Team Japan

12 hours ago, Paskud said:

There seem to be a lot of cartwheeling, neck stretching (in such a way that spells Yuzu's Chopin Ballade to me, I don't know why) and Origin-ish posing (and something very Breakfast in Bangdad) in that teaser... Let's wait to see what the program will look like in its full form.

PS: Those movements combined with her serious gaze can be a good combo. I wouldn't call that intense tho (blame Yuzu for defining intensity :Poohgaveup:

PPS: That's really good PR right there. 

1 hour ago, Melodie said:

I think they might be? Kevin Aymoz also put his hands down in his 2018/19 SP (For some reasons I can't post the screenshot here)

I saw that SP live twice and I'm pretty sure his hands never touched the ice although the move makes it look like he does.

31 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I saw that SP live twice and I'm pretty sure his hands never touched the ice although the move makes it look like he does.

There is a tiny part midway thru where he knelt down and touched his left palm (I think) briefly on the ice. Sort of like that part of Yuzu’s choreosequence in R&J 1.0 (around 1:48 in the video)

Anyway, I guess that part was too short so it was fine? 

That reminds me, Rika did a weird movement where her hand touched the ice very briefly in Breakfast in Bangdad too, like she crouched down to pick up something (around 3:05)

2 hours ago, Melodie said:

There is a tiny part midway thru where he knelt down and touched his left palm (I think) briefly on the ice. Sort of like that part of Yuzu’s choreosequence in R&J 1.0 (around 1:48 in the video)

Anyway, I guess that part was too short so it was fine? 

That reminds me, Rika did a weird movement where her hand touched the ice very briefly in Breakfast in Bangdad too, like she crouched down to pick up something (around 3:05)

I think touching the ice is compulsory, but the question was about the wheel and I tend to think it is permitted but I don't know it for sure.

I like that Rika is moving all parts of her body with dynamism and intention. And similar to Yuzu, her upper body is not static but is moving between higher and lower planes a lot, which adds difficulty and interest. Also really like the spiral with the head thrown back. She just needs to make sure she's giving FIERCE. She's good at giving BUSINESS-LIKE and she's starting to give PLAYFUL, but as Charlize Theron once advised, she perhaps needs to think "MURDER" in order to hit the right tone for what that choreo looks like.  :nod2:

5f042dd8ac8a3f2f9bc21b972ad11aac.png

Source https://stoneandbloodandwater.tumblr.com/ but can't find link

13 hours ago, Melodie said:

Anyway, I guess that part was too short so it was fine

Yes, but that's not the same as doing a gymnastic move like Rika is doing.