Team Japan

7 hours ago, rubyblue said:

But isn't it a standard for women' quads? And even for men. I see many overrotated triples ratified by tech panels as real quads in big international events, so... 

She lacked 3/4 of rotation to land it.

It's super dangerous.

62aseps.png

Who would that leave in juniors to secure JGP spots? I have heard that Kao Miura is very good, but apart from that?

Shun Sato will undoubtedly do what's best for himself, but from the federation's perspective, I wonder if it's a smart strategy to have the senior field packed with great skaters who won't be able to get spots, and the junior field rather the opposite. Just saying based on vague guesswork; I really don't have much insight into the junior men, but ATM it feels like this to me.

I am glad to hear that Mai could be returning. Fingers crossed for her.

7 hours ago, surimi said:

Who would that leave in juniors to secure JGP spots? I have heard that Kao Miura is very good, but apart from that?

Shun Sato will undoubtedly do what's best for himself, but from the federation's perspective, I wonder if it's a smart strategy to have the senior field packed with great skaters who won't be able to get spots, and the junior field rather the opposite. Just saying based on vague guesswork; I really don't have much insight into the junior men, but ATM it feels like this to me.

I am glad to hear that Mai could be returning. Fingers crossed for her.

Yuma and Shun will be competing with Keiji Tanaka and Kazuki Tomono for the third spot, and they might actually do better than these two given their recent trajectory.  Going to seniors next season will also give the two youngsters the chance to acclimatize in the senior environment for a couple of seasons before the Olympics.  Kao  Miura is only 14 - he will have more time to develop - and there are a number of promising ones in the novice ranks.  Here is Kao in a recent competition.