Team Japan

2 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

His Youtube is so adorable!! It’s so nice to see him liking fans’ comments on his first video too 🥰

Nice video !

His hesitation (?) when he writes katakana ネ  (at 0:35)  Cute...    :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, sweetwater said:

His fans will sub it or share translations later. I've seen some translators translating Shoma contents on Tumblr and Twitter in the past.

YouTube is planning to get rid of community subtitling, I heard on Twitter. So translation might get a bit more difficult to find.

From this tweet, yesterday was her last at Champéry.

I suppose she's going back to Japan and self-isolate one more time? There's no way for her to reach Toronto?

By the way, self-isolation could be safely reduced to 10 days or even less with tests along, why is this not an option (at a cost, as it is more expensive) available to travellers, in countries requiring self-isolation?

50 минут назад, SitTwizzle сказал:

By the way, self-isolation could be safely reduced to 10 days or even less with tests along, why is this not an option (at a cost, as it is more expensive) available to travellers, in countries requiring self-isolation?

As I understand tests are not fully reliable.

1 hour ago, Lunna said:

As I understand tests are not fully reliable.

In the sense of false positive, they are less and less reliable because more and more people have had it without being ill and kept a reserve and will test positive for long (plus those who have been recently out of it and keep some fragments of RNA) without being contagious, but this is not a public health problem in matters of quarantine.

In the sense of false negative, this can happen either at a moment when the part of the body searched have no virus while another has, or just before death, when the body has got rid of the virus but is dying of the inflammatory reaction. The latter situation being excluded, the former can be adverted by a series of tests at several days (usually day 1, day 2, and one or two others by the end). It can be expensive but I think it should be an option for people who greatly benefit of a shorter quarantine. And it is probably way safer than a 14 days quarantine without test.