Team Japan

On 12/9/2019 at 7:50 AM, Figure_Frenzy said:

Hey folks (especially to those who have been following team Japan way longer than I am), I've been meaning to ask this for a long while, but is it true that the reason JSF is so reluctant to push their own skaters was due to people protesting about Mao being underscored, especially during her competition prime?

....or is JSF just that impotent from time immemorial.... 😒😒😒

I have been following FS in Japan since 2005 but I've never heard of such a theory among Japanese fans... I don't remember JSF protesting against ISU about their skaters being underscored either, but JSF tried to help Mao in a different way. They appealed ISU to raise the BV of 3A, which was realized after Vancouver 2010. Source 1 Source 2
Some Mao fans protested about judging during GPF 2013, but it didn't seem to affect her scores or other Japanese skaters' scores since they made good results in the competition, and in Sochi and Saitama 2014.

I didn't see it coming either since Shoma seemed to be back to better form compared to GP Series and he usually does lots of competitions in a season. No competition between Nationals and Worlds seems to be a long time, though he might choose to do a senior B competition later like he did in 2017. Challenge Cup could be a choice in February, it is also close to Switzerland.