Team Japan

Just now, Fay said:

I am more interested in how much time she’s going to spend at TCC. Whether it’s another Satoko deal. 

I mean, of course she won't go abroad full time right now. She is in last high school year (if I'm counting it well). Later - who knows.

16 分, Paskudさんが言いました:

I mean, of course she won't go abroad full time right now. She is in last high school year (if I'm counting it well). Later - who knows.

She shouldn’t have any problem to go to Canada full time because she is taking an internet course. 

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

And what can Medo show her?

Ahhhh,I wanted her to stay with Hamada for a longer time....

Medo knows how to sell a program....something Rika may need.Rika is a very unique skater and that sometimes doesn't help her,she's marching at her own beat(and I adore her for this).

Just a thought you know.

2 minutes ago, mercedes said:

Medo knows how to sell a program....something Rika may need.Rika is a very unique skater and that sometimes doesn't help her,she's marching at her own beat(and I adore her for this).

Just a thought you know.

A thought with wich I disagree.

And I somehow don't see TCC working with Rika on expression the way Hamada's team did.

I'm probably the only one who isn't super happy with this move.

Tbh, I wonder what TCC has to offer Rika.  Unlike Yuna, Yuzuru and Javi, she doesn't lack of ice time, she has a compete coaching team before TCC and get choreo from all TCC- relate choreoghrapher before. In term of politics, aside from Med and Jason who get good score because of their big fed, TCC has lost alot in this game when they're one of the biggest/most decorated coaching team in the world.

Its likely the technical side, aka quad with Ghislain. She's smart about his career in the past 2 season so I hope this turn out fine for her.  

3 hours ago, liv said:

it worked out half decently for him, so maybe it will with rika too...

I suppose "half decently" is an understatement? His quad salchows are such a beauty. Even better than his quad toeloops. Only his triple axels are even more beautiful (and varied) but this is because he is the Axel king by his own right.

30 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

I suppose "half decently" is an understatement? His quad salchows are such a beauty. Even better than his quad toeloops. Only his triple axels are even more beautiful (and varied) but this is because he is the Axel king by his own right.

It’s just another way of saying “excellent” 

14 minutes ago, KitSileya said:

Do you guys think this is a continuation of the divestment of Hamada? She seems to be sending her top students elsewhere, at least part-time.Perhaps connected to Nobu's case?

Nah, it's just Rika being ambitious + some weird conviction among many skaters from Asia (mainly Japan and Korea) that foreign coach is a solution to all your problems.

Remember that Hamada recently opened Kinoshita Academy, took new, young coach to her team and has quite a lot promising juniors.