Team Japan

36 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

My dearest Mai, why It's Magic again? sobs

Never mind me, I am so so so glad she is back. She can skate to Mahna Mahna for all I care.

According to a more detailed article by Nikkan, Mai has a new SP choreographed for the last season by David Wilson but, for some reason, decided to skate It's Magic this year. She is hoping to upgrade it to be able to portray a lovely lady with more maturity. The FP is also the one choreographed for the last season.

https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/202007210000885.html

Mai is dancing to Mahna Mahna in my head now...:dancingpooh:

A few more summaries of skaters' comments:

Keiji Tanaka:
As you may have already known, he is keeping both programs from the last season, although he has a new SP and has started working on it. He stayed off the ice for one and a half months and gradually resumed on-ice training after the state of emergency got lifted. During the time off the ice, he tried many things such as running when people weren't walking on the streets, without knowing what was right. He tried not to drive himself into a corner. Thanks to such struggles during the time away from the ice, he didn't lose his physical strength much. However, he hasn't regained all of his jumps yet. Since he will keep both programs, he wants to brush up on them.
According to this article, Keiji was already in Canada when the Worlds got canceled. He stayed there for a few days and had to head back to Japan surprisingly quickly, so he felt really down after he came back home, although sharing such a feeling with other Team Japan members helped a bit.
https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/202007210000420.html

Mitsuki Sumoto:
As he had shared on his Instagram, he has been training under Takeshi Honda since January February. At the moment, he can't execute what the coach tells him to do about his jump, so he wants to be able to execute it/them without consciously trying. He stayed off the ice for about one and a half months and resumed on-ice training at the beginning of June. Although he doesn't feel he is completely back in form, he is regaining his stamina and muscles. While being off the ice, he tried not to think too much about fs but kept on doing exercises he had not been doing much before this pandemic, such as uphill dashes and core training. He thinks he needs to solidify his Axel and quads. He added some new choreography to the SP and hoping to show its uniqueness in this season. As to the FP, he wants to deliver Mission that people would remember even if they see it online. (when the competition gets held behind the closed door)
https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/202007210000618.html
According to Quadruple Axel, Mitsuki chose to skate to Mission inspired by Mai's.

ETA (7/22/2020): Fixed a typo. 

JSF's high-performance director Takeuchi says they are going to figure out the ways to let their athletes maintain their intuition for competitions, such as holding mock competition/competitions, etc. consulting with coaches.

According to a reporter from Nikkan, there were separate flow lines for media and skaters. JFS took their temperature at the entrance and let them interview the skaters remotely from the spectators' sheets.

8 hours ago, IceWings said:

Also happy that Kaori is keeping her Matrix free skate. I really want to see her do a clean skate of that program, so hopefully we'll get to see that. 

Yes! I would love to see her do it live...wonder if I'll get the chance at all...

Только что, rockstaryuzu сказал:

Surprised that there's no sign of either Yuzu or Shoma at the training camp. Yet.

Yuzu needs it's own camp, for sure. Theoretically there's a possibility of media day in Japan with very limited amount of press.

8 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Surprised that there's no sign of either Yuzu or Shoma at the training camp. Yet.

I mean, since for once they're both in Japan and all...

They're probably both sleeping because they have to get up in the middle of the night for Zoom training. :D 

Well, Shoma is definitely sleeping regardless of the circumstances. And Yuzu is being Yuzu. :D 

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

He has a dog now though...he does have to get up to walk the dog at least...otherwise, good point. :rofl3:

Make Itsuki do it, he's the one who wanted the dog. This is why younger siblings exist! To make them do physical labour for you!

Just now, fyere0 said:

Make Itsuki do it, he's the one who wanted the dog. This is why younger siblings exist! To make them do physical labour for you!

I thought Itsuki was the older brother? In which case, Shoma's the one doing the labour.