Team Japan

I'm glad they're streaming regionals. They hould have done that ages ago, just look at all the (free) russian streams!

does isakura have fuji tv on demand?

re: JO

tbh I didn't care about the comp that much the previous years, except for Nobu's performances (even repeatedly forgot JO was Javi's last comp appearance LOL), but this time I would like to support the skaters and watch if I can (and ngl, there are several skaters I like). Number of partecipants is small, so that's good, BUT: I'm very disappointed that they didn't follow the no-audience + virtual tickets only policy that Mao and DOI had chosen :/

an aside, I'm surprised that Shoma won't be at JO (but good for him for being with his coach). And with Satton and Rika abroad, I'm not surprised they aren't going to JO either.

Is regionals schedule the reason why other skaters like Kaori, Keiji, Yuma weren't inivited (or declined to go)?

15 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

I'm glad they're streaming regionals. They hould have done that ages ago, just look at all the (free) russian streams!

does isakura have fuji tv on demand?

re: JO

tbh I didn't care about the comp that much the previous years, except for Nobu's performances (even repeatedly forgot JO was Javi's last comp appearance LOL), but this time I would like to support the skaters and watch if I can (and ngl, there are several skaters I like). Number of partecipants is small, so that's good, BUT: I'm very disappointed that they didn't follow the no-audience + virtual tickets only policy that Mao and DOI had chosen :/

an aside, I'm surprised that Shoma won't be at JO (but good for him for being with his coach). And with Satton and Rika abroad, I'm not surprised they aren't going to JO either.

Is regionals schedule the reason why other skaters like Kaori, Keiji, Yuma weren't invited (or declined to go)?

I really think it possible to organise a championship with audience and zero contamination. I mean, to do things so as to make any contamination much less likely than a car accident on the way, because zero risk doesn't exist. But it is a fact that an audience is a danger to skaters as long as they are not protected by "claddings" suspended to ceiling, not erected on the floor (the latter would "protect" audience of a contamination from the skater, quite unlikely) because in an usual configuration (with good prophylactic other measures), although the viral density over the rink (as elsewhere) remains too low to contaminate a "normal" person, I fear even a very small amount can contaminate an athlete "giving 120%" ©YH and inspiring to the deepest of his/her lungs. I don't think there have been any experiment of the sort to prove it of course, it would be unethical (but there have been unethical experiments in this epidemic).

11 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

Is regionals schedule the reason why other skaters like Kaori, Keiji, Yuma weren't inivited (or declined to go)?

Yeah, Kanto and Kinki are exactly at the same time. Tbh, all blocks are one week after another so probably some will want to prepare to / recover from their competitions.

What makes me wonder is.... Marin should compete at Kinki block..... Or I remember something wrong?.....:scratch2:

Rika.... probably is on her way to Japan already.😅

53 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

BUT: I'm very disappointed that they didn't follow the no-audience + virtual tickets only policy that Mao and DOI had chosen :/

Mao's tour has audience, with safety plan like smaller audience size. As far as I know, its mostly in small city/arena. And her Osaka leg this month was cancelled. 

From the entry list, look like JO prefer skaters base in Tokyo, or at least, Marin, Wakaba, Tomoe are there. 

16 hours ago, Katt said:

Mao's tour has audience, with safety plan like smaller audience size. As far as I know, its mostly in small city/arena. And her Osaka leg this month was cancelled. 

From the entry list, look like JO prefer skaters base in Tokyo, or at least, Marin, Wakaba, Tomoe are there. 

Actually, the skaters are from many places. Yuhana, Chisato, Hana, and Ryuju are training in Nagoya, Sota in Osaka, Hiroaki, Lucas Tsuyoshi, in Kyoto.

ETA: Hana is training in Kyoto with Lucas Tsuyoshi

I am disappointed that JSF decided to hold JO with spectators. 
JO's venue's in Saitama, but they aren't limiting the spectators to local residents as Mao's tour does, so spectators can come from anywhere, including Tokyo.
They say that they'll take precautions such as making the audience sit at every other seat while having a plan to make premium seats close to the ice. Limiting spectators' access to the 200lv would make things easier in terms of keeping social distance and keeping things disinfected.
Other protective measures they say they will take here sounds understandable, but I don't see why they have to hold this event in between qualifying events for Nationals, making the skaters, including very young Hana, travel under this circumstance.

Spoiler

If this is a sort of a test to see if they can hold NHK and Nationals with spectators, I really hate them.

By the way, did anyone tried FOD Premium from outside of Japan during Nationals last year or 4CC this year? If you could use it then, you will be able to watch block events live. If you couldn't, you can watch the highlights on Fuji TV ONE and Fuji TV NEXT via iSakura or similar service.
https://www.fujitv.co.jp/sports/skate/news/news200904_01.html

10 hours ago, Paskud said:

Yeah, Kanto and Kinki are exactly at the same time. Tbh, all blocks are one week after another so probably some will want to prepare to / recover from their competitions.

What makes me wonder is.... Marin should compete at Kinki block..... Or I remember something wrong?.....:scratch2:

Rika.... probably is on her way to Japan already.😅

Marin is under JAL, which is based in Tokyo. So Marin will be competed in Tokyo block.

14 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

I really think it possible to organise a championship with audience and zero contamination. I mean, to do things so as to make any contamination much less likely than a car accident on the way, because zero risk doesn't exist. But it is a fact that an audience is a danger to skaters as long as they are not protected by "claddings" suspended to ceiling, not erected on the floor (the latter would "protect" audience of a contamination from the skater, quite unlikely) because in an usual configuration (with good prophylactic other measures), although the viral density over the rink (as elsewhere) remains too low to contaminate a "normal" person, I fear even a very small amount can contaminate an athlete "giving 120%" ©YH and inspiring to the deepest of his/her lungs. I don't think there have been any experiment of the sort to prove it of course, it would be unethical (but there have been unethical experiments in this epidemic).

Are you considering the audience or just the athletes? Because if you've seen the lines for toilets at FS events...

7 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Actually, the skaters are from many places. Yuhana, Chisato, Hana, and Ryuju are training in Nagoya, Sota in Osaka, Hiroaki, Lucas Tsuyoshi, in Kyoto.

I am disappointed that JSF decided to hold JO with spectators. 
JO's venue's in Saitama, but they aren't limiting the spectators to local residents as Mao's tour does, so spectators can come from anywhere, including Tokyo.
They say that they'll take precautions such as making the audience sit at every other seat while having a plan to make premium seats close to the ice. Limiting spectators' access to the 200lv would make things easier in terms of keeping social distance and keeping things disinfected.
Other protective measures they say they will take here sounds understandable, but I don't see why they have to hold this event in between qualifying events for Nationals, making the skaters, including very young Hana, travel under this circumstance.

Thank you for your info. Yeah, I just check it and there's alot traning in Nagoya. Not sure how they keep pushing JO since its a fake comp in normal season after all. I know there's probably something with media rights and some skaters need money, but JO + its gala in Tokyo sound too risky to me at this point. Again, part of me glad that Yuzuru will never join this. 

7 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Are you considering the audience or just the athletes? Because if you've seen the lines for toilets at FS events...

I'm considering both. Athletes must be particularly protected because they are more at risk (from their exertion) and because CoViD moderate sequels, not "life changing" to the average spectator, may end their career. But it is necessary to avoid spreading the virus in general, and people who move need even more caution.

It is clear that the number of available toilets is a factor when deciding how many people can attend an event. And I've never been at an event in an arena. It is a pity if there are not enough toilets.