Team Japan

4 hours ago, Paskud said:

adorbs :mushroom4: with antenna

9.jpg?1

I would have stanned Ryoga even just for that adorable antenna, but if you also add the cuteness, his shirt(nice!) and the opening pose...:10636614:

I think of those(few) skates I've watched I liked Tomoe the best. All-around lovely, and gosh, that 3-3 was so light:tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg: Loving her costume too

Kaori's costume instead has something off IMO, though that too goes for pastel vibes. Her program probably has the potential to make me love it, but stsq still felt quite disconnected at this early stage and there were certain sets of moves (especially at the beginning) that while lovely gave me strong déjà vu with the Piano. Hoping that it will develop well. For sure it will give a nice contrast with Kaorix:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: ETA: her one-handed Biellman was such a lovely surprise <3

Mana looks so grown up! (Or is it the costume playing tricks?)

DOI day2 Ladies random memo

Spoiler

Ladies G1

Mana Kawabe
3A fall
3lz
3Lo
3Lz +3T
2A-3T-2T
3F-2T

Tomoe Kawabata
3Lz-3T(ur)
3Lo
2A
3F-2T
2A-2T-2Lo
1Lz
3S tano fall

Hana Yoshida
3A fall
3Lz
3S
3Lo
3F-2Lo-2Lo
2A-3T
2Lz

Same as yesterday, everyone looked a bit struggling with jumps. Saw many iffy landings.

Ladies G2

Wakaba Higuchi
3A ur fall
3lz-2T
2S
2Lo
2A-3T
3F-2T-2Lo
3Lz
After the fall on 3A, she doubled some jumps in a bit strange way, so I worried a bit if she was injured, but her usual jumps came back in the second half. She said that she felt that she could not get the timing of the jumps right for a while after the fall. But she came back really well.

Kaori Sakamoto
2A
3F-3T huge
3Lz
3S
2A-3T-2T
3F-2T
3Lo
Not like yesterday, she was much more powerful and vibrant today. Had speed and confidence. Welcome back Kaorix!

It's natural, but those who are keeping their program/programs from last season and those who are more experienced seem to be in good shape.

ETA: Fixed some mistakes. Looks like my post got truncated when I copied the text from text app and I did not notice that :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

DOI day2 Free Dance random memo:

According to the commentators, Utashin are training under coach Rie Arikawa when they are in Japan. She is the one who coached Utana when she started figure skating and ice dancing. Rie is a former ice dancer partnered with Kenji Miyamoto, and they were coached by Yutaka Higuchi, who has been coaching Shingo in Japan. So basically Utashin have been learning skating from coaches in the same school since before pairing up, and they say that is making it easier for them to skate together.

KoKo said they chose to go back to their old program since this is pre-Olympic season and they need to get results to be able to compete at Olympics. Love Story is the music they can skate comfortably and they enjoyed performing today.

DOI day2 Men random memo

Spoiler

G1

Ryoga Morimoto
Rhapsody in the theme of Paganini ...interesting choice :coolio: They said he chose this one himself.
3Lz step out
3Lo
2A-3T step out
3F step out
3S
3F fall
2A fall
Choreo and the music cut aren't bad. Hope he'll be able to skate this program well later in the season.

Lucas Tsuyoshi Honda
3A nice
2A
3Lo
3F
3Lz-3T fall
2A-1eu-3S
3Lz

There were some mistakes, but overall, a good performance. I like his speed and smoothness.

G2

Yuma Kagiyama
LoTR
4S-3T nice
4T fall
3? (I missed this jump)
3A fall
4S fall
3Lz-2T
1A
Nice costume. His SS will help him in pulling off this grandiose music.

Shun Sato
Battle of Kings
4Lz fall
4S nice
4T landed but fell
4T-3T nice
3A-2T
3A
3F-1eu-3S
Needs time to be able to skate through. Hope he will be able to pull off this layout and be able to pay attention to the details of the choreography...

Kazuki Tomono
4T fall
4S
3A-2T
3Lo
4S-2T
3A-1eu-2S
2Lz
Many iffy landings. I think there were URs too.