Team Japan

4 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Why would they comment about Rika at all? :confused::smiley-confused001:

It's about this:

And it seems that Medvejewa's mother, Janna Deevatva, has the same theory. When Sputnik asked through the messenger "What's Up" about sharing a link with Japan's national women's No. 1 in Canada, he asked for comments, and Mr. Devyatova returned the following reply. "Brian is very surprised by Kihara's statement. The parties haven't reached an agreement yet. Rica is coming to Canada, but it's for summer camp. It's weird."

https://jp.sputniknews.com/amp/figure-skating/202006197554915/

but:

Let's ignore that whole article is big YIKES.

And a big F*CK YOU to Goncharenko from me.

I don't see the link with Inna Goncharenko?

Anyway, I cannot understand how Evgenia Medvedeva's mother, who must be well aware of restrictions and perspectives to skaters entry in Canada coming from Japan, could believe Rika Kihira could fly to Canada when allowed, self-isolate during two weeks, then have a summer camp, fly back to Japan and self-isolate again during two weeks, so little time before the beginning of GP season?

1 minute ago, Paskud said:

So who was lying, Sputnik or Medo? Decide for yourself.

Then, what I don't understand, is why, while Evgenia Medvedeva is so busy laying traps for herself (in France we say : soap her own plank), a newspaper should feel the need to invent this?

May it not be a mere "work from home accident", the redactor having misunderstood what the informer said?

This all sounds very tabloidy to me. Situations like this are almost always 'journalists' or writers (in my opinion, true journalists have integrity) taking things out of context and/or blowing things out of proportion to get readers. That the article has been revised again and again really suggests as much.

Zhenya would truly be putting her foot in it if she started any drama between her and any of the Japanese skaters lest she lose her Japanese fanbase. She also loves TCC so I can't imagine she'd do anything make her training environment hostile or awkward. 

10 hours ago, Paskud said:

So who was lying, Sputnik or Medo? Decide for yourself.

Just using a bit of common sense here, it really seems unlikely that Brian or any of the other TCC coaches would talk with Zhenya or her mom about their arrangements with Rika or any other skater (purely on a business level, it would be unprofessional). My guess is Sputnik is spinning a tale out of nothing.  I could be wrong, but I doubt it. 

Also why post an article that you have to edit and re-edit? Why not do some basic journalism first, fact-check and confirm your sources? And since when does anybody do an interview over WhatsApp? Is Medvedeva's mother in the habit of talking to journalists about her daughter's team mates? Has she ever given any kind of interview before? 

I dunno. This situation gets more and more fishy... something isn't right. What Sputnik is claiming does not match up with Medvedeva's previous behaviour at all. I mean even when she left Eteri, Evgenia kept her comments to a minimum. I honestly can't picture her saying something like this out of the blue to a media organization of any kind. 

Does this really belong to this thread? If it is about Rika, there is no way she and her team wouldn't have responded if the news of her training under Brian was false. Her agent is Avex, a talent agency that is dealing with media all the time. She has her own SNS as well. It should be easy for them to correct misinformation. Also, if the news was false, they should respond quickly because otherwise, the false news could damage the relationship between her and coach Hamada. Rika going to Canada just for the summer camp would not have treated as news because her training for some weeks in other countries is nothing new.
Whoever came up with the idea of publishing this article doesn't know much about Rika or how this article would be read by its potential readers, though it is not surprising since Sputnik is a Russian news agency and Sputnik.jp is nothing more than its Japanese branch.

ETA: "news" from "news agency" in the last sentence was missing so I fixed it

Article about Kinoshita Academy. Nothing unexpected, but it confirms some previous assumptions.

The Kinoshita Group, which has supported figure skating for many years, has launched the "Kinoshita Academy" to develop athletes who are active in the world this spring, and has started activities. The main base is the Kinoshita Academy Kyoto Ice Arena, which was newly established in Uji City, Kyoto Prefecture. Coach Mie Hamada (60) is General Manager (GM). Due to the spread of the new coronavirus infection, it was set sail in a difficult environment, but in the future we will aim to develop players who can fly to the world by incorporating English conversation time into lessons.

The issue of "ice rinks" comes with the training of figure skaters. It is the current situation in Japan that many top skaters are practicing by slipping with ordinary customers during business hours and renting out links in the early morning or late at night. Many links are used as pools in summer. Athletes who lose their home links roam multiple links in search of ice. The Kinoshita Group recently opened ice rinks that are open all year in Kyoto and Osaka. "Wishing further development of figure skating" (related person), newly established "Kinoshita Academy". The goal is to foster athletes who can aim to win medals at the Olympics and World Championships. According to the secretariat, there are currently 10 players from 11 to 17 years old. Since it was shortly after the inauguration, GM's coach Hamada's younger students were the main players, but the all-around players such as All Japan Junior Queen Kawabe Mana (15) and 3rd place Yoshida Hana (14) will gather. Since 10 students are “students” of the Academy, they receive “minimum” monthly fees including the link fee and receive guidance. Although it is possible that there will be a few new recruits, including overseas players, the company will not do large-scale recruitment or tryouts, etc., because it is focused on "supporting a few elite and close to medals." The first thing to think about is to train players. Not only on-ice exercises, but also on-shore exercises are set to suit individuals. There are schedules such as timetables, and ballet and training will be conducted accordingly. In the future, English conversation will be included in the timetable. The curriculum is conscious of the world from multiple angles. As part of this, guest coaches are Ghislain Briand, jump coach of Yuzuru Hanyu (ANA).There is also the name of Stephan Lambiel, the coach of Shoma Uno (Toyota Motor). We plan to ask them to coach in a mini camp that they will take on long vacations. Although it is a blank sheet of corona , it is a spot-like visit to Japan, and I expect guidance according to the degree of individual growth. The aim is the world. Although it is a monthly fee system, "support" depending on the activity is planned. Supporting costume costs, skating costs, choreography costs, travel expenses, etc. in the form of "scholarships" according to the results of competitions. According to the secretariat, "I can't tell you, but the standard for scholarship payments is a fairly strict line," but it seems to be motivating for athletes in the training period with little support from companies. By facing the competition with high awareness since childhood, we will produce as many skaters as possible on the world stage. With the growing popularity of skating, we aim to further improve our

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/0d66564130239b09b3299ba32b27056917505bdf