Team Japan

On 8/11/2020 at 6:29 AM, lynnidolz said:

Anyone know why Shoma is not in Switzerland for training?As Rika can go there thats mean no travel restriction from Japan to Switzerland right

Partly speculation and partly experience with other country's visa requirements:  Rika would have entered Switzerland on a visitor's visa; Shoma would be wanting to apply for a work or study visa.  If Shoma had started the visa application process before travel restrictions, he won't be able to enter as a visitor without invalidating the work / study visa application.  The only thing you can do in that situation is wait for the original application to be processed.

14 часов назад, river сказал:

I worry about him being coached remotely. Remember what happened last season when he didn’t have a coach? Hopefully he trains just as hard with Stephane watching over Zoom as he would if he were at Champery.

I think last season it was more mental than technical thing. So in this situation Zoom must be ok.

22 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

I think he is! He appeared in one of Stephane’s Zoom lessons in that series hehe

21 hours ago, river said:

Hopefully he trains just as hard with Stephane watching over Zoom as he would if he were at Champery.

Shoma is not forgotten, that's for sure ! :-)

40 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Looks like Rinkai Sports Center had a recital today, and Sota Yamamoto performed his Dark Eyes SP at the end of it.

From about 24:26 of this video:

Looks like he is wearing the costume for Poeta

I liked that a lot! He's into it and sharp with the choreo for this point in the year, so it will be great as it gets better!

I always enjoy watching Sota because the way he uses his arms and upper body in his skating in such an expressive but natural way is like.....if you didn't already know, you could tell that he's definitely one of Yuzu's boys :D 

Interview with Koshiro Shimada

http://wasedasports.com/feature/20200817_131396/

And of course, I have great respect for Yuzuru Hanyu, both in terms of technology and the spirit of the athlete. I'm playing games together, but I think that it's good if something like that that can't be expressed in those words will come to me in the future because the aura is completely different.

Google translator

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=de&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwasedasports.com%2Ffeature%2F20200817_131396%2F

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

Aaaaand again URed. Even worse than last attempt. On the other hand, I'm glad that she is comfortable with lutz enough to attempt this combo.

How do you spot UR? I'm genuinely curious because I can only spot prerotation on a Flip or Lutz :Poohgaveup: