Team Japan

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Oh no!! Why?!?!? Well he says why but I still don't get it...

Shingo seems to enjoy training at TCC, so I was wondering if maybe he wants to return to TCC when he can, but perhaps Utana wanted them to switch coaches and train in Japan when they couldn't return to TCC. Maybe that's why they are living in different parts of Japan instead of relocating to be closer to each other, because they can't agree on their training environment.

Anyway, here is Utana's statement. Google Translate:

"I am very grateful to all the fans, federations, coaches, trainers and families for their support. Thank you very much. I will continue to devote my life to ice dancing!"

2 minutes ago, IceWings said:

Shingo seems to enjoy training at TCC, so I was wondering if maybe he wants to return to TCC when he can, but perhaps Utana wanted them to switch coaches and train in Japan when they couldn't return to TCC. Maybe that's why they are living in different parts of Japan instead of relocating to be closer to each other, because they can't agree on their training environment.

Anyway, here is Utana's statement. Google Translate:

"I am very grateful to all the fans, federations, coaches, trainers and families for their support. Thank you very much. I will continue to devote my life to ice dancing!"

That makes sense.  I can understand a bit why they weren't living in the same area since they were both probably staying with family (being young...).  Not everyone can adapt to training in another country and I would imagine that would be a reason.  Hoping he gets back to TCC.

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Oh no!! Why?!?!? Well he says why but I still don't get it...

There was always something a bit off about them.

Shingo stayed all year in Canada and still trained singles. He even was posting nice 3a attempts this summer and this way, with his usually high PCS, he had realistic chances to qualify to senior nats. And he wanted to debut in singles seniors (he will age out of juniors after this season) but then he announced that he won't compete at regionals, for unknown reasons.

Meanwhile Utana wasn't able to spend whole year at TCC (because of financial reasons? I don't think they had any sponsor). On FujiTV list she had only japanese coaches listed (and Shingo canadians). And I think she will have uni exams next winter? Yet she seemed to be more ambitious between them.

They always had these a bit unrealistic goals. They even wanted to go to Beijing (and they split one month after their last planned skate of this season, right before olympic season👀). But they were first ice dance team in eternity (or ever) JSF seemed to be interested with. This Hip Hip Chin Chin really looked like a base for new FD. So I thought they will stay together for more time.

No conspiracy theories. Just wondering.

Now I'm speaking Iwano/Nishiyama into existence!🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

And now, for something totally light and amusing:

Shoma is starting to "learn" English from his manager, and he had a hilarous video about their first attempt at class.  The long and the short of it is that Shoma couldn't spell his coach, Stephane's name - and ended up writing "Stepen".   So a creative soul produced a vision of the real "Stepen".  Those of you familiar with Stephane's famous zebra costume will understand (hehehe).  (The OP says: please don't look too closely because the construction is a bit rough.)  

On 1/13/2021 at 1:47 AM, Paskud said:

70th National High School Skating Championships

https://www.jsfresults.com/non_responsive_toppage.htm?figure_top.htm%2CNational/2020-2021/fs_j/highschool/index.htm

among skaters: Shun Sato, Yuma Kagiyama, Lucas Tsuyoshi Honda, Rion Sumiyoshi, Rino Matsuike, Saki Miyake, Miyu Honda, Kinayu Yokoi, Mana Kawabe, Moa Iwano, Maria Egawa, Rinka Watanabe, Shiika Yoshioka, Aiko Motoe, Chisato Uramatsu, Arisa Kamoi

Shiika, Mana and Moa WDed.

Mana posted that her leg(s) hurt her after JNats and she decided to recover first. She feels better now and came back to training, but there was no time to prepare properly for this competition.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKROfBfp0Dx/

Spoiler

some of the peformances here

Kinayu and Shun had good SPs

save while still exist

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS3ZfopLr7n25R3TEA3La_Q/videos

@Paskud  Thanks so much for posting regularly about the Japanese national skaters!   I try to watch live but it's usually in the middle of night, like 2 - 4 AM, so I am unable to follow.  Great to keep track of the younger skaters who are not at international events.   Also, glad to see Sato Shun regain his confidence in 4Lz!   Poor Yumachin looked tired but his skating is smooth and powerful.

