Team Japan

6 minutes ago, Kizuna said:

I'm not sure if you have seen her Titanic costume yet as I recall you saying you haven't watched her program yet, but I think most of us on the DoI thread were not particularly fond of the dress. It has a heavy look and hides her movements. To think that she chose the design for this costume without hesitation and her saying that she really likes the design... :13877886:

And then there was last season's FP where she chose the music herself too...

Yeah, I avoid DoI as much as possible, but if it really is based on one of Rose's dresses, then imo it's ok by principle.

About last season FP, it's not really music that was the problem, but how empty was this program. But yes, considering how she saw no problem in it, it's dissapointing, to say the least.

1 hour ago, Kizuna said:

I'm not sure if you have seen her Titanic costume yet as I recall you saying you haven't watched her program yet, but I think most of us on the DoI thread were not particularly fond of the dress. It has a heavy look and hides her movements. To think that she chose the design for this costume without hesitation and her saying that she really likes the design... :13877886:

And then there was last season's FP where she chose the music herself too...

I hope she will realise the costume makes her skating look heavy and it really hides all her movements. The details on the costume look nice and the fact it was inspired by Rose's dress but it is just not a good look on her. 

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

I hope she will realise the costume makes her skating look heavy and it really hides all her movements. The details on the costume look nice and the fact it was inspired by Rose's dress but it is just not a good look on her. 

I don't think she will change it, unfortunately. It seems to me like a mash-up of different Rose's dresses together, which is why it has such a heavy look. I actually don't mind that the lower part is flowy but because 90% of the upper part is SO wrong, in general, it really is not a good look on her. 

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

Yeah, I avoid DoI as much as possible, but if it really is based on one of Rose's dresses, then imo it's ok by principle.

About last season FP, it's not really music that was the problem, but how empty was this program. But yes, considering how she saw no problem in it, it's dissapointing, to say the least.

I actually had a problem with her music last season. I don't who did the cuts but they were bad 😓 In addition to that, yes, the program was empty compared to her other programs. Also the costume was ...not good. 

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

2 hours ago, Paskud said:

Perhaps just trying on the costume is not good enough to judge how it would look during a performance so I will reserve some judgement on that, but I think I have the same issue with Rika's dress and last season's FP, which is that she sees no problems with it. I wonder if she has seen her Titanic performance. I hope she reviews her performance and makes some adjustments with the costume.

1 hour ago, surimi said:

Is it possible that Marin will get any competitions outside Japan this season?

in theory: Sure. As long as challengers and other senior B competitions aren't decided, there is always a chance for everybody.

realistically: Of course not.:huh:

interview with Rika-sama

https://www.yomiuri.co.jp/olympic/2022/20210723-OYT1T50108/

After WTT, I thought I might not be able to skate for the rest of my life, and it might affect me until the Olympics, so I was worried about it. It's not completely healed yet, and it's still hurting when I start skating. Not being able to practice is the hardest part.

(...)

I've been told by various teachers that I shouldn't be too particular about quadruples. To tell the truth, I haven't been able to make triple axel (3 and a half rotation jump) in SP and FS without mistakes. And yet, when I go ahead, I end up spinning out of control. I'm sure I'll get a high score if I get the triple axel right, so I think I'll start with perfecting what I want to do as a base.