, Sep. 5, 17:00 - 17:55 (Japan time)

We can watch some clips of Kinoshita Trophy, Gensan Summer Cup, Kanto Summer Trophy, and some novice/junior skaters :wave:

https://www.bsfuji.tv/figuretv/pub/index.html

Thank you @SuzyQfor the info. On this page I read that unfortunately I can’t watch the video in my country. But maybe there will be videos on youtube later.

Edit:

I found this 

3 hours ago, memae said:

They got 84.03 for their FD at nationals.

It's a great program but... 

Look, if I was there and supposed to be judging I would definitely have stopped paying attention to my job and just been like omg omg daisuke omg that hair omg twizzles omg daisuke takahash- oh s*** I haven't scored anything!!! And quickly make it up. So like I can totally see how it can happen. I'm interested in how they go at a bigger competition. 

I dunno much about ID technicalities but it honestly leaves a great first impression on me and I can tell they look much better than last year.

Up until this point, there are only two RD programs I like, and that is Kana/Dai's and Sara/Kirill.

Would be rooting for them to clear up technical issues (according to ID fans) and go out there cos honestly, this slaps.

Wishing Rika good luck too. I hope she can find someone good to treat her injury as well. Stephane once took Koshiro to Toronto to heal his injury, so I guess Toronto has good physicians or doctors? According to Asahi, coach Mie Hamada will continue coaching Rika as well.

ETA: "Team Brian" mentioned in the posts shared by @Anni are Brian Orser, Tracy Wilson, Paige Aistrop, Ghislain Briand, and Brian Wilson who choreographed her FP for this season.

https://hochi.news/articles/20210908-OHT1T51041.html

Announcement from IMG

https://imgjapan.com/client-figure-skating/rikakihira20210908/

Looks like Riku/Ryu and KoKo are going back to Canada as well.

Ryuichi saying thanks to the coaches and rinkmates before leaving

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTgDBs-sHTA/

Lists of entries for the regional competitions are out:

Date Competition Website

Some of the main competitors

(Focusing mainly on senior skaters

and the skaters related to Yuzu)

Sep. 23-26, 2021

Chu-Shikoku-Kyushu Regional  

(Iizuka, Fukuoka)

Entries and Results

Keiji Tanaka

Sep. 24-26, 2021

Chubu Regional

(Nagoya, Aichi)

Entries and Results

Sota Yamamoto, Rin Nitaya,

Yuhana Yokoi, Mako Yamashita,

Rino Matsuike

Sep. 30-Oct. 3, 2021

Kanto Regional

(Chiba, Chiba)

Entries and Results

Shun Sato, Yuma Kagiyama, 

Oct. 1-3, 2021

Tohoku-Hokkaido Regional

(Sapporo, Hokkaido)

Entries and Results

Honoka Hirotani, 

Tensho Akama (Junior,)

Hiroto Honda (Junior,) 

Mone Chiba (Junior) 

Oct. 7-10, 2021

Tokyo Regional

(Nishitokyo, Tokyo)

Entries and Results

Koshiro Shimada, Shingo Nishiyama,

Kazuki Hasegawa, Rinka Watanabe,

Satoko Miyahara, Yuna Aoki,

Tomoe Kawabata, Wakaba Higuchi,

Marin Honda, Kao Miura(Junior)

Oct. 7-10, 2021

Kinki Regional

(Uji, Kyoto)

Entries and Results

Lucas Tsuyoshi Honda,

Mitsuki Sumoto, Sena Miyake,

Yuto Kishina, Kazuki Tomono,

Mana Kawabe, Yuna Shiraiwa,

Kaori Sakamoto, Mai Mihara

*Following skaters are seeded for Nationals/Junior Nationals:
Yuzuru Hanyu, Shoma Uno, Yuma Kagiyama, Rika Kihira, Kaori Sakamoto, Satoko Miyahara, Kao Miura (Junior,)

Misato and Takeru (Tim) Komatsubara, Riku Miura and Ryuichi Kihara

*Some of the top senior skaters will probably compete in Japan Open and skip regionals.

*Lawson Ticket says that on day 2 of Carnival on Ice this year, the skaters currently competing will skate their SP for this season in a "competition-like atmosphere."

Highlights of summer competitions shared by Fuji
*You may need VPN to watch these videos from outside of Japan

Gensan Summer Cup

Kanto Summer Trophy

Kinoshita Trophy

West Japan Elementary school and Junior High School students competition