Team Japan

18 hours ago, Paskud said:

I think here is some update about Yuna's condition. Can someone translate it?:tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

https://www.daily.co.jp/general/2019/10/05/0012763046.shtml

The article says Yuna came down with Strep infection in early August and she has been struggling with the other viral infections.   At the US International it worsened again and she had to withdraw.  When she returned to Japan she slept for 10 days continuously.  She is finally feeling better but has not had much time to practice yet.  Wishing her a strong recovery toward a successful season!

3 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

The article says Yuna came down with Strep infection in early August and she has been struggling with the other viral infections.   At the US International it worsened again and she had to withdraw.  When she returned to Japan she slept for 10 days continuously.  She is finally feeling better but has not had much time to practice yet.  Wishing her a strong recovery toward a successful season!

Thank you! <3

I hope that her layout and results at regionals are because of lack of training, not problems with health again.:smiley-angelic001:

9 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Streptococcal infection and viral infections? Poor Yuna, must have been really severe is her body was so prostrated it needed 10 days to recover a bit... I hope she has successfully overcame that and will recover well for the rest of the season...

(but it's confirmed that this season is dreadful as far as jpn ladies' health is concerned :/)

thank you for your translation, @Umebachi:thanks:

also, who wants to drop a message for Wakababy, here's the project:tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw:

finally, crossposting from junior skaters thread because there are info about senior comps too:68271262:

6 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

dropping here a link to a blogpost that sums up the results of Jpn regionals and some info about skaters

https://jumpitwithashuulanditwithapa.tumblr.com/post/188167386873/japanese-regionals

since it's hard to find info in english (and of course JSF doesn't bother streaming local comps:tantrum:) I found it really useful to have several info in one place:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

On 10/7/2019 at 4:50 AM, Paskud said:

:tumblr_inline_mzx91uuLRI1r8msi5:

Scary

(And coupled with what Ashley Wagner disclosed about long lasting consequences of concussion and Joshua Farris still dealing with heavy consequences of his injury, it's a painful reminder of how things can get bad in a moment in a sport like fs...when brain and spine are involved it's even more terrifying...)

I'm glad that she is recovering, must have been really hard and it probably still is...