Team Japan

4 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

Yes, Sota landed 4S in SP, although his right hand touched the ice.

https://hochi.news/articles/20190811-OHT1T50319.html

We are easily moved to tears whenever we see that he is recovering and progressing :sadPooh: 

20 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

yup he had a very severe injury 

i really hope he can recover fully bc he is a very great skater

btw he went for 4sal and landed it too, right? wow i think he was only doing 3a and 4t last season! baby steps! 

I was not sure it was him,but i guess I read in some tweet that he has bolt in his ankle so watching him skating it's even more special and moving!

23 hours ago, mercedes said:

I was not sure it was him,but i guess I read in some tweet that he has bolt in his ankle so watching him skating it's even more special and moving!

Three of them actually. :[ His story would make for one moving film. I hope there's a proper happyend in his future :0005:

1 hour ago, sweetwater said:

According to the official blog of Rika Hongo's fan club, she decided to skip this season after consulting with her coach and people involved. She is hoping to do her best to be able to compete again.
Source

I was looking forward to her new programs. Sad to hear that she won't be competing this season.

20 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

I was looking forward to her new programs. Sad to hear that she won't be competing this season.

So was I, since I heard that she was going to skate to Ghost in the Shell. Not sure what happened, but hope she'll come back in good form...

According to coach Sonoko Nakano, Mai Mihara resumed training a few days ago. She is going to skip international competitions in September and will condition herself for Kinki Regional scheduled in early October. She hasn't started practicing difficult jumps yet, but the coach said that she seemed to have regained some of the weight she had lost and looks brighter after she got back on the ice.

Source: https://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20190829/fgr19082922340003-n1.html

2 hours ago, sweetwater said:

According to coach Sonoko Nakano, Mai Mihara resumed training a few days ago. She is going to skip international competitions in September and will condition herself for Kinki Regional scheduled in early October. She hasn't started practicing difficult jumps yet, but the coach said that she seemed to have regained some of the weight she had lost and looks brighter after she got back on the ice.

Source: https://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20190829/fgr19082922340003-n1.html

Thank you for the update, I was hoping to hear some good news from Mai... 

To be honest, I am in constant fear that she will retire early because of her health. She is my favourite lady, and the reason I started following the ladies. I love her skating, personality and courage and wish her the best always. I pray that she gets better and comes back stronger to have a wonderful season :smiley-angelic001: