Team Japan

1 hour ago, TallyT said:

I've clearly watched/absorbed too many weir ads on ice show streams... this looked way less weird than I suspect it would have even a year ago :10814716:

But we should keep it as another piece of evidence that anyone carping at Yuzu's or Shoma's costumes are just not allowing for cultural differences so there .

It's not the costume as much as the cinematography for me :D (I'm all for shiny costumes!) Though it's still a step up from the cantilever on belly one.

20 hours ago, Veveco said:

I hope Dai got a big fat cheque for this. I'll never complain about white xylitol again :knc_tracy1:

I had to watch the video several times before my brain believed it was real. And I thought the same as you, I hope Dai's cheque  was many orders of magnitude big. 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I had to watch the video several times before my brain believed it was real. And I thought the same as you, I hope Dai's cheque  was many orders of magnitude big. 

It rather reminded me Super-Sentai series such as Choudenshi Bioman, which I confess, in time, I found hard to believe they had ever been produced, with their repetitive gesture, or their "spacial vessels", small plastic toys which injection moulding marks had not even been erased...

Here a very good French parody, unfortunately non subtitled :

Satoko's fans donated faceguards to the hospital her parents are working for. Satoko updated her blog today with a message from her parents.
 https://ameblo.jp/satoko-miyahara/

"Faceguards

Hi, everyone!

I imagine that in Japan, you feel the summer is already arriving as it gets hotter.
The weather is finally beginning to get warmer here in Toronto, and the colorful flowers are starting to bloom.

By the way, recently, the hospital my parents are working received donations of faceguards accompanied by a heartwarming letter/heartwarming letters. My parents sent me a message and said, "We will make good use of the faceguards with gratitude towards people who kindly volunteered to donate them."

All I can do is just to maintain self-restraint and to pray for the situation to settle down quickly. I am very grateful to all the healthcare workers including my parents.
I can only send messages of support and gratitude this way, but I hope sharing this news will help them even a little.
Although there is a sign of improvement in the situation, I am going to stay vigilant.

Satoko Miyahara"

ETA: Fixed some grammatical errors. Sorry!

Fuji aired a video interview with Yuma Kagiyama and Shun Sato last night:

In part 1, they briefly explained that Worlds this year was canceled as WHO declared COVID-19 a pandemic on March 11. Then they introduced Yuma and Shun mentioning their success in the last season and their backgrounds, such as Yuma's relationship with his father who represented Japan in two Olympics, and the relationship between Shun and Yuzu. They then explained how they were affected by this situation. Spring and early summer normally are the time for them to create the foundation to compete in the next season, but this year, they haven't been able to get on the ice since the government declared a state of emergency on April 7.

In part 2, they asked Yuma and Shun how things were going in the figure skating world while in some other sports, people were gradually resuming training. Yuma said that in other places such as Kansai where the government lifted a state of emergency, people might have gotten back on the ice for a bit, but Kanagawa, his training base was still under the state of emergency and his home rink had been closed. Shun said in Saitama, where he lived, people were not sure when they would be able to re-open the rink. He said that as much as he wanted to resume training, he also felt that he still needed to maintain self-restriction. 

While staying at home, Shun is taking ballet lessons online, three times a week to be able to stretch his free leg. He often practices plié as well. Yuma has been doing jump rope every other day. Now, he can do quadruple jumps :67789441: as a maximum while Shun can not even do a double jump.:68556364: Yuma thinks that doing jump rope and figure skating jumps required the same sort of instantaneous power, so he could strengthen the muscles for figure skating by doing jump ropes.

In part 3, Yuma said that he was also watching the videos of his performances and doing imagery training to maintain motivation. Shun said that it was sad that they could not compete in this situation, but he would wait to train on the ice to his heart's content once the state of emergency gets lifted.

In relation to this, Hyogo-Nishinomiya Ice Arena, the home rink for Keiji Tanaka, Kaori Sakamoto, Mai Mihara is now in preparation for re-opening.