Team Japan

11 hours ago, surimi said:

Stupid question but what does the V in spin levels mean? Not hitting a position?

word salad from ISU Handbook:

“V” sign can be awarded only in 4 situations:
1) In Flying spin only: for stepping over and no clear visible jump;
2) In Spin Combination: for only two basic positions:
3) In any change foot spin with less than 3 revolutions on one foot (Free Skating only).
4) In Spin in one position with change of foot: less than 2 revolutions in a basic position on one foot (Free Skating only).

If in a CCoSp there are only 2 basic positions and less than 3 revolutions on one foot or in Spin in one position with change of foot there are less than 2 revolutions in a basic position and less than 3 revolutions on one foot “V” sign will be awarded. These cases of multiple errors will be reflected by the judges in GOE.

Mitsuki Sumoto at Kinki Championships. Is this his costume for "The Mission" free skate? (I could not watch his program last Sunday) Beautiful.

Congrats, and thank you for coming back, Mai! Congratulations to Kaori too!

Mai's costume was so beautiful... thought of personified flowers in Ernst Kreidolf's works.

I didn't have a photo!
Excuse me with a rugged face 😅😅

The Japan Open and Carnival on Ice are over.

I was very relieved at the match with customers after a long absence.
Thank you for all your support 💕

It was a game with a lot of challenges, but I jumped the triple accelerator! For the time being, I was able to achieve the big goal.
I wanted to practice more and more so that the whole program would be more complete and I wouldn't make any mistakes.

At Carnival on Ice, I had a lot of fun skating on new attempts 🤣!

I will do my best to grow so that I can show it again ✊🏻✊🏻

Kao

I personally had a slanted axis and a terrible jump. It's embarrassing to show it.

Yuma Kagiyama and Shun Sato, who finished the performance of the senior boys, were also watching in the audience seats, and even if Miura won the championship, he said, "I'm a little happy, but I'm disappointed. It wasn't done," he said. Along the way, he revealed that his shoes had "softened before this match," and regretted the fall of the triple axel (three and a half revolutions) that he couldn't handle.

In the future, we plan to continue 4 rotations, 2 types. "In practice, it doesn't get too disturbed. There is a 50% chance that you will be able to skate with three perfect songs, so I want to improve it for the next game." There is a possibility that a third type of flip will be introduced in the latter half of the season.

Today is the first race, so I was conscious of trying it first. From now on, I will seriously win. I want to do my own acting.

https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/202010040001334.html

Mai

I was really glad I came back.

I cherish each and every one of the things that Lori taught me. I had her do the choreography last season, so I'll remember it well, and be vigorous so that I won't be in a single tone until the end.

I decided on the composition just before slipping. I was thinking about the order of the jumps and the course. I'm getting stronger little by little. It's an absolute requirement to return to the original composition and slide completely by West Japan.

https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/202010040000711.html

https://www.daily.co.jp/general/2020/10/05/0013756954.shtml

Shun

I was fine in terms of physical strength (4 rotations), but I aimed too much at Lutz (fall) ... I fell from the front. [He smashed his left hip into the rink.] After that, it hurt and I didn't go as I expected.

The reason why I put the quadruple Lutz in the 4th jump was "I couldn't jump in the 1st jump and I thought I could do it again" and tried again in the 4th jump. In the SP on the previous day, the ban on the big skill that had been sealed was lifted, and it did not appear in the result, but it may have regained a good feeling, "Because I got off in the official practice in the morning while I was not feeling well recently".
It was a bittersweet senior debut match, but he said, "I'm still here. I hope I can gradually get used to the program."To the East Japan Championship (Yamanashi) in November, "I don't think there will be a match so much, so next week I would like to rest without jumping and make it in perfect condition by eastern Japan.

https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/202010040000850.html

Kaori

Sakamoto who finished the performance laughed unintentionally.

"I glanced at 4 minutes and 11 seconds, so I was surprised "Why did you time over?'"

Free is allowed 4 minutes plus or minus 10 seconds, but over 4 minutes 10 seconds. It's the second season of "The Matrix", but the songs and choreography were fine-tuned before the season, and the influence can be considered. One point was deducted during the performance time, which is also unique to the first race of the season. Sakamoto's expression was bright from beginning to end.

"I never got (free) 140 (points) in the first match, and I'm full of great feelings."

I've got a lot of physical strength, both short (SP) and free. I missed the quality of the jump and the spin in the free, so I'd like to practice from tomorrow.

https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/202010040000825.html

Yuna

There is still room for growth. I'm glad I found a lot of issues.

She became ill in August of the same year, and in early December she had to undergo rest treatment for about eight weeks due to a breakdown of his right leg such as the right tibia.

I couldn't even stand on the highest stage in Japan.

"It's hard to see all Japan (championship), I wasn't very enthusiastic about it, but I thought, 'It's not the case when I'm always good.'"

I told my parents, "I want to go see all Japan," and headed from Kansai to Tokyo. Faced with mixed feelings, I finally made a decision.

"After all, all Japan is a special place. I was very disappointed that I couldn't get out. When I saw people acting, I thought that I could absorb it, I thought it was" good ", and my own challenges. I found a lot of things like that. I thought it was good that I went to see it, and decided to "I will definitely participate in all Japan next season!"

This year, skating resumed in mid-January. The jump was scheduled to jump in April, but recovery was delayed a little. Due to the effects of the new coronavirus, the rinks were closed, and the jumps began to return after July. Still, I am happy with the diagnosis of "complete cure". "I can practice more boldly from now on," she said.

Coach Mie Hamada, who proposed "East of Eden," said that she recommended a song in which Shiraiwa's slip lives. The choreography is by Ernesto Martinez from Spain. She exchanged opinions with a young men in his early twenties who appeared as a cast on "Mao Asada Thank You Tour" and completed the work. Martinez demanded:

"I want you to show" NEW YUNA ". Because the skating is beautiful, you can show such a beautiful part in" East of Eden ". I want you to show Yuna's skating as it is."

https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/column/we-love-sports/news/202010050000247.html

also Yuna

In the first match in a long time, I gradually became able to make no mistakes from a week ago and challenged. I am disappointed that I made a mistakes, and there is still room for growth. I am glad that I found a lot of issues.

I received a lot of messages and support online, so when I was injured. Even when my grades drop, I want to deliver good performances to those who always support me.

https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/202010040000543.html

Mitsuki

I was able to make good jumps in the official practice, but in the actual performance, my body did not move as I expected and the match was difficult. I want to aim for the world championships on four continents, but I can't say that, if I'm acting like this.

https://twitter.com/boomsports/status/1312751867391139841