I am also a new fan of Oshima Kosho!  He needs to build up his stamina, but his performance, musicality and jumps all show enormous potential.  Even if he doesn't make it to the top echelons, I hope he will have a successful skating career in the future!   I leave the clip here for others who don't know him to watch - this is FP, Queen.  The YT video will like get taken down soon, so watch while you can! 

76th National Athletic Meet

https://www.jsfresults.com/non_responsive_toppage.htm?figure_top.htm%2CNational/2020-2021/fs_j/nationalfestival/index.htm

among skaters:

Ryuju Hino and Sota Yamamoto (Team Aichi), Kazuki Tomono and Taichi Honda (Team Osaka), Taichiro Yamakuma and Shinichi Yamada (Team Hyogo), Keiji Tanaka and Yuto Kishina (Team Okayama)

Wakaba Higuchi and Tomoe Kawabata (Team Tokyo), Miku Mochizuki and Yuna Aoki (Team Kanagawa), Rin Nitaya and Yuhana Yokoi (Team Aichi), Yuna Shiraiwa and Hiyori Tokura (Team Kyoto), Riko Takino and Saki Takamura (Team Osaka), Kaori Sakamoto and Mai Mihara (Team Hyogo), Hina Takeno and Niina Takeno (Team Fukuoka)

Shun Sato and Kosho Oshima (Team Saitama), Kao Miura and Sakura Odagaki (Team Tokyo), Yuma Kagiyama and Minato Shiga (Team Kanagawa), Lucas Tsuyoshi Honda and Syun Kobayashi (Team Shiga)

Rinka Watanabe and Nonoka Shozen (Team Aomori), Himari Miura and Mone Chiba (Team Miyagi), Shiika Yoshioka and Chikako Saigusa (Team Chiba), Rion Sumiyoshi and Aiko Motoe (Team Tokyo), Chisato Uramatsu and Rino Matsuike (Team Aichi), Mana Kawabe and Hana Yoshida (Team Kyoto), Moa Iwano and Sae Shimizu (Team Osaka), Saki Miyake and Marin Okamoto (Team Okayama), Maria Egawa and Arisa Kamoi (Team Fukuoka)

On 1/25/2021 at 12:29 AM, Paskud said:

76th National Athletic Meet

https://www.jsfresults.com/non_responsive_toppage.htm?figure_top.htm%2CNational/2020-2021/fs_j/nationalfestival/index.htm

among skaters:

Ryuju Hino and Sota Yamamoto (Team Aichi), Kazuki Tomono and Taichi Honda (Team Osaka), Taichiro Yamakuma and Shinichi Yamada (Team Hyogo), Keiji Tanaka and Yuto Kishina (Team Okayama)

Wakaba Higuchi and Tomoe Kawabata (Team Tokyo), Miku Mochizuki and Yuna Aoki (Team Kanagawa), Rin Nitaya and Yuhana Yokoi (Team Aichi), Yuna Shiraiwa and Hiyori Tokura (Team Kyoto), Riko Takino and Saki Takamura (Team Osaka), Kaori Sakamoto and Mai Mihara (Team Hyogo), Hina Takeno and Niina Takeno (Team Fukuoka)

Shun Sato and Kosho Oshima (Team Saitama), Kao Miura and Sakura Odagaki (Team Tokyo), Yuma Kagiyama and Minato Shiga (Team Kanagawa), Lucas Tsuyoshi Honda and Syun Kobayashi (Team Shiga)

Rinka Watanabe and Nonoka Shozen (Team Aomori), Himari Miura and Mone Chiba (Team Miyagi), Shiika Yoshioka and Chikako Saigusa (Team Chiba), Rion Sumiyoshi and Aiko Motoe (Team Tokyo), Chisato Uramatsu and Rino Matsuike (Team Aichi), Mana Kawabe and Hana Yoshida (Team Kyoto), Moa Iwano and Sae Shimizu (Team Osaka), Saki Miyake and Marin Okamoto (Team Okayama), Maria Egawa and Arisa Kamoi (Team Fukuoka)

Official site with free HD stream. Not geoblocked. Streams are archived next day. You can watch already junior boys and girls SPs.

https://japangamestv.japan-sports.or.jp/winter2021/Channel?ch=120192

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

Mana went clean, no UR called and is 7 points in total behind Rino who had step out and fall on StSq. =D

Hana went relatively clean in FS

almost 5 points leads in TES but 6 points behinds in PCS :0)

JSF loves Yamada more than Hamada :0)

and this Athletic Meets is held in Nagoya :0)