Team Japan

9 hours ago, Paskud said:

interview with Rikulya

Rika has had amazing self-awareness, foresight and drive from a young age. It reminds me a little of Yuzu. In that interview when she was 14 years old, she said that she thinks that at the Beijing Olympics, there will surely be 4-5 people who would jump the 3A. Even for skaters who are not good at 3A, there would probably be skaters who would be jumping two quads, so she had to start practicing quads from then. We all know how the situation is now, so it was great foresight on her part to start practicing quads early, especially since there wasn't anyone jumping quads in competition yet. [I don't know when the Russian girls first showcased their quads in a non-competitive setting.]

I'm also really impressed with her athletic ability. She changed her 3S technique before her senior debut to enable her to jump 4S, didn't she? But she's never had any consistency issues on the 3S despite the change and even used it as her last jumping pass after the choreo sequence in Beautiful Storm. That's amazing.

I'm rooting hard for her. I hope everything she's doing now will bring results at the Olympics.

On 2/27/2021 at 4:21 PM, rockstaryuzu said:

Poor baby is trying so hard!:4:

...or NOT!  lol, He's just having fun and not being bothered whether he makes a mistake or not.  Not so good for learning English (Shoma) but excellent for mental health (ours)!   

"STARS ON ICE JAPAN TOUR 2020", which was scheduled to be held from April 9th to 12th, 2020, has been postponed for one year due to the influence of the new coronavirus, and from April 8th to 11th, 2021. We have been preparing for the event in Japan. Corona's illness did not converge, especially at home and abroad, such as further spread of infection from the end of last year, declaration of emergency from the beginning of this year, immigration restrictions from foreign countries accompanying it, and isolation measures after returning from the world championship. We have made adjustments for the appearance of top skaters who are active in the world amid restrictions on movement, but with the re-extension of the state of emergency this time, we have made adjustments. We have decided that it will be difficult to hold the event from April 8th to 11th 2021.

However, we are currently adjusting the schedule for the re-transfer performance at the same venue within April 2021. We are also continuing to adjust the appearance skaters.

When holding a re-transfer performance, we plan to use the performance ticket you have as a ticket for the re-transfer performance, so please keep it in a safe place so that you do not lose it. Once the details of the re-transfer performance are confirmed, we will inform you again on the official website.

We will refund the customers who cannot come due to the rescheduling. Therefore, the ticket refund period will be extended until March 31, 2021. For details on ticket refunds, please check below before proceeding.

https://figureskate-soi.com/news_20210212.html

2 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Shingo Nishiyama and Ayumi Takanami is a new ice dance team. Ayumi won the 2019 junior national championships with her former partner Ikeda.

They are aiming for Milan 2026..

:panic:

And long term, realistic goal!

Good luck to them!

*goes back to manifesting Moa switching to ice dance*