Team Japan

9 hours ago, yuzupon said:

My Mai-chan!

She looks so pretty...

But I am concerned.

She's pretty but her face looks so thin... :sadPooh: I hope she's getting better now and things gonna turn out much better for her than last year.

Mai. I was thinking exactly the same thing... very pretty, but very, very fragile and delicate... her face... I hope she can have a Cinderella season next year, if she's able to skate again... (complete with fairy godmother who can rescue her and wave a magic wand and make her healthy again)

Edit: and gosh that's a beautiful back drop...

Entries for Bavarian Open

Shun is trying out seniors, and another outing for Utana and Shingo, if all goes well! 

The Bavarian Open is February 3-9, and it promises to be interesting. Junior dances feature all top Canadian junior couples. Something to look forward to in the same week as 4CC

https://www.bev-eissport.de/download/BO2020Entries.pdf

^ I am pleasantly surprised that Yuuto got a chance to compete too! And I'll be cheering for Utana/Shingo if there's a stream. But Koshiro placed higher than Yuuto at Nats, so I am surprised he's not going anywhere, especially since Shoma is going. Anyone knows what's going on with him, is he okay?

Did anyone see that Jack Gallagher article about Mai MIhara and the rumours around her illness? I have to admit the thought had crossed my mind that anorexia might be involved, especially after seeing the recent CoA picture and those posted by her other skater friend,  but I"m a bit surprised that he's actually written about it because it is rumour and it's still a sensitive topic. But, no matter what it is, the truth is she's been ill and still looks ill... I just hope she can get better...

47 minutes ago, liv said:

Did anyone see that Jack Gallagher article about Mai MIhara and the rumours around her illness? I have to admit the thought had crossed my mind that anorexia might be involved, especially after seeing the recent CoA picture and those posted by her other skater friend,  but I"m a bit surprised that he's actually written about it because it is rumour and it's still a sensitive topic. But, no matter what it is, the truth is she's been ill and still looks ill... I just hope she can get better...

Whatever is Mai going through it is up to her how much details she wants to share publicly. So far she hasn't shared much and I think the best way to support her is to respect that and send her a lot of love no matter what. Using a proffesional journalism platform to speculate about Mai's health basing on unconfirmed sources and own interpretation is very far from supporting <imo> and I find it harmful. Even if (at the end of the day) Jack's speculations turn out to be true, it's just not right to discuss Mai's very personal issues without her actual voice. The narrative about that case should belong to her. 

3 minutes ago, rubyblue said:

Whatever is Mai going through it is up to her how much details she wants to share publicly. So far she hasn't shared much and I think the best way to support her is to respect that and send her a lot of love no matter what. Using a proffesional journalism platform to speculate about Mai's health basing on unconfirmed sources and own interpretation is very far from supporting <imo> and I find it harmful. Even if (at the end of the day) Jack's speculations turn out to be true, it's just not right to discuss Mai's very personal issues without her actual voice. The narrative about that case should belong to her. 

Absolutely agree. I was very surprised and actually shocked that he wrote that article about her...to be honest. Especially when it's speculation. I cannot imagine how she must feel knowing that someone has written this about her... and I cannot see that this will help her get over it, if the rumours are actually true. I would say it's actually quite damaging.